• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Questions for Q&A 8

45 minutes ago, partner555 said:

What are Ashley's and Diane's last names? If they're going to have main character status, we should know their last names.

We have already determined what Ashley's last name is. Last time we decided it was Ashley PTG, for Pony Tail Girl. :demonicduck:

57 minutes ago, partner555 said:

What are Ashley's and Diane's last names? If they're going to have main character status, we should know their last names.

While it would be nice, last names are not required to be an EGS main character. After all, it was many years before we learned Sarah's last name.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

While it would be nice, last names are not required to be an EGS main character. After all, it was many years before we learned Sarah's last name.

To be more serious, nothing keeps us from asking Dan, which is what this thread is about. Finding questions to ask. I mean, it can't hurt.

Just now, partner555 said:

Diane's adopted family's last name is certainly unknown, though her biological family name is of course Raven.

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Diane's adopted family's last name is certainly unknown, though her biological family name is of course Raven.

In theory her unknown mother's last name could enter the picture, too. But if we are to go with strict biological naming, her actual family name is homo sapiens sapiens.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

In theory her unknown mother's last name could enter the picture, too. But if we are to go with strict biological naming, her actual family name is homo sapiens sapiens.

Kidding aside, I did jump to that conclusion without considering that Adrian never married Diane's biological mother, so Diane wouldn't automatically take Raven as a last name. She would have the option to choose to do so if she wanted to though, but it's really up to her and she is 18 so no one can force her.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:40 PM, The Old Hack said:

As we well know, Squirrel Girls are very powerful.

And, in spite of being extremely ditzy in every regard, are very good engineers.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Kidding aside, I did jump to that conclusion without considering that Adrian never married Diane's biological mother, so Diane wouldn't automatically take Raven as a last name. She would have the option to choose to do so if she wanted to though, but it's really up to her and she is 18 so no one can force her.

Even that would require that (a) {Diane's} Mom know that Adrian is the one who knocked her up and (b) Mom know Adrian's last name. In the situation described, each of those is less than certain to have been the case. Plus, Diane's last name was probably legally changed in the adoption process.

23 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

her actual family name is homo sapiens sapiens.

Geek twitch.  Odds are she isn't actually h. sapiens sapiens. Given that her grand mother is what ever fairy is ( mediocris sapiens maybe?) she can't have breed out the fairy genetics in only 2 generations. 

22 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Geek twitch.  Odds are she isn't actually h. sapiens sapiens. Given that her grand mother is what ever fairy is ( mediocris sapiens maybe?) she can't have breed out the fairy genetics in only 2 generations. 

Hrm. Good point. I suppose that might make Diane h. sapiens supernaturalis or something like it.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Even that would require that (a) {Diane's} Mom know that Adrian is the one who knocked her up and (b) Mom know Adrian's last name. In the situation described, each of those is less than certain to have been the case. Plus, Diane's last name was probably legally changed in the adoption process.

Adrian stated that he couldn't remember her full name, it's probably more likely that he remembers her first name though. Depending on the circumstances of the affair (I don't think it'd be the kind where she was already married, just a one night stand, it certainly wasn't Noriko, he'd remember her name clearly) it's quite possible she know's Adrian last name.

Do we want to think Adrian had a fling with one of his students? Or maybe hired a prostitute? Of course the latter would make it less likely that Adrian knew her true name let alone her full name.

On 3/20/2018 at 2:46 PM, The Old Hack said:

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Okay, if you get a geekly twitch, so do I.  You get big geek points for italicizing the scientific name, but you lose a few back for not capitalizing the genus.  It should be Homo sapiens, or H. sapiens.

Based on how a mule is designated, Adrien would be H. sapiens x H. immortalis or whatever they would be designated.  I don't know how many generations out you have to get before specifying the cross is no longer required; modern humans have some DNA from H. sapiens neanderthalis but we don't specify that when we list our own species....

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

modern humans have some DNA from H. sapiens neanderthalis but we don't specify that when we list our own species....

Twitch.

It is H. sapiens neanderthalensis and not all modern humans possess Neanderthaler genes. Practically all the descendants of those who migrated out of Africa do because they crossed paths with the still-extant Neanderthalers but descendants of those who remained in Africa mostly did not. This is changing in modern times because of even more interbreeding but nonetheless.

A new question: We know that an Uryuom "egg" with no Uryuom DNA produces a Roaisol Seyunolu, one Uryuom DNA and one Non-Uryuom DNA source produces a Tolougal Seyunolu, and two different Uryuom DNA sources produces an Uryuom, but the number of DNA sources can be more than two (Grace having four sources). What results with two Uryuoms and one Non-Uryuom DNA source? Is the rule "more than one Uryuom always breeds true?" That would sure be handy for adapting second-generation Uryuom settlers to a new planet by producing true Uryuoms with extra, localised DNA.

34 minutes ago, Haylo said:

A new question: We know that an Uryuom "egg" with no Uryuom DNA produces a Roaisol Seyunolu, one Uryuom DNA and one Non-Uryuom DNA source produces a Tolougal Seyunolu, and two different Uryuom DNA sources produces an Uryuom, but the number of DNA sources can be more than two (Grace having four sources). What results with two Uryuoms and one Non-Uryuom DNA source? Is the rule "more than one Uryuom always breeds true?" That would sure be handy for adapting second-generation Uryuom settlers to a new planet by producing true Uryuoms with extra, localised DNA.

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=415

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

The question wasn't what the max number of parents could be, but what the resulting child would be.

I'd say even if there's a majority of Uryuom parentage, like 2-1 or 9-3, the child would still be a greater chimera. The question though would be: would the child show more dominant Uryuom features? I dunno, though I guess it really wouldn't matter once the child was zapped by a cosmetic device like the TFG.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:

it really wouldn't matter once the child was zapped by a cosmetic device

Ok.  We know all babies look like Winston Churchill.
That is no reason to go zapping them with cosmetic devices before they can consent on their own.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ok.  We know all babies look like Winston Churchill.
That is no reason to go zapping them with cosmetic devices before they can consent on their own.

Hey, William and Gillian said they would let their child pick what gender they wanted to be once they were old enough to start school and then be able to switch if they wanted to again before high school and/or college. It can apply to Seyunolu as well.