• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Questions for Q&A 8

8 minutes ago, partner555 said:

Besides Sarah, how often to Elliot's and Susan's friends appear on their review show?

Interesting...

Sarah is the only one we have seen on screen in the comic.

But Justin is such an expert on The Lucas that it seems a waste to keep him off camera.

And it was Grace who convinced me that I should broaden my definition of what constitutes a "Christmas" movie.

Thus, when they review Mark Stanley's Freefall in IMAX 3D, the episode host should be Jeremy.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

It was actually Jimmy that was the expert.

Jimmy maybe the expert.

But Justin has a few advantages.

One, he is already known to, and begrudgingly respected by, Mr Tensaided.  And since the review show is still produced by Tensaided, that must count for something.

Two, Justin has a following.  Dozens of girls have been known to swoon for him.  Sorry, Jimmy, but looks and fame do count.

Three, unless there is a LOT about Jimmy having some sort of relationship with Susan we have yet to see, there is no way she is sharing a couch with Jimmy instead of Elliot or Justin.

Ooh, here's one. How much of the foreshadowing in the comic was on purpose and how much wasn't?

Relatedly, how long was the reveal of Adrian being Diane's father and Susan's ancestor decided on?

On 3/22/2018 at 6:14 PM, Haylo said:

A new question: We know that an Uryuom "egg" with no Uryuom DNA produces a Roaisol Seyunolu, one Uryuom DNA and one Non-Uryuom DNA source produces a Tolougal Seyunolu, and two different Uryuom DNA sources produces an Uryuom, but the number of DNA sources can be more than two (Grace having four sources). What results with two Uryuoms and one Non-Uryuom DNA source? Is the rule "more than one Uryuom always breeds true?" That would sure be handy for adapting second-generation Uryuom settlers to a new planet by producing true Uryuoms with extra, localised DNA.

My interpretation was that all uryuom parents = uryuom, all non-uryuom parents = lesser chimera, any other combination = greater chimera.  It's still possible, though, that those with more uryuom DNA would be more uryuom-like chimeras.

The explanation says "multiple DNA sources", which would seem to me to suggest that if there were two or more parents at all, even both uryuom, the result would be a seyunolu; if we interpret this as multiple species, it would make more sense, and we'd get the way I originally interpreted it; either way, it says nothing about majorities mattering and nothing suggests they're only talking about cases where there are two parents (and remember, at least Grace and Vlad both had more than two parents).  This also suggests that an uryuom egg with only human parents might not be a chimera at all.

10 hours ago, chridd said:

The explanation says "multiple DNA sources", which would seem to me to suggest that if there were two or more parents at all, even both uryuom, the result would be a seyunolu

I'm not sure I'm reading this properly, but it sounds like you said that even if the parents were all Uryuoms, the resulting child would be a Seyunolu, but that can't be right because that would have to apply even if 2 Uryuoms were involved, it shouldn't matter how many Uryuoms were involved the child would have 100% Uryuom DNA.

The "multiple sources" would more likely refer to species in general, like Uryuom is a source, Human is a source, Squirrel is a source, Lespuko is a source, that's 4 sources that were used to create Grace.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I'm not sure I'm reading this properly, but it sounds like you said that even if the parents were all Uryuoms, the resulting child would be a Seyunolu, but that can't be right because that would have to apply even if 2 Uryuoms were involved, it shouldn't matter how many Uryuoms were involved the child would have 100% Uryuom DNA.

The "multiple sources" would more likely refer to species in general, like Uryuom is a source, Human is a source, Squirrel is a source, Lespuko is a source, that's 4 sources that were used to create Grace.

Uh, that's exactly what I was saying in the next part of my sentence.

Just now, chridd said:

Uh, that's exactly what I was saying in the next part of my sentence.

Yeah I was confused by the way it was worded then because you started off seeming to believe it to be one way, but then contradicted that so I wasn't sure exactly what you meant.

