• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Questions for Q&A 8

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, Zorua said:

Though, on the note of Susan's summoning chest... What if a bug crawls in there somehow, and she tries to summon that? Or if Nanase takes control of one of the fairy dolls in there, and Susan summons the fairy doll Nanase is using? Or someone shrinks and steps inside (Squirrel!Grace, perhaps?)? Add "Living things" and "People" to my list up there.

Susan originally threw the first doll in there so that in the event that Nanase tried to use it, she'd be stuck in the chest and not able to interfere with Susan's morning routine.

The question though would be could Susan summon a fairy that Nanase is occupying? I'm leaning towards no, or at the very least Nanase occupying the doll doesn't have any affect on the summoned fairy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I have a question for the next Q&A.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could and would chuck wood?

He'd chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Or, according to Wikipedia

A more concrete answer was published by the Associated Press in 1988, which reported that a New York fish and wildlife technician named Richard Thomas had calculated the volume of dirt in a typical 25–30-foot (7.6–9.1 m) long woodchuck burrow and had determined that if the woodchuck had moved an equivalent volume of wood, it could move "about 700 pounds (320 kg) on a good day, with the wind at his back"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_much_wood_would_a_woodchuck_chuck

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I have a question for the next Q&A.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could and would chuck wood?

I've seen this In Real Life.   About a 2 foot diameter hole in the door blocking it in a cabin.   Done in less than a week.

Solid door too, not a hollow core one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I have a question for the next Q&A.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could and would chuck wood?

And could the TFG create a woodchuck form that can chuck wood?

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

How many Immortals can dance on the head of a pin?

My guess would be all of them - and they might not even know most of the rest of them were there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

How many Immortals can dance on the head of a pin?

Before we can answer the specific modifier of your question, that is, "On the head of a pin", we must first ask ourselves, How many immortals can dance?

So far, we have not been offered evidence that anyone in the present generation of Immortals has a reason to wear Terpsichore's shoes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Before we can answer the specific modifier of your question, that is, "On the head of a pin", we must first ask ourselves, How many immortals can dance?

It is possible Zeus is a good dancer. At least he seems very eager to go to parties, so maybe he likes to dance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all do understand that "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" has only 2 answers, neither one of which requires any information about the size of an angel's foot or how big the pin was.

  1. None, i.e. the angels have a solid form.
  2. All of them. i.e. angels did not have a solid form.

I suspect the same sort of logic, if you will, would apply to immortals/faeries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

How many Immortals can dance on the head of a pin?

 

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Y'all do understand that "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" has only 2 answers, neither one of which requires any information about the size of an angel's foot or how big the pin was.

  1. None, i.e. the angels have a solid form.
  2. All of them. i.e. angels did not have a solid form.

I suspect the same sort of logic, if you will, would apply to immortals/faeries.

 

Immortals can shapeshift, including changing their size. My guess will be potentially all of them depending on how small they can get.

Edit: Here's another good one. How many people with the Magic Weapon summoning affinity are descended from Pandora, Blaike and Adrian?

Edited by partner555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, partner555 said:

Immortals can shapeshift, including changing their size. My guess will be potentially all of them depending on how small they can get.

You miss the point, so to speak.  "All of them" isn't about being small, it's about be non-material.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Y'all do understand that "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" has only 2 answers, neither one of which requires any information about the size of an angel's foot or how big the pin was.

I guess that means I was way off base when I offered, "Eight if they are skinny, four if they are fat." *scratches head*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, partner555 said:

Edit: Here's another good one. How many people with the Magic Weapon summoning affinity are descended from Pandora, Blaike and Adrian?

Pandora is likely not the only source of magic weapon summoning affinities. And that's including the possibility of one of her previous lives having children as well. Although it wouldn't be surprising if one of her previous lives kickstarted Nanase's and Tedd's ancestry of monster hunters.

Though as a related question, could an Immortal's affinity change with each reset?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have long suspected that the children of Immortals (for example, Adrian) reach adult hood and then stop aging until their immortal parent resets.

I am looking forward to see if this pet theory is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now that the actual game is over...

  • What are the 6 cards that weren't played (not counting the other Reset and Swap that never got played, of course), and what were their effects?
  • What are the full effects of the cards that were played, but the effects of which just never came up?
    • Fox, Bunny, Tall, Sensei, Nurse, Police, Cheetah, Poodle, Shrink, and Lifeguard haven't had their effects shown or stated at all.
    • What cards have the Cat or Dog animal modifiers?
    • What cards have the Big or Small size modifiers?
    • What cards have Attract or Repel modifiers?
    • What cards could make use of those shortcuts that never came up?
  • Clarification on card effects that were stated in commentary but not in a completely clear way:
    • The commentary describing Squirrel implies it can move backwards as well. Is this true, or is it forwards only?
    • Some more clarity on Saint Bernard's ability to remove 1-Types that share a space with it.

Pretty much I wanna know more about this Goomanji game that we don't already know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Zorua said:

The commentary describing Squirrel implies it can move backwards as well. Is this true, or is it forwards only?

The commentary stated the player could add (or subtract) 1 to their roll. Susan had used it to turn her roll of 3 into 4 so that she could get to that 3 space, if she rolled a 5 instead though she could have still turned it into a 4 to get that 3 space. That's why Susan said that the Squirrel+Ditzy combo was powerful, because she could not only get the best spaces for her rolls, but can use whatever cards she has to buy/steal them. The combo was bound to be short lived anyway that early in the game since the only way she could really keep it long would be if she rolled doubles or stole spaces, which would allow her to transform other players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:43 AM, Scotty said:
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:16 AM, Zorua said:

The commentary describing Squirrel implies it can move backwards as well. Is this true, or is it forwards only?

The commentary stated the player could add (or subtract) 1 to their roll. Susan had used it to turn her roll of 3 into 4 so that she could get to that 3 space, if she rolled a 5 instead though she could have still turned it into a 4 to get that 3 space. That's why Susan said that the Squirrel+Ditzy combo was powerful, because she could not only get the best spaces for her rolls, but can use whatever cards she has to buy/steal them. The combo was bound to be short lived anyway that early in the game since the only way she could really keep it long would be if she rolled doubles or stole spaces, which would allow her to transform other players.

I wonder if it would be possible to effectively roll a 0 with Squirrel+Kid. I think it would be, though I'm not sure how often that would be helpful(Maybe if someone had just stolen the space you're on or something). I'm just amused at the idea of rolling zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I wonder if it would be possible to effectively roll a 0 with Squirrel+Kid. I think it would be, though I'm not sure how often that would be helpful(Maybe if someone had just stolen the space you're on or something). I'm just amused at the idea of rolling zero.

Both squirrel and kid are forms, right?  Wouldn't  one cancel or replace the other?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vorlonagent said:
14 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

I wonder if it would be possible to effectively roll a 0 with Squirrel+Kid. I think it would be, though I'm not sure how often that would be helpful(Maybe if someone had just stolen the space you're on or something). I'm just amused at the idea of rolling zero.

Both squirrel and kid are forms, right?  Wouldn't  one cancel or replace the other?

No. The Squirrel card is a 1-type animal card, while kid is a 2-type physical-Clothing card (I checked the How to Play: Goonmanji thread before posting), so a player could have both forms at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drasvin said:

No. The Squirrel card is a 1-type animal card, while kid is a 2-type physical-Clothing card (I checked the How to Play: Goonmanji thread before posting), so a player could have both forms at the same time.

That's the sort of thing that would come out in playtest...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now