• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Friday Mar 9, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=742

Yay for double-starburst background in panel one!

Wow, Susan's chances of winning were pretty low prior to this turn, and they just dropped a whole lot lower. Even if she got threes both times it would take her two more turns; what are the chances that all three of the others will go through two rounds without gaining any more points (or two more points in Ashley's case)? ...In light of that I'm actually a little surprised Susan didn't choose to undo the transformation and get back to her normal form early.

17 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Wow, Susan's chances of winning were pretty low prior to this turn, and they just dropped a whole lot lower.

Yes., unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

In light of that I'm actually a little surprised Susan didn't choose to undo the transformation and get back to her normal form early.

I don't think she would give up prematurely even normally.

With Energizer and Honey Badger? No way. Not speaking about the fact that Energizer is mind-bending transformation Susan is probably OK with ...

18 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

...In light of that I'm actually a little surprised Susan didn't choose to undo the transformation and get back to her normal form early.

She's having fun. Quoth Ashley, I don't think she does that much...

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think she would give up prematurely even normally.

With Energizer and Honey Badger? No way. Not speaking about the fact that Energizer is mind-bending transformation Susan is probably OK with ...

The Honey Badger part of the form is probably the least useful since there are currently no attract/repel effects in play, but Energized and Magician are very useful to Susan since they give her extra cards at the beginning of her turn (which is interesting that she is shown holding 3 cards there) and gives her a defense against people stealing her spaces (which all 3 other players are in range of). So yeah there's no real need or desire to remove beneficial forms.

Anyway, Ashley's up next, she can roll an 8 and land on one of Susan's spaces, and we may get to see Susan's Magician ability in action. A 3, 5 or 11 will land her a 1 space that she can take and make it a 3 way tie. 9 will let her steal a 1 space from Catalina. 4, 10 or 12 will let her steal a 2 space from Catalina or Rhoda and win the game (if she has the right cards). Dan's suggesting that the game will be over soon, so it's possible that Ashley could be the winner? Guess we'll find out Monday.

I think it would really be better if the players could choose the direction of their move after rolling the dice.

That would allow for more strategic thinking and the various attraction / repellant effects would be more relevant.

7 hours ago, detrius said:

I think it would really be better if the players could choose the direction of their move after rolling the dice.

That would allow for more strategic thinking and the various attraction / repellant effects would be more relevant.

That's a great idea!  You should suggest it to Dan on Twitter/Instagram/email.

ETA: Perhaps the players could also have the option to stick to the outside or turn onto one of the "tunnel" paths while in animal form anywhere along their route, instead of having to land on one end to use them. That would make the animal forms more relevant to gameplay, too!

50 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

That's a great idea!  You should suggest it to Dan on Twitter/Instagram/email.

ETA: Perhaps the players could also have the option to stick to the outside or turn onto one of the "tunnel" paths while in animal form anywhere along their route, instead of having to land on one end to use them. That would make the animal forms more relevant to gameplay, too!

I think allowing someone to choose their direction (barring any repel/attract effect) would result in people "circling" around specific spots on the board, like "I want that 3 space, I need a 4 but rolled a 10, maybe I'll roll a 6 next time and go back for it....oops rolled an 8, lets hope for a 2 next time?"

Disappointed, but somewhat not surprised.

Catalina, I believe, has a better chance to win now, next to Ashley and Rhoda. Why? What lies ahead, and math. Ish. But since Ashley is next, she better take the cake.

9 hours ago, detrius said:

No Attract, no dice (I mean it). Plus, game standards (or is it just a social construct?)

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Susan enjoys her current transformation.

Supervillain Susan is that much closer to reality.

As mentioned in the Patreon commentary, there are a few things she's not so happy about with the transformation, such as the lack of pants.

...Which leads to me picturing  Honey Badger Magician Susan as Braniac from that old Cartoon Network spot. "All I want is a decent pair of pants!"