• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Story Friday March 23 2018

6 hours ago, Haylo said:
On 3/24/2018 at 4:17 AM, Scotty said:

It isn't because the Gryphons' home is in the main universe, just the other side of it.

I wouldn't count on anyone else except another esoteric scholar gryphon being precise about the distinction between a different dimensional plane and a different side of the same one.

Edward Verres totally would. And Magus himself is studying magic university ...

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Even if Magus and the Gryphons are not from the same place, the Gryphons may know something that would be useful to Magus.

Especially if Magus does not have the means of transporting himself back to his home reality.

If Magus have no idea how to get back, it's either Griffins or someone needs to visit Heka.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Edward Verres totally would. And Magus himself is studying magic university ...

If Magus have no idea how to get back, it's either Griffins or someone needs to visit Heka.

The thing about how the Gryphons were able to get to this half of the world was that the point of entry was a specific location. Nioi however, could create a portal back to her universe anywhere she threw a portal pearl down. I think that might be a key difference between another side of one universe and a completely alternate universe.

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The thing about how the Gryphons were able to get to this half of the world was that the point of entry was a specific location. Nioi however, could create a portal back to her universe anywhere she threw a portal pearl down. I think that might be a key difference between another side of one universe and a completely alternate universe.

Nioi is from a differennt universe (and not necessarily the same one as Lord Tedd, and probably has access to many universes. Remember, Grace's warning came from Beta Tedd and Beta Ellen in still a third universe. And the real versions of Second Life Ellen and Kaoli are from still another universe.

It's also worth noting that Ellen has Second Life memories are longer than the sum of her own life and the life of Elliot before Ellen's creation. To me, at least, Magus E. seems older than Elliot and I wouldn't be surprised if Dan has made him so. Maybe he's even from the same universe as Second Life Ellen and Kaoli, although no dragons came up in Ellen's dreams.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

To me, at least, Magus E. seems older than Elliot and I wouldn't be surprised if Dan has made him so. Maybe he's even from the same universe as Second Life Ellen and Kaoli, although no dragons came up in Ellen's dreams.

I can believe that Magus is older than Elliot, considering he's spent nearly 3 years stuck in the main universe and it didn't seem like Magus and Terra were 9th graders when they were having their training match.

It's also apparent that Lord Tedd is older than our Tedd so it can be safe to assume that Lord Tedd's universe as well as Magus' and SL Ellen's are roughly 2 years ahead of the main universe.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

It is possible that the Griffins KNOWS how to create portal to different universe but are not able to actually do it, while Magus can.

However, Nioi would certainly be better if someone had means to contact her :)

5 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

To me, at least, Magus E. seems older than Elliot and I wouldn't be surprised if Dan has made him so. Maybe he's even from the same universe as Second Life Ellen and Kaoli, although no dragons came up in Ellen's dreams.

I can believe that Magus is older than Elliot, considering he's spent nearly 3 years stuck in the main universe and it didn't seem like Magus and Terra were 9th graders when they were having their training match.

It's also apparent that Lord Tedd is older than our Tedd so it can be safe to assume that Lord Tedd's universe as well as Magus' and SL Ellen's are roughly 2 years ahead of the main universe.

No dragons AND no magic came up in Ellen's dreams and no Uryuoms came up in what Magus was speaking about. I don't think those were same universes. Also, we saw Tedd in Ellen's dreams and he didn't looked as Terra, although in Tedd's case that may not be so important clue ...

I agree with the time difference though. Both Magus and Lord Tedd seem to be adult in their first appearance, while our heroes become adults just recently.

22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

No dragons AND no magic came up in Ellen's dreams and no Uryuoms came up in what Magus was speaking about. I don't think those were same universes. Also, we saw Tedd in Ellen's dreams and he didn't looked as Terra, although in Tedd's case that may not be so important clue ...

I had intended that Magus' universe and SL Ellen's universe were 2 separate universes, apologies if it didn't read as such.

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I had intended that Magus' universe and SL Ellen's universe were 2 separate universes, apologies if it didn't read as such.

That first part was reply to Tom Sewell, sorry for confusion.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

They'd have to be two different universes because the alternative version of Elliot in Ellen's universe was Ellen and Magus in the other.

I forgot about the other Tedd in Ellen's Second Life dreams, which is a pretty darn big thing to forget. Still, there could be ways for our Magus to be from the same univerese:

1. Terra is Tedd's sister.
  2. Terra was Tedd before she went off to BMU.

Neither one seems likely to me, but #2 would kind of fit in the overall themes of EGS.