• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Questions for Q&A 8

With how long Sister 3 took and what with the major status quo upset that happened in the Fate of Magic part, I figure that after this, Dan might have another Q&A session. This is for keeping our potential questions in one spot and so we don't forget any.

My question would be when Catalina kissed Elliot, did people whip out their cellphones?

4 hours ago, partner555 said:

My question would be when Catalina kissed Elliot, did people whip out their cellphones?

Dan was pretty vague about it when Ellen asked Elliot about it. "I don't know, maybe?" suggests intentionally leaving it open to interpretation and knowing that readers will believe that pictures exist.

I still wanna know if Ellen can Zappa the Fairy. At best, the Ellen Demo suggests she should be able to but won't have Nanase's fairy abilities.

Does Mr. Raven know it was Ellen who was created by the dewitching diamond, and did he know/suspect that she was made by the diamond before Abraham attacked?

(I'm sure there are probably more questions that I'll think of later...)

2 hours ago, chridd said:

Does Mr. Raven know it was Ellen who was created by the dewitching diamond, and did he know/suspect that she was made by the diamond before Abraham attacked?

(I'm sure there are probably more questions that I'll think of later...)

I would imagine that he'd figure it out when he heard the cover story that the paranormal division set up (Crazy Stalker from Ellen's past + Abraham needing to kill the product of the dewitchery diamond= Ellen's the one Abraham was after), prior to that though, he sensed her magic potential but I don't think he was aware that she was the result of the dewitchery diamond.

9 hours ago, Scotty said:

I would imagine that he'd figure it out when he heard the cover story that the paranormal division set up (Crazy Stalker from Ellen's past + Abraham needing to kill the product of the dewitchery diamond= Ellen's the one Abraham was after), prior to that though, he sensed her magic potential but I don't think he was aware that she was the result of the dewitchery diamond.

He'd know she was the target, as did much of the school; he'd know about the link to the Dewitchery Diamond from Abraham being involved.

I have a question for the Q&A: Was Voltaire the one who marked Dex, or did he simply take advantage of a mark placed by Pandora?

Grace's dreams were about Pandora going around marking lots of people, and included telling her about Dex. It's not out of the question that Pandora marked Dex and then Voltaire came along to use him to try to kill Elliot (while framing Pandora for it)

How does Susan's summon-from-box spell interact with...

• Electronics? If she puts, say, a remote control in the box, then summons it, will it work the same?
  • Food and drink? What if she drinks summoned water? What if she unsummons summoned water that's been drank?
  • Writing utensils? If she writes with a summoned pen and then unsummons the pen, what happens to the ink?
    • "I prepared explosive runes this morning."

(And no, Susan listing the contents of her box doesn't discount the remote; she said she had "random junk" in there, and a one-button remote could easily fall into that category.)

12 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Was Voltaire the one who marked Dex, or did he simply take advantage of a mark placed by Pandora?

Once we realized that Pandora was not behind the attack on the ASMA Dojo, it became easy to assume the fried Colonel was to blame.  But the attacks grew out of a an ability that was essentially just summoning a companion for a lonely guy.

You may be right.  Pandora, in one of her "nice" moments gave Dex the basic summoning mark.
And then the jerk gave Dex the artifact that amplified the ability into something crazy.

But I should add the disclaimer that the initial mark may have been the work of Jerry, les immortels, or any immortal other than PCR.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But I should add the disclaimer that the initial mark may have been the work of Jerry, les immortels, or any immortal other than PCR.

Dex was part of the group of four Grace recalled with Magic Marks, and we know Pandora gave them to the other three. I think Pandora did indeed give him the mark.

54 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Dex was part of the group of four Grace recalled with Magic Marks, and we know Pandora gave them to the other three. I think Pandora did indeed give him the mark.

Really? It is also known that Pandora was not the only one marking people. Why would Grace only be able to see Marks left by Pandora?

