• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
The Old Hack

First Post Wins

9 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Goldarnit, now I have to start drawing up a Constitution. Anyone know how to assemble a Continental Congress?

You get a first draft with the Articles of Confederation.  Don't sweat it.

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

You get a first draft with the Articles of Confederation.  Don't sweat it.

Darn, this is complicated. If I don't get a proper setup for a civil war, all the re-enactors will be upset with me and most likely the SCA will murder me.

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Anyone know how to assemble a Continental Congress?

Make sure your delegates know that elementary students will be studying their speeches for the next two hundred years.
Try to avoid saying anything that will embarrass yourself as the culture shifts.
When in doubt, just agree with Ben Franklin and Thomas Jefferson.

3 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Darn, this is complicated. If I don't get a proper setup for a civil war, all the re-enactors will be upset with me and most likely the SCA will murder me.

The Revolutionary War re-enactors will be watching you already, and the SCA has some experience with murder.....might just need a Mensan to solve it....

32 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

The Revolutionary War re-enactors will be watching you already

They already had their war. I'm not worried about them. It's more that if I don't get something set up that can split the forums into two, we won't have anything to have a Civil War over. These things need to be done properly, you know. You can't just go to war as a matter of form.

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

*sigh* 1787 reputation. I guess I need to get started on that Constitutional Convention. Pharaoh, you get to be John Hancock. But no bollocking cartouches around your signature, get it? It's big enough already.

When Hancock placed what now seems like a ridiculously large signature on the Declaration of Independence, it was actually his normal handwriting.

That man was a giant.  Not just in history, he was a literal giant dwelling in a castle in the clouds to which he had to commute via beanstalk.  His hands were each almost a meter wide.  Several species of giant birds were driven to extinction to provide that politician with suitable feathered quills.

Wait...

Was that John Hancock or Paul Bunyan?  I'm always getting those two confused.

One was a politician, one owned a giant blue ox.  They were both accomplished at spreading fertilizer across the young country.

Do you want to fight the confusing War of 1812 involving the Americans and British?
That war ended with out either side losing anything except money and lives.  And business between the two countries was back to normal almost immediately after Andrew Jackson's victory at New Orleans which occurred after the war had already ended.

Or do you want to fight the Napoleon-Invades-Russia War of 1812?
That war has much better music.

1 hour ago, Illjwamh said:

If this is what reputation means, then I've only recently escaped the reign of Caligula. Thanks to whoever got me out of that one.

Hoo boy, you are due some interesting times. Careful when you reach 70, the Year of Four Emperors was no picnic! :doom:

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So the Hack has reached 1809?  He must now contend with some of History's great trouble makers.

Louis Braille
Edgar Allen Poe
Felix Mendelssohn
Charles Darwin
Abraham Lincoln
Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Kit Carson

All of these and you are around, too.