• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Monday Mar 12 2018

This is incredibly upsetting to Ashley.

In a game of transformations, the most interesting thing to happen in three turns is someone becoming "Normal".

If this sort of think keeps up, Ashley may not purchase several copies from the Shop Monster and give them to all her friends and relatives as Christmas presents.

And if she isn't giving out revised editions of Goonmanji for Christmas, then what would she give....?

Unless...

Hanma, please fix this playtest quirk.  Or else we may have another serial Fruitcake distribution next December.

33 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hanma, please fix this playtest quirk.  Or else we may have another serial Fruitcake distribution next December.

Show me round your fruit cakes
'Cause I will be your honey bee
Open up your fruit cakes
Where the fruit is as sweet as can be...

I share your disappointment in Rhoda's de-transformation, Ashley, but look on the bright side, at least you're still shrunk. (Speaking of which, I love the shrunken POV shots.)

...So I guess Rhoda doesn't have three cards in her hand she can use together; if she did then the strategic thing would be to keep that form, as she'd be sure to land on a three spot she doesn't own next round.

And of course, I can't just ignore the backgrounds. Yay for starburst backgrounds in panels one and three!

Dunno if Dan's being silly though I did point it out to him on twitter, but he did already have a dude posing like Rhoda in the second panel: Justin

BONUS-245a.png

Incidentally, I do wonder what cards Ashley had that she couldn't buy that one space with, I guess they must have been all 1 types that were either clothing or physical and couldn't replace the shrink card, if she had an animal that should have worked. Rhoda landing on her own space wasn't completely unexpected, but the Kitty Pet form only being able to move 6 spaces was unknown before this.  Guess it's Catalina's chance to win this as long as she doesn't roll a 6 or 11 and she's got cards she can use.

Seems like in many circumstances, being a pet kitty on a three-space would be a fantastic advantage.  This is one of those rare times, however, when it may be superfluous, given that she only needs one point to win so she doesn't have to land on any particular space as long as she can claim it.

What are the odds Susan will roll five on her next turn, claim the three, and then everyone else will be delayed again to give her a chance to roll six and win?  ;-)

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

In a game of transformations, the most interesting thing to happen in three turns is someone becoming "Normal".

On the other hand, alternative was that Rhoda would win and fun would be over.

Also, well, if she would be paying attention, she would know in advance she wouldn't be able to take any space AND that Rhoda - oh, wait, the card text is as surprise for other players as for us, isn't it?

4 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

...So I guess Rhoda doesn't have three cards in her hand she can use together; if she did then the strategic thing would be to keep that form, as she'd be sure to land on a three spot she doesn't own next round.

Probably. That or she isn't thinking strategically. If that would be Ashley, the second option would be quite likely.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dunno if Dan's being silly though I did point it out to him on twitter, but he did already have a dude posing like Rhoda in the second panel: Justin

Possibly Dan forgot. Happens to all of us.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Incidentally, I do wonder what cards Ashley had that she couldn't buy that one space with, I guess they must have been all 1 types that were either clothing or physical and couldn't replace the shrink card, if she had an animal that should have worked.

Confirmed in comics, she has all physical cards - I suppose it wasn't there when you looked?

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Seems like in many circumstances, being a pet kitty on a three-space would be a fantastic advantage.  This is one of those rare times, however, when it may be superfluous, given that she only needs one point to win so she doesn't have to land on any particular space as long as she can claim it.

Not that much. You are unlikely to have usable cards to take a three space multiple times in row anyway.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

What are the odds Susan will roll five on her next turn, claim the three, and then everyone else will be delayed again to give her a chance to roll six and win?  ;-)

Well ... Susan rolling like that is 1/9 and 5/36, Ashley can't replace her cards so if she lands on another free space she's stuck and she can't take two-space BUT she can take Susans or Catalinas one-space (rolling 2, 4 or 10), but counting Rhoda and Catalina would be harder, we know little of what they can do.

And the game goes on. Neato.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Possibly Dan forgot. Happens to all of us.

Or an Easter Egg. Bunnies ARE nearby. Sneaky Dan.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Show me round your fruit cakes
'Cause I will be your honey bee
Open up your fruit cakes
Where the fruit is as sweet as can be...

I wanna be...

Ya know the rest. :demonicduck:

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Confirmed in comics, she has all physical cards - I suppose it wasn't there when you looked?

Ahh, I didn't see the Edit at the time.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Not that much. You are unlikely to have usable cards to take a three space multiple times in row anyway.

Rhoda would still be limited to the cards she has, if she's not using cards, then she's not replacing them with something that might get her that 3 space.