• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ChronosCat

NP Friday Mar 16, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp.php?id=745

So much for my idea they'd all keep their forms. At least this implies the final form will last more than a few moments - but how long? I'm still thinking somewhere between an hour and a day.

As for the crown and scepter, my current best guess is (as others have suggested) that they allows Catalina to change the others (and maybe herself) to different forms from the game (perhaps as a precaution in case the winner wasn't happy with having the final form applied to all).

And Dan's made coloured versions of this page:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/goonmanji-2-98-17613895

I'm not sure about the other 4 versions though, I mean the pink haired one is nice but the overall colour is desaturated, and it looks strange especially with Susan.

Edit: just realized that the patreon post was still locked to the public and that I probably shouldn't have pasted the image, the link itself should be ok though since people that don't have pledges should get redirected right?

I'll probably relink the image later.

Edit2:and apparently my eyes are playing tricks on me, I opened up the main image and a couple variants and did a pageflip comparison, and the only colours that actually change are the swimsuits, lipstick(original is red, variants are lighter red) and hair(the only one that's different is the pink) so it would seem that the bright red swimsuits made everything else seem brighter.

Fitting, sure. But what now? Next round, hopefully, and? The implications are endless and daunting.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Edit2:and apparently my eyes are playing tricks on me, I opened up the main image and a couple variants and did a pageflip comparison, and the only colours that actually change are the swimsuits, lipstick(original is red, variants are lighter red) and hair(the only one that's different is the pink) so it would seem that the bright red swimsuits made everything else seem brighter.

So, Baywatch. Or what pop culture has made think into what it is. *shakes open hand*

On 3/17/2018 at 0:14 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Be glad that Skunk was not the winning form.

Oh no, I would wish less on Elephant Genie.

1 hour ago, Stature said:

Fitting, sure. But what now? Next round, hopefully, and?

While next round will be interesting, I suspect that Dan wants to do some different story soon. He has enough ideas for three NP in parallel, but obviously not enough time ...

On 3/17/2018 at 5:14 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Be glad that Skunk was not the winning form.

Why? It's just the game mechanic. The Kid card would be worse.

16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I suspect that Dan wants to do some different story soon.

Oh, please, please let us do something else!  Nope, not a big fan of complicated not-fully-explained and irrelevant-to-any-plot game mechanics.

8 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Oh, please, please let us do something else!  Nope, not a big fan of complicated not-fully-explained and irrelevant-to-any-plot game mechanics.

Ditto.  Game mechanics crunch isn't why I read EGS.  And meaning no offence to The Dan, he's not really that good of a game mechanics designer.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

That's what Parker Brothers said about the guy who designed Monopoly.

Um, "guy"?  Monopoly was one half of The Landlords Game deisgned by Elizabeth Magie.  The two halves of the game were meant to show the economic benefits of preventing monopolies, but the guy who stole the idea from her dropped the non-monopoly half.  Parker Brothers bought the stolen version, then found out the truth and purchased the rights from Magie, but they only published the monopoly part.

On 3/18/2018 at 0:01 AM, Scotty said:

Edit: just realized that the patreon post was still locked to the public and that I probably shouldn't have pasted the image, the link itself should be ok though since people that don't have pledges should get redirected right?

https://egspinups.tumblr.com/post/172044057249/goonmanji-2-98-color-hd-i-was-peer-pressured

I think the pink hair one is second best (after the "primary" one).

And I think Susan IS spending time outside "in the sun" ... but she's always covered.

59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

https://egspinups.tumblr.com/post/172044057249/goonmanji-2-98-color-hd-i-was-peer-pressured

I think the pink hair one is second best (after the "primary" one).

And I think Susan IS spending time outside "in the sun" ... but she's always covered.

I was meaning to re-link the image once they were unlocked to the public, this works too.

And it's possible that Susan just has fair skin, likely hereditary since Diane has the same complexion.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

And it's possible that Susan just has fair skin, likely hereditary since Diane has the same complexion.

Good point, Diane probably did at least tried the sun.

Come to think about it, did we ever saw Adrian in color? Hmmmmmm ...

29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Good point, Diane probably did at least tried the sun.

Come to think about it, did we ever saw Adrian in color? Hmmmmmm ...

And here's Diane and Adrian together a few pages later. She's not as pale as Adrian, but she might get that from her mother, or she spends time in a tanning bed or something.

But then again, these pages were well before Dan had even decided to go with Diane, Susan and Adrian being related and they use obsolete colour palettes. Dan should do a new colour sketchbook entry of something in his with the three of them together.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

But then again, these pages were well before Dan had even decided to go with Diane, Susan and Adrian being related and they use obsolete colour palettes. Dan should do a new colour sketchbook entry of something in his with the three of them together.

Has Dan stated this? We know that the thing about Diane bearing a strong resemblance to Susan being a plot point dating fairly far back, at the very least. All the way back to here, in fact, which is before we ever meet Mr. Raven the first time. I also remember Dan as having stated that Mr. Raven had a lot of backstory when we commented on him.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Has Dan stated this? We know that the thing about Diane bearing a strong resemblance to Susan being a plot point dating fairly far back, at the very least. All the way back to here, in fact, which is before we ever meet Mr. Raven the first time. I also remember Dan as having stated that Mr. Raven had a lot of backstory when we commented on him.

He stated it here:

Within that "half-immortals cannot have children" comic is the joke about Grace, disguised as a relative of Raven, looking suspiciously like Susan. That was, originally, just a joke, as that was just the outcome I got trying to make Grace look Raven-like. I was still sorting out what exactly to do with Susan and Diane back then, so it wasn't intentional foreshadowing.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

He stated it here:

Within that "half-immortals cannot have children" comic is the joke about Grace, disguised as a relative of Raven, looking suspiciously like Susan. That was, originally, just a joke, as that was just the outcome I got trying to make Grace look Raven-like. I was still sorting out what exactly to do with Susan and Diane back then, so it wasn't intentional foreshadowing.

Dan loves foreshadowing so much that he's doing it even when he doesn't realize he's doing it. :D

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

Dan loves foreshadowing so much that he's doing it even when he doesn't realize he's doing it. :D

Exactly. Dan denying planning something in advance just means that he is not consciously aware he planned it. It was totally foreshadowing, even if not intentional.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

And here's Diane and Adrian together a few pages later. She's not as pale as Adrian, but she might get that from her mother, or she spends time in a tanning bed or something.

I was going to suggest she actually spends that much time on beaches but it was March, so ...

... anyway, Diane spending time in a tanning bed? No surprise.

4 hours ago, Drasvin said:

There are writers - some of them very good - who have a detailed plan for the entire story before they write a single word of the story, and stick to that plan.

However, there are also writers - some of them JUST as good - whose plan is on the order of "a computer programmer meets a dragon - how did that happen, and what happens next?" They start writing before they have an answer to either of those questions. They'll discover the answers, and thus the story, as they go.

And every in-between level of planning also occurs.

At several science-fiction conventions I've asked panels of writers if they get into arguments with their characters, and if so, how often they lose. I think one writer has denied having such arguments. Which drew disbelieving glances from the other panelists. How often they claim they lose those arguments varies between 70% and 99%.