• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Servant of Tara Gilesbie

Story, Monday March 12, 2018

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

What better car to end up being a monster than an AMC Gremlin. ;)

I know, I borrowed a friend's Gremlin way back in the Seventies. It was a sawed-off Hornet that got terrible mileage and had terrible handling. However, I don't think Gremlins were particularly prone to bursting into flames, or coming already rusted new and having aluminum-block engines that overheated and warped.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Or a Ford Prefect?

No, he was kidnapped along with Arthur Dent by the Vogons.

24 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

How did I forget Cheerleadra?! I was just looking at a comic with her earlier! Still, as you say it would be awkward for her to hold both Ellen and Ashley at once - particularly as if what happened to Francine the Janitor, Ellen's going to be out of it for a while after Sirleck abandons her.

That may not be a problem. One of the ways to get the necessary two Elliots and two Ellens would be for the Dewitchery Diamond to create more than one new body since there is arguably one more "curse" involved. A new Ellen could result as well as a new body for magus. Maybe their powers would be mixed up, too. Counting Magus in his new body as a second Elliot (Magus told Ashley he was his universe's version of  Elliot), the second Ellen could be more or less identical to the first, or with Magus' memories as well as Elliot's pre-Ellen Prime memories. Or some other variation. There might be more than one Cheerleadra after the big split, and Ellen Mark Two won't be knocked out.

Of course, of course video of the two Cheerleadras flying together will find their way onto the web, and there goes Elliot's alibi...

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

That may not be a problem. One of the ways to get the necessary two Elliots and two Ellens would be for the Dewitchery Diamond to create more than one new body since there is arguably one more "curse" involved. A new Ellen could result as well as a new body for magus. Maybe their powers would be mixed up, too. Counting Magus in his new body as a second Elliot (Magus told Ashley he was his universe's version of  Elliot), the second Ellen could be more or less identical to the first, or with Magus' memories as well as Elliot's pre-Ellen Prime memories. Or some other variation. There might be more than one Cheerleadra after the big split, and Ellen Mark Two won't be knocked out.

I don't think the Diamond will create more that one body on one touch. On the other hand, there is still option for the hot potato scenario - I mean, Elliot might transform for fight, then touch the diamond. Wait. Elliot would transform in cheerleadra in such case, not into Ellen ... hmmm ... what about Dewitchery Diamond splitting Magus and Elliot in FV5 form (still transformed by Ellen), THEN Elliot touches it again? THAT would be second Ellen. ... ok, doesn't make much sense ... on the other hand, it's true that we don't know what the diamond does with two enchantments.

... assuming it IS two enchantments. Maybe Elliot counts as being under just one enchantment. Magus WAS worried about Ashley, so he might make sure about that.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

New theory -- Ashley will be the second Ellen.  One or more of the artifacts will be involved in transforming her.

Not sure if Ashley getting transformed by some artifact is new. If it is, we really overlooked the obvious.

However, Ashley somehow counting as second Ellen would definitely be new theory.

So on twitter, Dan said:

So my new speculation for why the lights are on and the parking lot is empty is that the Security Guard went on a snack run. (Or as Josh Scott said on twitter, he went on his lunch break.)

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

New theory -- Ashley will be the second Ellen.  One or more of the artifacts will be involved in transforming her.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure if Ashley getting transformed by some artifact is new. If it is, we really overlooked the obvious.

I know I thought about Ashely being transformed, but I don't remember reading anyone mentioning it. (I didn't think of her becoming a copy of Ellen, though.)

I was actually about to mention my idea that Ashley will be transformed into either a cat girl or a monkey-girl, and the form will become permanent, leading to her following the original plan for Sarah of having a tail thanks to a transformation mishap.

Thanks to Critter Keeper's theory, I have another idea: Ashely is transformed (possibly into one of my above ideas, possibly something else), then winds up accidentally touching the Diamond. We'll then have another "Ellen" in the sense that we'll have another duplicate who has a copy of the mind of their original.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

So my new speculation for why the lights are on and the parking lot is empty is that the Security Guard went on a snack run. (Or as Josh Scott said on twitter, he went on his lunch break.)

The simplest explanation for the empty parking lot is that it's always empty, or always empty at night. It's supposed to look easy to get into. There isn't a fence between Magus and the warehouse when he peers at it from behind what looks like another building, or maybe a big sign.

BTW, it's never been stated that either Magus or Sirleck have ever been to the place before. Magus mentioned the unlocked window on the first floor in back they always leave open, but he didn't say he's used it. Magus didn't have to be in the Warehouse when the guard was bribed or when Elliot touched the Dewitchery Diamond. Sirleck could have bribed the guard without coming to the site, and received information from the guard before making full payment on the bribe. 