Although, you also add at the end " This also suggests that an uryuom egg with only human parents might not be a chimera at all." but in the page you linked we see diagrams with the Roaisol Seyunolu having 2 human parents. That would suggest that even though the child might be 100% human DNA, the act of using an Uryuom egg makes it a lesser chimera since the child was conceived in the Uryuom egg rather than a human womb. Also considering how Uryuom eggs are able to stitch together DNA from normally incompatible sources, the egg must have a number of natural checks and balances, it's not perfect considering Vlad, but I doubt he could have existed if the scientists just injected a bunch of DNA into a human egg and implanted it into a human womb.

3 hours ago, partner555 said:

Here's one. In most AUs we've seen, there's an Ellen or an Elliot alternate, but never both. Is there a universe with both? If yes, are they twins?

I think that might have been tecnically already answered on tumblr years ago. Someone had asked Dan if there was anything he'd change if he was to start over from the beginning after having learned more about writing and drawing. Dan stated that Elliot and Ellen would actually be twins instead of doing the dewitchery diamond stuff.

So if we apply AU theory to our own universe, there'd certainly be one where Dan did make EGS with Elliot and Ellen as biological twins. So it's not impossible to believe that a Moperverse AU would have them be actual twins.

On 04/05/2018 at 11:42 PM, partner555 said:

Is the library featured in Sister 3 the Library of Alexandria?

I thought it was obvious, after he said that the library was in Egypt, but you never know...

5 hours ago, Entropy said:

I thought it was obvious, after he said that the library was in Egypt, but you never know...

It is actually the lesser-known Pharaonic Library of Rutintutin which is hidden somewhere in the sands of the desert. It actually started out just as a quiet place for said Pharaoh to sit and relax while reading but then he got into the habit of just leaving his scrolls and steles there for later and soon they accumulated at a rapid rate. Eventually the Pharaoh decided that moving all that stuff back was just way too much of a bother, made the most of it and had a library constructed there.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Strangely enough, that pretty much describes how the heretical Gnostic writings were found in the Egyptian desert...

They so weren't heretical! It was everybody else who were heretical! So there!

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

When and why did Susan start working for Mr. Tensaided?

It is often difficult for a Teen to find a job, regardless of what the overall employment situation is like.  There was probably some criteria that Susan used to tell her this Man was at least "tolerable" before she submitted her application.  Perhaps it was as simple as seeing her mother and Mr Tensaided behave cordially towards each other.

What speaks volumes is that, after she had been there for some time, Susan decided to stay and Mr Tensaided chose to promote her.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It is often difficult for a Teen to find a job, regardless of what the overall employment situation is like.  There was probably some criteria that Susan used to tell her this Man was at least "tolerable" before she submitted her application.  Perhaps it was as simple as seeing her mother and Mr Tensaided behave cordially towards each other.

What speaks volumes is that, after she had been there for some time, Susan decided to stay and Mr Tensaided chose to promote her.

As has been pointed out, Mr. Tensaided is a stickler for rules, but when he read Larry the Riot Act way back in the card game storyline, he wasn't just reciting the rules by rote. He clearly understood why they were there, agreed with their purpose -- and, frankly, him being what he is, it would not in the slightest astound me if he had been part of writing those rules.

In short, he is that all too rare gamer who respects women and wants to see them enjoy themselves in gaming, and not just because it means more girls to hit on, either. I think Susan could come to tolerate and sooner or later even respect a man like that even before she became part of the main eight.

Maybe this will get addressed during the actual story (either before the storyline ends, or later), but did Elliot and Magus get spells from the diamond the way Elliot and Ellen did when they used it the first time?  If so, how would the spells work?  Would Magus be able to possess other people and Elliot be able to somehow channel Magus or something, or would it be purely physical transformation, or physical + personality (like the secret identity forms).

On 5/28/2018 at 0:49 AM, chridd said:

Maybe this will get addressed during the actual story (either before the storyline ends, or later), but did Elliot and Magus get spells from the diamond the way Elliot and Ellen did when they used it the first time?  If so, how would the spells work?  Would Magus be able to possess other people and Elliot be able to somehow channel Magus or something, or would it be purely physical transformation, or physical + personality (like the secret identity forms).

Magus said he was going to modify the effect, which would presumably prevent such things.