• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018

So much for my idea that the player with 8 points would need to keep them for a full round in order to win. I'm not too surprised, because that would be the sort of thing that should have been explained at the beginning of the game with the basic rules if it were the case.

I still think the last transformation in the game only lasting for a moment doesn't seem fair when all the other transformations lasted at least a turn. And judging by the commentary, it looks like Dan might feel the same way (or at least he implies that he doesn't think one panel is long enough). Hopefully he has a good solution up his sleeve.

My current speculation: All of the transformations in effect at the end of the game (besides the ones Catalina had before winning) will remain in effect for a preset amount of time (I'm leaning towards either one hour or one day) but Catalina's new scepter is a wand which she can use to undo any player's transformation early if she wants.

(Once again I shall decline to cheer for the starburst-and-smoke backgrounds because I now believe the transformations actually are accompanied by a flash of light and puffs of smoke.)

Now we get the Lifeguard.

The play testers never had a chance to use the river in the game.  And now that the game is over, we get the Lifeguard.

David Hasselhoff should sing a song about this, and make millions in Germany.

And with that, all 2-, 3-, and 0-type cards are known. This leaves only three 1-Type Animal cards, one 1-Type Physical card, and two 1-Type Clothing cards, or a total of six cards still unknown.

Takin' all bets!

Hmm, perhaps the winner gets to make whatever transformations they choose?  Most likely limited by what cards exist.  Less fun could be the chance to use any remaining unused cards.

8 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, perhaps the winner gets to make whatever transformations they choose?  Most likely limited by what cards exist.  Less fun could be the chance to use any remaining unused cards.

Or perhaps, maybe, the winner can make the transformations stay after the game... For the rest of that day, at most. After all, Susan helped make the game, so I can't see the transformations being long lasting ones...

Perhaps have each player get their choice of any cards they played which are still active, to use until those cards automatically cancel and return to the box at dawn? The winner would have the most cards to choose from by the way the score is determined (counting double cards twice, etc.)