• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Wednesday October 19, 2016

53 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Well, looks like for now, it's nudity on the way, with hijinks possible.  Where is Bandit with the popcorn?

I saw Doc head in the same direction with a huge pile of electronics in his arms whilst cackling madly, so Bandit may be a bit delayed.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Well, looks like for now, it's nudity on the way, with hijinks possible.

But what hijinks? I though that shrinking Catalina, while bad idea, will be THE hijinks Pandora failed to predict. This is getting more and more suspenseful ...

Not so sure about the nudity. Both Catalina and Rhoda blushing seem to suggest they weren't THAT much close at this point of time, and if they find the mark before Catalina manages to strip completely, maybe the censor bird won't even be needed.

... in any case, I doubt we will see anything. Unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Well that's a given.  Again, Unfortunately.

41 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I saw Doc head in the same direction with a huge pile of electronics in his arms whilst cackling madly, so Bandit may be a bit delayed.

No, that's normally when bandit shows up with the popcorn.  He has an profit sharing deal with Doc on it.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Not so sure about the nudity. Both Catalina and Rhoda blushing seem to suggest they weren't THAT much close at this point of time, and if they find the mark before Catalina manages to strip completely, maybe the censor bird won't even be needed.

This might have been the catalyst for them being more adventurous, note that they continued to use the dressing room for make outs after this, though from their dialog, that might have actually been the first chance they had to make out in the dressing room since this incident so I dunno for sure.

Also it's very likely that they'll find the mark pretty quick as it showed us that Pandora had her hand at Catalina's upper back between the shoulder blades, so it's likely we'll just see Catalina without a sweater but with a bra on. Now if they for some reason started from the bottom and worked up, then we would have a less clothed Catalina.

I think Catalina Logic, while Pandora might have predicted wouldn't follow along with normal logic, is still unpredictable in itself that Pandora is going to be kept guessing at what will happen next.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

This might have been the catalyst for them being more adventurous, note that they continued to use the dressing room for make outs after this, though from their dialog, that might have actually been the first chance they had to make out in the dressing room since this incident so I dunno for sure.

Yes, it might. And yes, it technically might been first case, although it would make more sense as conversation if they would be doing that regularly.

Also it's very likely that they'll find the mark pretty quick as it showed us that Pandora had her hand at Catalina's upper back between the shoulder blades, so it's likely we'll just see Catalina without a sweater but with a bra on. Now if they for some reason started from the bottom and worked up, then we would have a less clothed Catalina.

Right. I suppose she might also need to take off shirt, T-shirt or whatever she had under the sweater, but it's unlikely she will need to take off bra ... and even taking off the pants before shirt doesn't make much sense.

I think Catalina Logic, while Pandora might have predicted wouldn't follow along with normal logic, is still unpredictable in itself that Pandora is going to be kept guessing at what will happen next.

My point is that while some of Catalina's ideas might've surprised her, it's more likely the think she didn't predicted actually HAPPENED and not just was talked about. So far, very little happened.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But what hijinks? I though that shrinking Catalina, while bad idea, will be THE hijinks Pandora failed to predict. This is getting more and more suspenseful ...

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well that's a given.  Again, Unfortunately.

We just need to send in a pinup idea.

9 hours ago, hkmaly said:

My point is that while some of Catalina's ideas might've surprised her, it's more likely the think she didn't predicted actually HAPPENED and not just was talked about. So far, very little happened.

Yeah, so far we've only seen Pandora be surprised at the fact that Catalina noticed first, although, Pandora did have a bet with herself, saying that it was a race between Rhoda's change blindness and Catalina's self-transformation blindness. She just gave Rhoda better odds. but still knew there would be a chance that Catalina could notice.

We haven't seen any reactions from Pandora about any of Catalina's plans or how she's so far managed to not draw any other attention, so I dunno.

6 hours ago, exterminator said:

And a thorough search on Catalina's body for Rhoda.

There are webcomics I read where there would have been some toy creatures or robots on that shelf (appropriate for a comic shop) trying to look around the corner, climbing down to peek - or crawl - under the the door, etc.

One of them is the recently-completed Sabrina Online.

3 hours ago, exterminator said:

What?!?! Sabrina is completed? Where does it say so? Why am I finding this out now??

Bottom-right corner of the most recent strip.

Also: Shrink Cat, then shrink clothes. Sneak both out in pockets.

2 hours ago, AFNB said:

Also: Shrink Cat, then shrink clothes. Sneak both out in pockets.

I don't know if it's been established that Rhoda can have more than one thing shrunk at a time.

33 minutes ago, ijuin said:

I don't know if it's been established that Rhoda can have more than one thing shrunk at a time.

... or if she's capable of shrinking/growing inorganic objects (e.g., clothes, shoes, etc.).

Then again, does a cookie qualify as an organic object?

5 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

... or if she's capable of shrinking/growing inorganic objects (e.g., clothes, shoes, etc.).

No, too many organic components. Carbon doesn't just go away.

6 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Good luck finding inorganic clothes. The most common materials for clothes are cotton (which is definitely organic) and polyester (which counts as organic for chemists and is technically manufactured from zooplankton and algae which died several billions years ago). Sure, clothes may does contain inorganic parts: zipper, buttons ... although even those are often plastics nowadays.

10 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Meaning 2, yes.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Organic has 3 meanings. Only one has to do with carbon

1. has carbon
  2. An intergal part of a whole
  3. The hippy one.

Wikipedia lists more entries but I don't see anything about the intergal (or integral) part of a whole there. Except that military bit.

Regarding 1, yes, that's the chemists point of view.
Regarding 3, that was what I was poking fun of with that note about anything from crude oil being organic due to crude oil being from prehistoric organisms. (It's even more fun when something is "natural". Opposite of "natural" isn't "human-made", opposite of "natural" is "made by Cthulhu, archangel Lucifer or similar entity". Humans are part of nature, their opinions and behaviour notwithstanding.)

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Organic has 3 meanings. Only one has to do with carbon

1. has carbon
  2. An intergal part of a whole
  3. The hippy one.

Actually chemists are a bit vague on "has carbon" - there are things that have carbon but aren't organic (carbonates for example) and a few things that lack it that are sometimes allowed in the club (siloxanes, sulfur chains and the like).  

Of course the *original* meaning of the term in chemistry actually has nothing to do with carbon at all, it's "stuff made by (or found in) organisms" - dating back to the time when it was legitimate science to think life could be made of something different than the rest of creation.  Given the way magic is usually portrayed, if the term matters at all to it, it is likely to use that definition - magic cares about life a lot more than about atomic nuclei