• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday March 19, 2018

13 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Even single year would be probably more than most others, and by possessing the victim he can disrupt the trail ... like, travelling to different state to meet someone from third state, dropping the body there and travel to that third state.

He could potentially disrupt the trail even more. He could use the method above while leaving a live body, not a dead one. Then have medical authorities pick up the 'amnesiac'. That way he isn't even leaving a trail of corpses behind. Vary the two methods a bit so there is no clear pattern and he will be exceptionally hard to trace over time.

... yes, also this, assuming he has some estimate of when his host dies.

9 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Thing is, Sirleck wants to live very comfortably. Passing significant wealth to an unrelated "heir" frequently, without establishing a significant long-term relationship with the "heir", would be difficult. And then having that host do the same just a year or two later... too likely to draw attention.

So, while he may occasionally use a host very-short-term (like Ellen and the janitor), he probably prefers long-term hosts. Probably a bare minimum of five years. And I'd go with multiple decades.

True. While we don't know how long he was possessing the old man, decades seem more likely for this reason. Seems that just setting the passing of wealth is taking him more than one year ...

10 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Remember, his most recent host had at least one human associate (the butler), who showed no sign of thinking that his boss was aging abnormally fast.

The butler might easily assume aging twice as fast as normal is caused by unhealthy livestyle.

On 3/23/2018 at 8:26 PM, hkmaly said:

The butler might easily assume aging twice as fast as normal is caused by unhealthy livestyle.

How many of you have seen an old Harry Harryhausen movie called The Golden Voyage of Sinbad? I have an immense fondness for this film; I rate it as the best of Harryhausen's career, and it's also the very last of the classic Hollywood Arabian Nights movies. The reason it has relevance here is the villain, an unnamed sorcerer who calls on the Demons of Darkness to work his most powerful magics. But "there is a price"; each time he summons them he ages. He progresses from what seems to be the prime of his life to old age throughout the movie.

All in all, this guy didn't seem to be as evil as the composite Sirleck and the unnamed old man formed. That's why I thought and still think it would be an entirely appropriate backstory for the man (or woman) Sirleck used to be became so obsessed with the old man that they became an Aberration. I don't think it has any particular relevance to canon now unless Dan wants to explore Nietzsche's warning about being careful about fighting monsters lest one become a monster oneself. But then Dan has sort of done that with Pandora, hasn't he?

Getting back to the last really great Sinbad movie, you should watch it if you ever get an opportunity. You'll know why Tim Burton made The Corpse Bride and why the piano that Victor and Victoria used was a Harryhausen.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

I don't think it has any particular relevance to canon now unless Dan wants to explore Nietzsche's warning about being careful about fighting monsters lest one become a monster oneself. But then Dan has sort of done that with Pandora, hasn't he?

Pandora redeemed herself. Aberrations are unable to ever return to normal state. I think the likehood of that happening to major EGS character is lower than one of them dying. However, that doesn't completely rule out we will see it - I can imagine it as NP story, with some not-major character as POV character ... possibly even Sirleck.