• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday March 16, 2018

34 minutes ago, jmucchiello said:

So if old statue guy revives, who does he hunt?

He doesn't. He only rises to atone for his sins now. He's sinned against Ellen, Nanase, and Adrian Raven, and arguably against everyone who was at Moperville South. Now, fighting to save any of those is whole 'nother thing.

17 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I want him to take out a Gatling crossbow, yell "CONTACT!!!" and fill the air with bolts.

Filling the air with superpowered puppies?

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

Magus claims to be a wizard.  If he's a Wizard by EGS Prime standards, he will probably get Elliot's spells.  If Elliot has a buried Wizard affinity or picks it up from having been fused with Magus, he *could* get Magus' spell list, but I don't know what he gets just from exposure to the Jewel.  He got Awakened last time, so if he has a buried Wizard Affinity, the diamond would likely bring that out.

Edward's definition of a Wizard is a mage who can learn other mage's spells. The only Wizards that are confirmed canon so far are Adrian Raven, Edward Verres, Tedd and Van (Seers are a special type of Wizard),  Agent Wolf, and maybe Noriko because she's Tedd's and Van's mom. Susan might be a wizard; her fairy spell looks suspiciously like Nanase's. 

33 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Be funny if Magus had ended up female because Elliot definitely has both a masculine and feminine side. :)

The only Magus we've seen so far looks very male...so far.

1 hour ago, jmucchiello said:

So if old statue guy revives, who does he hunt?

Since the diamond is destroyed, then Abraham will have no need to atone for it's creation any longer. If he is nearby and gets involved, I'm hoping he helps remove Sirleck from Ellen. I imagine when he comes out of stone form he'll do the usual modern knowledge/garb thing and realize only months have passed, then he'll do whatever he did to discern who touched the diamond and realize that it was the same aura as the last time and really wonder what the heck is going on.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Since the diamond is destroyed, then Abraham will have no need to atone for it's creation any longer. If he is nearby and gets involved, I'm hoping he helps remove Sirleck from Ellen. I imagine when he comes out of stone form he'll do the usual modern knowledge/garb thing and realize only months have passed, then he'll do whatever he did to discern who touched the diamond and realize that it was the same aura as the last time and really wonder what the heck is going on.

Abraham in in a weird good news/bad news situation....

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Edward's definition of a Wizard is a mage who can learn other mage's spells. The only Wizards that are confirmed canon so far are Adrian Raven, Edward Verres, Tedd and Van (Seers are a special type of Wizard),  Agent Wolf, and maybe Noriko because she's Tedd's and Van's mom. Susan might be a wizard; her fairy spell looks suspiciously like Nanase's.

You forgot Arthur J Arthur. Also, I thought I remembered one of the Aberrations being a wizard, but I don't remember which one and I don't have time to look it up right now.

I see what was Magus's mistake which shattered the diamond: he used both hands. Elliot used just one previously. :)

17 hours ago, Douglas said:
17 hours ago, Aura Guardian said:

I'm fairly sure it's a new body, namely Magus's new body.

Yes, that's been obvious to me since the moment Magus convinced Sirleck to help. Right after stating that he needed to find a low-profile new host, Magus stated with considerable emphasis that Magus himself was the ultimate in "low-profile". Combine that with him being young and a powerful wizard, and that's pretty much the ultimate windfall for Sirleck. Raven might have been even better, with being an elf in addition to a powerful wizard, but he's very much not low-profile and taking him could be much trickier.

Raven would be definitely OPPOSITE of low-profile before Pandora's death, being someone who is likely to be visited by powerful immortal quick to anger. Even WITH Pandora being dead - or if you take into account Sirleck didn't known it was Pandora - Raven was known by lot of powerful people, including Edward and Noriko.

Also, yes, totally would expect Raven wouldn't let himself be taken.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

OMG I didn't even realize that, I mean I knew Sirleck had decided that Magus would be the perfect new host after what Magus said, but didn't think that Magus might have offered himself up intentionally knowing that Sirleck wouldn't be able to resist.