Magus could have visited the site at any time, of course, since he was invisible until tonight, thoroughly scouted it, and even seen the trap working. The same applies to Pandora, who gave Magus the whole idea. And if the parking lot was always or nearly always empty, Magus wouldn't have seen anything unusual tonight. But Ashley has never been to this place before.

5 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The simplest explanation for the empty parking lot is that it's always empty, or always empty at night. It's supposed to look easy to get into. There isn't a fence between Magus and the warehouse when he peers at it from behind what looks like another building, or maybe a big sign.

46 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

I went back through Sister to see if Dan ever showed the parking lot so we know what a "normal" night was like.  Dan didn't.

However, the second floor was pretty well lit, so that might not be as unusual as Ashley thinks.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

However, the second floor was pretty well lit, so that might not be as unusual as Ashley thinks.

The second floor being lit and the diamond being out in the open might have been because Sirleck bribed the guard into not only letting Tedd and Elliot into the facility, but made it easy to find what they were looking for.

The question is, would Sirleck be able to bribe the guard a second time?

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

BTW, it's never been stated that either Magus or Sirleck have ever been to the place before. Magus mentioned the unlocked window on the first floor in back they always leave open, but he didn't say he's used it. Magus didn't have to be in the Warehouse when the guard was bribed or when Elliot touched the Dewitchery Diamond. Sirleck could have bribed the guard without coming to the site, and received information from the guard before making full payment on the bribe. 

Magus could have visited the site at any time, of course, since he was invisible until tonight, thoroughly scouted it, and even seen the trap working. The same applies to Pandora, who gave Magus the whole idea. And if the parking lot was always or nearly always empty, Magus wouldn't have seen anything unusual tonight. But Ashley has never been to this place before.

Also note that Magus likely now can remember Elliot being there from Elliot ... and, actually, Sirleck from Ellen.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

The question is, would Sirleck be able to bribe the guard a second time?

Maybe he would, but he didn't. He directly said this isn't like when I bribed that guard ... that clearly implies he didn't bribed him this time.

Anyone remember that it was Grace who told Tedd and Elliot how to get into the PTTAPUTASF? I really didn't until I looked it up again. That sort of implies that Grace was involved in Pandora's, Magus', and Sirleck's schemes. And maybe even Tedd's dad had a plan of his own here. Who do you think was in overall charge of the PTTAPUTASF mousetrap then? I can think of several reasons Edward would go along with this:

• Edward was laying a trap to catch Sirleck, or rather Sirleck's rich old host, as a major figure in the black market for enchanted items.
  • Edward was playing matchmaker, realizing that the reason that his niece's relationship with Elliot failed because Elliot isn't a woman.
  • Edward wanted to teach Tedd a lesson in resposibility for misusing his magical technology.

17 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Anyone remember that it was Grace who told Tedd and Elliot how to get into the PTTAPUTASF? I really didn't until I looked it up again. That sort of implies that Grace was involved in Pandora's, Magus', and Sirleck's schemes. And maybe even Tedd's dad had a plan of his own here. Who do you think was in overall charge of the PTTAPUTASF mousetrap then? I can think of several reasons Edward would go along with this:

• Edward was laying a trap to catch Sirleck, or rather Sirleck's rich old host, as a major figure in the black market for enchanted items.
  • Edward was playing matchmaker, realizing that the reason that his niece's relationship with Elliot failed because Elliot isn't a woman.
  • Edward wanted to teach Tedd a lesson in resposibility for misusing his magical technology.

Magus admitted to influencing Grace into searching for info about the diamond. So Grace was just as much an unknowing pawn in the place as Tedd was in originally zapping Elliot.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:
51 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Magus admitted to influencing Grace into searching for info about the diamond. So Grace was just as much an unknowing pawn in the place as Tedd was in originally zapping Elliot.

He didn't admitted to it specifically, but yes it seems likely. Anyway, Grace was only able to tell Tedd and Elliot because she READ that info when already looking for solution. And Edward?

• If he would be willing to risk his own son in plan to catch Sirleck, he would planned it REALLY well ... and Sirleck would be caught.
  • He probably doesn't really care about his niece's relationships.
  • ... if THAT was plan, it backfired almost as much as Pandora's plan to give HER son opportunity to fight.

No, Edward wasn't involved at all (and was surprised by it so much he broke a pencil) and Grace was just pawn.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

He didn't admitted to it specifically, but yes it seems likely. Anyway, Grace was only able to tell Tedd and Elliot because she READ that info when already looking for solution.

Do we know that she herself chose to search for a way for Elliot to change back sooner? Or could Magus have given her the desire to help Elliot?

