• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday 9, March 2018

I wasn't actually expecting them to notice that; I had anticipated completely by-surprise shenanigans. I suppose it makes sense for Magus to be able to sense it, however.

20 minutes ago, partner555 said:

The anticipation, it's killing me!

Let's hope that almost* no one in the were house actually dies.

*I won't be too upset if Sirleck happens to die AFTER leaving Ellen but before it can latch on to anyone else.

Transforming people into puppies is Ashley's happy fantasy?  Are we going to allow her access to Tedd?  This girl could be far too dangerous.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Spelling

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

I wonder if one of those artifacts can mark or awaken sleepers and dreamers, like, for instance, Ashley.

If they can grant marks, then I'd be very worried about the spell she gets since it uses one of the old systems and Magic said transformation spells from those systems are not safe.

Past me was smart.

He kept the boxes simple, and it made sense! The facility is underfunded! They can't afford actual crate! They have to make do with nondescript cubes!

I always assumed they were cardboard. (You'd be surprised at some of the tricks available manufacturing corrugated cardboard boxes for heavier-duty applications.)

Well, Magus suspects that the useless artifacts may not be so useless after all, Sirleck doesn't believe any of it though. This should prove interesting if Magus is aware of Sirleck's plan.

Also, back at the start of the "Elliot and Ellen" chapter, Dan mentioned there was a reason why he chose that title:

EDIT - I have decided to call it "Elliot and Ellen" for reasons that will be apparent later.

That reason obviously being that this chapter is called "Elliots and Ellens". If Sirleck doesn't accidentally touch the diamond, I wonder if Magus will force him to by grabbing Ellen's hand and making her touch it, would having them touch the diamond simultaneously work?

Also Ashley could somehow make Ellen touch the diamond as well, I could see her being all "My boyfriend's sister was made by that thing, and she's currently being held hostage by some other being, maybe her touching it would free her?". Of course she'd have to get a hold of herself first since she's kinda still in panic mode at the moment.

All those detailed crates may have been a lot of hard work for Dan, but the results look great.

The fact that there would be active artifacts from previous magic systems in the facility has been discussed on the forum already, but now it's even mentioned in the comic itself! (By the way, did anyone predict that every artifact in the facility wold be active?) This smells like foreshadowing. Before I wasn't so sure any of the artifacts would come into play in this story, but now I'd almost be surprised if none did!

1 hour ago, showler said:

What's Sirleck looking at in panel four?

My assumption would be the floor, out of boredom/impatience. Like staring into space, only downward.

7 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

All those detailed crates may have been a lot of hard work for Dan, but the results look great.

The fact that there would be active artifacts from previous magic systems in the facility has been discussed on the forum already, but now it's even mentioned in the comic itself! (By the way, did anyone predict that every artifact in the facility wold be active?) This smells like foreshadowing. Before I wasn't so sure any of the artifacts would come into play in this story, but now I'd almost be surprised if none did!

My assumption would be the floor, out of boredom/impatience. Like staring into space, only downward.

Maybe Sirleck is looking at the label on one of the boxes.

Speaking of opening random boxes...

18 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Yeah, I did not suspect that everything in the easily entered warehouse would be an active artifact.  Wow.

3 hours ago, Haylo said:

With a whole warehouse full of "much more active than anyone expected", the "one or two tempting powerful objects" option is right out. Who wants to guess how many incidents? I call three.

Three incidents just tonight or before DGB can realize what they have on their hands?  I suppose it's a foregone conclusion that at least one artifact will come into play, Chekhov's Warehouse and all, but perhaps we can speculate who might be the one to activate one, and yes, how many get used.  I think anything more than one artifact used tonight means major fireworks (Hand of Vecna, hah, I have the Wand of Orcus!).

Actually, I wonder if Arthur will realize upon returning from speaking with WoM that his warehouse of mostly useless items is a treasure trove of active ancient arcane artifacts.  We might see some MiBs show up very soon.

34 minutes ago, Tuscahoma said:

Actually, I wonder if Arthur will realize upon returning from speaking with WoM that his warehouse of mostly useless items is a treasure trove of active ancient arcane artifacts.  We might see some MiBs show up very soon.

Mage vs Mage combat in a warehouse full of touchy artifacts.  That can't be a good thing.

Sirleck seems to be getting impatient, which means that he's going to cause the group to bumble into a bigger mess than what they already have.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

(By the way, did anyone predict that every artifact in the facility wold be active?)

I did. I thought it was obvious, actually.

4 hours ago, showler said:

What's Sirleck looking at in panel four?

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I think he's looking at Ellen's breasts, which he didn't expect to encounter when he folded her arms....

58 minutes ago, Circe said:

I think he's looking at Ellen's breasts, which he didn't expect to encounter when he folded her arms....

The thought that he was admiring her breasts occurred to me, but I figured if he wanted to do that he had plenty of opportunity earlier, and now wasn't really the best time. However him being surprised by them after crossing her arms does make sense, and fits well with the timing and their expression.

2 hours ago, Circe said:

Lol. I had the same thought.

54 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

The thought that he was admiring her breasts occurred to me, but I figured if he wanted to do that he had plenty of opportunity earlier, and now wasn't really the best time. However him being surprised by them after crossing her arms does make sense, and fits well with the timing and their expression.

Actually, since Sirleck is planning to abandon Ellen as soon as Magus gets his own body, Sirleck thinks he  doesn't have much more time to look down at his own boobs. You may owe Circe a cookie.

53 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Dan hasn't just put a gun on the mantle.  He's put a BFG on the mantle.

And that's not a reference to Ellen.  :)

No, it's a reference to Doom. Also a naughty anagram, like MILF before it became milf, SNAFU before it became snafu, FUBAR... I think all of you can guess what the friggin Fs stand for if you don't already know.