6 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Really? It is also known that Pandora was not the only one marking people. Why would Grace only be able to see Marks left by Pandora?

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1925

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=1926

Going by those two comics, I'm pretty sure the Emissary told Grace that Pandora marked Dex. And I'm also pretty sure the Emissary only told her about marks left by Pandora because her actions led to an increase in the awareness of Magic.

1 minute ago, partner555 said:

Going by those two comics, I'm pretty sure the Emissary told Grace that Pandora marked Dex. And I'm also pretty sure the Emissary only told her about marks left by Pandora because her actions led to an increase in the awareness of Magic.

Really? Grace just said 'marked by an Immortal', not 'marked by a specific Immortal.' And we know that not all the Marks came from the same Immortal. I'm afraid I can't really see that.

It seemed pretty clear to me that Voltaire marked Dex. He basically said as much when he visited the gang, not to mention Pandora didn't seem to know anything about that incident.

My question is: am I the only one who doesn't like the Q&A segments?

15 minutes ago, Illjwamh said:

I admit I am not overfond of them. But it is a way for Dan to relax and take it easy without putting the comic on hiatus and some people do like them, so I usually shrug and let them pass. The regular comic will eventually return.

36 minutes ago, Illjwamh said:

They're hit-or-miss for me. I liked 2, 3, and 6 because of the zany antics going on in the background and/or interrupting the discussion. I disliked the story of 4 (the shrinking experiment), I found 5 (the talk show) boring, and 1 and 7 were nothing special (but at least 1 was short; 7 on the other hand made me impatient to get back to the story).

In general I think a break from canon like the Q&A provides a nice change of pace, and is a good thing for Dan, many of the readers (particularly when reading the archives), and the comic itself. However, they do often go on a bit too long, particularly from the perspective of those of us reading them as they are posted.

10 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Really? Grace just said 'marked by an Immortal', not 'marked by a specific Immortal.' And we know that not all the Marks came from the same Immortal. I'm afraid I can't really see that.

At that point she doesn't remember the part about the specific immortal, and the way she words in on the next page implies that she thinks Pandora is the only one (at least, involved in those specific marks).  That said, she's dealing with vaguely-remembered dreams, so in any case she might not have remembered properly.

Would the emissary have told her about marks that weren't made by Pandora?  He/Magic seems to be specifically thinking that Pandora is a threat, and therefore would likely be only talking about Pandora's marks; on the other hand, he might have said something about a mark that wasn't made by Pandora just as a way to help Grace remember, or the Will of Magic might not have accurate information on who made each mark.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:14 PM, Zorua said:

Food and drink? What if she drinks summoned water? What if she unsummons summoned water that's been drank?

I would hope it'd be nonperishable (or at least a long shelf life) food like a bag of chips or granola bar and bottled water if she could. I wouldn't want to eat a sandwich that Susan has summoned if it'd been in the chest for several days.

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I would hope it'd be nonperishable (or at least a long shelf life) food like a bag of chips or granola bar and bottled water if she could. I wouldn't want to eat a sandwich that Susan has summoned if it'd been in the chest for several days.

Fruitcake has quite a long shelf life. :danshiftyeyes:

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Of course. That's why I used water as my example instead of a sandwich.

Though, on the note of Susan's summoning chest... What if a bug crawls in there somehow, and she tries to summon that? Or if Nanase takes control of one of the fairy dolls in there, and Susan summons the fairy doll Nanase is using? Or someone shrinks and steps inside (Squirrel!Grace, perhaps?)? Add "Living things" and "People" to my list up there.

11 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for the bug, I believe Susan must place the object in the chest to later summon it.
So the bug which crawled in on its own could not be removed by Susan through metaphysical means.

Could be, or it could also be that she has to simply know it's in there. (Another question for Dan!)

I understand her not being able to summon something she doesn't know about, but if she opens it, sees that there's a bug, closes it, then tries to summon the bug, what would happen?