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yes indeed. Dan goes  on (and on) in his own commentary to say he didn't have Magus' role in creating Ellen planned out back in 2002, but he's making it canon now. Also, in the last panel of this comic, we have an indication that Ellen has real awareness of what's going on and has been following the conversation. This might even indicate that instead of blacking out like Francine the janitor, Ellen will be fully aware the instant Magus releases her, something Magus probably doesn't think will happen.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

This might even indicate that instead of blacking out like Francine the janitor, Ellen will be fully aware the instant Magus releases her, something Magus probably doesn't think will happen.

You mean Sirleck, right? He's the one currently possessing Ellen.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

He didn't admitted to it specifically, but yes it seems likely. Anyway, Grace was only able to tell Tedd and Elliot because she READ that info when already looking for solution.

Do we know that she herself chose to search for a way for Elliot to change back sooner? Or could Magus have given her the desire to help Elliot?

He couldn't GIVE her that desire as that's not how his powers work. He could've amplified it.

19 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, in the last panel of this comic, we have an indication that Ellen has real awareness of what's going on and has been following the conversation.

... which comic? Ellen is not present in last panel of comics from march 12th, which is what this thread is for.

18 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

He couldn't GIVE her that desire as that's not how his powers work. He could've amplified it.

Knowing Grace, of course she might have felt the need to help, even just a little bit, but it could have easily been Magus amplifying that need that made her think to actually look for something.

21 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... which comic? Ellen is not present in last panel of comics from march 12th, which is what this thread is for.

Tom's referring to the comic where Sirleck feels Ellen's pulse elevated after Magus revealed that he was the reason she exists. It suggests that Ellen is still somehow aware of everything.

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:
41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Tom's referring to the comic where Sirleck feels Ellen's pulse elevated after Magus revealed that he was the reason she exists. It suggests that Ellen is still somehow aware of everything.

Oh. That one yes. Still doesn't mean Ellen won't be blacking out ... on the other hand, we are getting close to point where this either causes something or turn into red herring.

23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also note that Magus likely now can remember Elliot being there from Elliot ... and, actually, Sirleck from Ellen.

Has there been anything to indicate either of them have access to any of the memories of their hosts? I've been assuming that they don't.

3 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Has there been anything to indicate either of them have access to any of the memories of their hosts? I've been assuming that they don't.

Sirleck being able to convince Nanase implies use of Ellen's memories, especially the part about knowing that Elliot would feel guilty about taking the car.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
On 3/14/2018 at 0:09 AM, hkmaly said:

Sirleck is definitely using Ellen's muscle memory.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sirleck being able to convince Nanase implies use of Ellen's memories, especially the part about knowing that Elliot would feel guilty about taking the car.

That is a good point; the whole conversation implies a lot of knowledge of Ellen's life. Of course, Magus has been following her and Elliot around for quite a while; he could have passed on the info to Sirleck, or maybe even came up with a script for him.

38 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

True, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has access to her conscious memories.

At any rate if Sirleck does have access to all of Ellen's memories, that makes his possession of her even more creepy. Strategically speaking it also makes it rather important that he's killed off quickly, as in this case he knows far too much about the Main Eight - not to mention all the government secrets Mr. Verres is counting on the Eight to keep quiet about. (There's also the emotional impact it could have on Ellen to know that her violator is still out there, but that will be an issue even if he doesn't have access to her memories.)

...So, we've determined Sirleck might have access to Ellen's memories. But does Magus have access to Elliot's memories?

22 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
23 hours ago, hkmaly said:

True, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has access to her conscious memories.

At any rate if Sirleck does have access to all of Ellen's memories, that makes his possession of her even more creepy. Strategically speaking it also makes it rather important that he's killed off quickly, as in this case he knows far too much about the Main Eight - not to mention all the government secrets Mr. Verres is counting on the Eight to keep quiet about. (There's also the emotional impact it could have on Ellen to know that her violator is still out there, but that will be an issue even if he doesn't have access to her memories.)

Having access is not the same as knowing everything. He may not remember stuff he didn't though about looking inside those memories. However, information about the PTTAOLUTASF? That's something he WOULD look at.

On the other hand, just the possibility of him knowing some secret might make him target to DGB ... that "Ellen will be OK" protection against her powerful friends might not be enough ...

22 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...So, we've determined Sirleck might have access to Ellen's memories. But does Magus have access to Elliot's memories?

Hmmm ... it's true there was no proof of it yet, and Magus knows so much about Elliot from observing him it would be hard to notice it ...

So, there is just the indirect argument of no reason why he shouldn't, and that's pretty weak ...