• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

On a totally unrelated note,, World cup talk reminded me of World of Warships' Kings of the Sea VI tournament.  WoWS has no pretenses to be an e-sport, but they were enjoyable to watch. 

The current match was Russian server vs EU server.  The Russian Server finals were great, pitting Smile Gaming against their stablemates, Smile Saber.  While Smile Gaming swept 3 games  to 0, each game was down to the wire.  Smile Saber went on to demolish the EU runner-up OM to take 3rd place while EU winner RAIN handily beat Smile Gaming 3-1.

I'd include video links but the semi-finals are in an 8-hour long youtube video and the finals are in a 4-hour long one.  That's a lot to push through.

On 6/14/2018 at 11:55 AM, The Old Hack said:

I just don't get why people make DDoS attacks. They get to be huge dicks to people they don't even know. End of story. What an accomplishment.

Ah, but bullying people you don't know and can't even see the faces of means you hardly have to put any effort at all into dehumanizing them! Plus, to someone who feels the need to assert their dominance over others, being able to affect hundreds or thousands of people at once must be quite a rush.

13 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Ah, but bullying people you don't know and can't even see the faces of means you hardly have to put any effort at all into dehumanizing them! Plus, to someone who feels the need to assert their dominance over others, being able to affect hundreds or thousands of people at once must be quite a rush.

Obviously. I still don't get it. It must be a flaw in my personality.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:04 AM, The Old Hack said:

Obviously. I still don't get it. It must be a flaw in my personality.

When I was a child, I had a hard time understanding what other people were thinking and feeling, and went out of my way to correct this by consciously thinking about how other people think and what it would be like to be in their shoes. I still have a bit of trouble figuring out what to expect from people I just met, but with enough information I can usually put together in my head an approximation of just about anyone else's mind that at least makes sense to me (whether it's truly accurate is something I can't really know) - and I can even do it with people I really dislike or whose views I strongly disagree with.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

When I was a child, I had a hard time understanding what other people were thinking and feeling, and went out of my way to correct this by consciously thinking about how other people think and what it would be like to be in their shoes. I still have a bit of trouble figuring out what to expect from people I just met, but with enough information I can usually put together in my head an approximation of just about anyone else's mind that at least makes sense to me (whether it's truly accurate is something I can't really know) - and I can even do it with people I really dislike or whose views I strongly disagree with.

Sometimes I can do that. Not always. And I just can't manage to do it with this sort of sabotage.

Youtube video series by old returning Eve players who don't know current Eve data are extremely irritating.