• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Tom Sewell

Which Moper Are You?

Inspired by the classic personality test Which Stooge Are You? I decided I'd see if anyone else would like to continue the thread. "Moper" can refer to any named character in canon EGS. Or maybe out of canon but named. Maybe Dr. Germann and his Witches Three count; Hanma counts even if what she's been doing in Goonmanji 2 isn't canon. Phill counts. Okay, maybe I'll take Some Other Guy or Screaming Girl at Moperville North. But I'll be disappointed if you don't show any effort and there will be no cookies for you for a while. 

But there's only three stooges, right? Well, actually, no. At minimum in there are four full stooges: Larry, Moe, Shemp, and Curly. Larry is the only one who isn't from the same family. The act started out as Ted Healy and his Stooges. Then Moe got fed up with Ted Healy and got Larry and Shemp quit with him. Moe took on Healy's role in managing the act and remained manager for the rest of his life. Shemp left the act and made a name for himself as a comic actor in the Joe Palooka series and in  a number of full-length features. Jerome,  the fourth Horwitz brother, took over as third stooge Curly. He had heart trouble later and had to stop working, and Shemp came back. Curly recovered enough so he worked with his brothers in one short, but not as Curly.

Meanwhile, Ted Healy got three more stooges and they made some shorts. At least one other performer who was neither Ted Healy nor Moe Howard had is supposed to have two stooges, but I can't confirm it.

So there are definitely four canonical Stooges, all conforming with Adam Sandler's Saturday Night Live pronouncement that "All the stooges were Jews."

Shemp died in 1955, and Curly had died in almost three years earlier. Joe Besser became the third stooge for the rest of the all-new production Columbia Screen Gems Stooge shorts, leaving the act after Columbia shut down all short production.

Last but not least third Stooge was Joe Besser, or Curly Joe. He was in all the Three Stooges movies, live shows, the lot until Larry had a severe stroke in 1970.

Further Stoogeptology will come only on request. If anyone posts which Moper they are on this topic, I'll tell you the name of a short that's in the public domain, has Moe, Larry, and Shemp, and an actor who worked with all six Three Stooges and was close to becoming an official 7th.

I am most like Tensaided: Uber-geek, otaku, wargamer, roleplayer, rules lawyer, prone to invite myself into discussions, immune to blank stares as I drone on and on and on and on...

Often in my work, I feel like Mat Cohen at the Uniform Assembly.

Supposedly in a position of authority, I am actually just a mouthpiece for a higher authority.  And whether or not I agree with, or even understand, the decisions of the higher authority is utterly irrelevant.

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think my avatar indicates which Moper I most closely identify with.

My avatar sort of is.  I connect most strongly with Elliot, but male-Elliot.  Female-Elliot. even when when the form isn't a decoy form has a distinctly different mindset.

It's not a perfect match, but I definitely identify with Tedd the most. Shy and withdrawn as a child, teased in school, entertainment interests that could have gotten me labeled a nerd, gender-fluid... I haven't done anything useful with it, but I even have a bit of an interest in programming. (Also, our interests are a little different and I'm less open about it, but if Tedd counts as a Pervert With Principles, I do too.)

Probably the biggest difference between us (besides the fact that I never found my "Grace") is that I never went through a "comically obnoxious" phase.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Probably the biggest difference between us (besides the fact that I never found my "Grace") is that I never went through a "comically obnoxious" phase.

I didn't go through a comically obnoxious phase.

I'm still not finished.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(besides the fact that I never found my "Grace")

That may happen yet. Patience. I was well past thirty by the time I finally met my wife-to-be, a magnificent and brilliant woman who continues to inspire me every day of my life. A word of advice: once you find that one, tell them. It will be worth it.

2 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

I didn't go through a comically obnoxious phase.

I'm still not finished.

Pffft. Comedy is all well and good but it is not the be all end all. Obnoxiousness is. :demonicduck:

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Pffft. Comedy is all well and good but it is not the be all end all. Obnoxiousness is. :demonicduck:

But...you have that perfected.  What is there left for the rest of us?