• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday March 2, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=739

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Dan stated there were 3 3-type cards, after Susan got turned into Pinky Pie, Dan stated that both Mouse and Pony were 3-type cards and and then Ashley used Kitty Pet on Rhoda stating it was a 3-type card as well.

Sooo....how's this a 3-type?

Edit: I had asked on Patreon and Dan just answered:

Ooh, you're right. It's actually a two type. I just got confused because it replaced the animal card ^^;

33 minutes ago, Scotty said:

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=739

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Dan stated there were 3 3-type cards, after Susan got turned into Pinky Pie, Dan stated that both Mouse and Pony were 3-type cards and and then Ashley used Kitty Pet on Rhoda stating it was a 3-type card as well.

Sooo....how's this a 3-type?

Edit: I had asked on Patreon and Dan just answered:

So that means it's a Physical/Clothing card, the second one we've seen so far (first being Kid). 

Which also means it's the first case of a 2-type card replacing another 2-type of different types while also getting rid of a 1-type at the same time (prevoius 2-replaces-2 have been of matching types).

I'll hold off until next comic to see if it's misprinted like Police was or if Catalina just misread the number. It happens.

2 hours ago, Zorua said:

I'll hold off until next comic to see if it's misprinted like Police was or if Catalina just misread the number. It happens.

The comics seems already changed to her saying two. Meanwhile, the commentary is still talking about small being two-type, but small is one-type.

I'm sure Ashley would  still want to be transformed after the game as well. Possibly with wardrobe malfunction, although she already got the "improvised clothing" bit.

Yep, Catalina petting Rhoda is as cute as I thought it would be.

I can't wait to see Ashley's reaction to this transformation; hopefully Dan devotes a full comic or two to it. (Though I am sad to see both the Genie outfit and the cheetah transformation go. I love genie outfits, and as one might guess I have a particular affinity for felines.)

...So, Rhoda and Catalina both have 7 points, and Ashley 6. Susan's turn will go by without any risk of the game ending, then Ashely might avoid winning by landing on a one spot or having a poor hand, but next round we're almost sure to get a winner.

9 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

The comics seems already changed to her saying two. Meanwhile, the commentary is still talking about small being two-type, but small is one-type.

I'm sure Ashley would  still want to be transformed after the game as well. Possibly with wardrobe malfunction, although she already got the "improvised clothing" bit.

It sure looks like Ashley's outfit has changed as well...

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

Yep, Catalina petting Rhoda is as cute as I thought it would be.

And there is the bonus of James Bond villain vibe on it ...

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

...So, Rhoda and Catalina both have 7 points, and Ashley 6. Susan's turn will go by without any risk of the game ending, then Ashely might avoid winning by landing on a one spot or having a poor hand, but next round we're almost sure to get a winner.

... yes, seems we can't really be that far from winning. Unless there would be chain of them taking space from the one playing next, which is unlikely to last long.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

It sure looks like Ashley's outfit has changed as well...

Commentary explicitly explain she is now having dish towel folded around her as toga.

Of course her Toga was on wrong.

The classic Roman toga was formal wear for men.  And just to show that it was not meant to be a practical garment for working men, the wearer actually had to use one hand at all times to keep it in position.

Sometimes I wonder how those darn Etruscans managed to dominate the Mediterranean.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Sometimes I wonder how those darn Etruscans managed to dominate the Mediterranean.

They didn't. They dominated the Romans, then the Romans got tired of them around the time of Tarquin the Arrogant and booted them out. After a few false starts the Romans then made their Empire.

So, another tie, another plateau.

No, I expected a shrunken head. But a couple more napkins and we can have a party. :demonicduck:

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The classic Roman toga was formal wear for men.  And just to show that it was not meant to be a practical garment for working men, the wearer actually had to use one hand at all times to keep it in position.

Toga STARTED as relatively practical clothes. It became bigger, more complex and costly and increasingly unsuited to anything but formal and ceremonial uses with time and growing decadency. Regardless, I don't believe it has to be hold in position all the time ... of course, you needed to be careful to not make abrupt movements.

Ashley's toga is NOT that big, so it's probably inspired by something from earlier times.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Toga STARTED as relatively practical clothes. It became bigger, more complex and costly and increasingly unsuited to anything but formal and ceremonial uses with time and growing decadency. Regardless, I don't believe it has to be hold in position all the time ... of course, you needed to be careful to not make abrupt movements.

Ashley's toga is NOT that big, so it's probably inspired by something from earlier times.

More likely something from later times, like teen movie frat parties.  Or, knowing who designed the game, some sort of anime version of a teen movie frat party.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

More likely something from later times, like teen movie frat parties.  Or, knowing who designed the game, some sort of anime version of a teen movie frat party.

Ok, I write it long way.

It seems like something from anime inspired by teen movie frat party inspired by EARLIER times of Roman Republic.

Of course Hanma doesn't remember the original.