He MIGHT only phrase it bad without realizing it, but yes, maybe he's not that stupid and it was intentional ...

10 hours ago, Drasvin said:

At least it'll be easy to tell which one is Elliot and which one is Magus.

As if the hair color wouldn't be enough.

9 hours ago, Drasvin said:

While Magus might not mind having Elliot's abilities, Elliot having his could complicate things if Elliot gets angry

I think Magus's magic requires some concentration and experience to use, so no, Elliot would probably only learn to use it much later.

3 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Abraham is confirmed wizard (by Adrian) ; Noriko is definitely confirmed wizard (by Pandora) ; Susan is NOT a wizard ; her fairy is result of mixing Nanase's and her magic, similarly how Ellen copied Nanase's guardian form.

8 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

You forgot Arthur J Arthur.

... also that.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Abraham is confirmed wizard (by Adrian) ; Noriko is definitely confirmed wizard (by Pandora) ; Susan is NOT a wizard ; her fairy is result of mixing Nanase's and her magic, similarly how Ellen copied Nanase's guardian form.

I imagine Susan's "Chest of Interesting things I can summon" is starting to look like a toybox with all those fairydolls in it...

5 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
20 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I imagine Susan's "Chest of Interesting things I can summon" is starting to look like a toybox with all those fairydolls in it...

... which is perfect alibi. :)

15 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Or at least Magus hopes that his surprise doesn't work out like that potion he used in the match with Terra. I think the real danger to Sirleck will turn out to be that vision thing Elliot found in his spellbook but really didn't understand. Elliot refers to that spell in the conversation with Ellen in the comics immediately following that comic, specifically in this one, but doesn't say what the new spell does.

Hmm, perhaps one of the things that the vision-enhancing spell does is to allow Elliot to see Sirleck?

2 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Hmm, perhaps one of the things that the vision-enhancing spell does is to allow Elliot to see Sirleck?

A reasonable assumption, but not that helpful. Sirleck's real protection is hiding off the material plane while possessing a victim. What is really needed is both a way to see Sirleck and hurt him. Eye-lasers would be neat, but it could be as simple as allowing Elliot to hit or grab any part of Sirleck he can see.

If Dan wants to be really fancy, he can borrow a power I gave one of my OC Sailormoon characters. Kimi Moon can see just about anything with her magic third eye, share her vision with others, and allow others to channel their powers through her eye.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

If Dan wants to be really fancy, he can borrow a power I gave one of my OC Sailormoon characters. Kimi Moon can see just about anything with her magic third eye, share her vision with others, and allow others to channel their powers through her eye.

Ooo, that's creative. A power that interacts synergistically with others. I like that. :)

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
12 hours ago, ijuin said:

A reasonable assumption

... also already mentioned multiple times.

12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Then we have John Taylor, who has third eye talent to find things which somehow also include ability to exploit any found vulnerability (never explained exactly how).

If Elliot's current curse, as interpreted by the Diamond, is being possessed by Magus, then - the unmodified effect - of touching the Diamond would be:

1) A copy of Elliot that
1a) is permanently possessed by Magus,
1b) and can cause other people to be possessed by Magus

AND

2) A copy of Elliot that is can turn "I am possessed by Magus" on and off at will.

I can't see why either Elliot or Magus would consider #1b or #2 desirable.

For that matter, #1a doesn't seem particularly good from Magus' perspective. He doesn't want to possess someone else, he wants his own body. He wants just a copy of Elliot's body, not a complete copy of Elliot's body mind and soul.

But Magus said he intends to modify the effect of the Diamond - possibly shattering the object in the process. And he is a reasonably powerful (and at least somewhat educated) magic-user, in his own world. Perhaps he succeeds in producing different effects.

----

As for the comment of Susan's fairydoll spell looking a lot like Nanase's: that's because Nanase made all the inanimate fairydolls that Susan put in her marked box and summons magical copies of.