• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday April 4, 2018

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You mean "a security hole that allowed remote editing of the site without any credentials" doesn't sound sort of like a hack to you? You knowledge about computer security is either really bad or really good :)

Ok I see what happened, I don't know why, but your link has the #vandalism in the URL but the page it directs to doesn't have a vandalism section, previous version of the page maybe?

I removed the #vandalism from the URL and it loaded the updated page.

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:
48 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You mean "a security hole that allowed remote editing of the site without any credentials" doesn't sound sort of like a hack to you? You knowledge about computer security is either really bad or really good :)

Ok I see what happened, I don't know why, but your link has the #vandalism in the URL but the page it directs to doesn't have a vandalism section, previous version of the page maybe?

I removed the #vandalism from the URL and it loaded the updated page.

That's extremely suspicious. Web browsers shouldn't work that way, even with caching involved. What browser did you used?

... oh. Right. Wikia is using fastly CDN. Apparently, fastly have some bug in their caching.

Just now, hkmaly said:

That's extremely suspicious. Web browsers shouldn't work that way, even with caching involved. What browser did you used?

Firefox, only addons I use are ublock Origin for adblocking and tampermonkey for the forum layout script, both were recommended by members here.

Just now, Scotty said:
3 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Firefox, only addons I use are ublock Origin for adblocking and tampermonkey for the forum layout script, both were recommended by members here.

See edit. Wikia is using fastly CDN, which probably has some geographical caching which is buggy enough to give you older version of page because you are in different region and when you refreshed the page it updated.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

See edit. Wikia is using fastly CDN, which probably has some geographical caching which is buggy enough to give you older version of page because you are in different region and when you refreshed the page it updated.

Gotcha.

God I forget how much I love EGS sometimes.

'person threatens sister'

'turns into female superhero'

God. I. Just. Love. This. Comic.

Also, Elliot. Elliot is wonderful.

Magus should really just chill a bit. Nobody's gonna make him go anywhere. Immortals can't touch him on the physical plane without consequences and he's *seen*  how lenient the magic FBI type organization is. I mean, he was responsible for Ellen's creation and saw how she was given an actual life by the government. They'd probably just ask Tedd's dad to send Magus back to his world.

1 hour ago, JainaEgo said:

Magus should really just chill a bit. Nobody's gonna make him go anywhere. Immortals can't touch him on the physical plane without consequences and he's *seen*  how lenient the magic FBI type organization is. I mean, he was responsible for Ellen's creation and saw how she was given an actual life by the government. They'd probably just ask Tedd's dad to send Magus back to his world.

To be fair, that was under Edward. Arthur Arthur leads the DGB differently ... and by differently I mean he is even less likely to do anything. Yes, what is Magus afraid of? Almost as if he saw some darker side of DGB that we never noticed in comics ...

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

To be fair, that was under Edward. Arthur Arthur leads the DGB differently ... and by differently I mean he is even less likely to do anything. Yes, what is Magus afraid of? Almost as if he saw some darker side of DGB that we never noticed in comics ...

Que X-Files theme

Just now, hkmaly said:

Was less likely to do anything. Now that Arthur's experienced what being a Seer is about and how Magic has both changed and not changed, I think he'll be more likely to act, especially if he wakes up and is like "Oh my god, that building full of useless artifacts is now a building full of potentially dangerous artifacts."

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Was less likely to do anything. Now that Arthur's experienced what being a Seer is about and how Magic has both changed and not changed, I think he'll be more likely to act, especially if he wakes up and is like "Oh my god, that building full of useless artifacts is now a building full of potentially dangerous artifacts."

True, but Magus would be unaware of all that.

4 hours ago, JainaEgo said:

True, but Magus would be unaware of all that.

Maybe not. Magus was effectively invisible to most humans. I say "most" because Nanase seemed to sense his presence once in Sister II. So Magus could have witnessed almost anything Dan wants him to provided Elliot wasn't close by.

I wonder where "government goons" came from. The only "government goons" we know Magus ever observed were Edward, Wolf, and Cranium.

Anyway, Magus never slept (although I guess he does need to sleep now that he's got a body again), so filling up time should have been a big deal for him. Dan should do some NPs on things Magus observed in his off time, or things he might have seen. Things like, say, Tony still sleeping with his teddy bear? The long affair Mrs. Verrucht has had with the artist who paints all those ridiculously expensive murals at MNHS?

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Maybe not. Magus was effectively invisible to most humans. I say "most" because Nanase seemed to sense his presence once in Sister II. So Magus could have witnessed almost anything Dan wants him to provided Elliot wasn't close by.

Nanase sensed Magus when she used her "check to sense if there's anyone that can see me" spell and it considered Magus someone that could see her but fortunately for him she assumed it was a small critter in the vent. Dan did say though that Magus hasn't been watching any of the main 8 for any period of time since Sister 2 which has left him sorely lacking in knowledge about their development since then.

I wonder where "government goons" came from. The only "government goons" we know Magus ever observed were Edward, Wolf, and Cranium.

We know there were 2 others that were part of the initial investigation when Magus first arrived. We also know of at least 3 security guards (1 that should be at the facility, and 2 more that were initially holding Abraham), so I would expect a decent sized team of agents or people qualified to handle paranormal stuff.

Oh yeah there's also Commander Jaguar and his special forces unit.

Anyway, Magus never slept (although I guess he does need to sleep now that he's got a body again), so filling up time should have been a big deal for him. Dan should do some NPs on things Magus observed in his off time, or things he might have seen. Things like, say, Tony still sleeping with his teddy bear? The long affair Mrs. Verrucht has had with the artist who paints all those ridiculously expensive murals at MNHS?

It seems unlikely that he could have been aware of the change in magic taking place during the very same time in which he was in control of Elliott's body. He would likely have acknowledged it in some way, shape, or form. Even if the discussion between the seers and magic had only occurred over the span of a second, it is unlikely he would not have given some signal that he had been party to it.

To be fair, he may be scared of the government folks because he thinks they would treat him like a threat (see Abraham) for his invasion of the warehouse.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
17 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That still doesn't change what is he likely to do with Magus.

It seems unlikely that he could have been aware of the change in magic taking place during the very same time in which he was in control of Elliott's body. He would likely have acknowledged it in some way, shape, or form. Even if the discussion between the seers and magic had only occurred over the span of a second, it is unlikely he would not have given some signal that he had been party to it.

Why should he be party to it? He's not seer. It's possible Terra is, but she would probably not qualify anyway because she's using magic of different universe, not speaking about still BEING in that universe.

To be fair, he may be scared of the government folks because he thinks they would treat him like a threat (see Abraham) for his invasion of the warehouse.

Abraham was seen as a threat because he attacked public school, hurt one teacher and almost killed one of students.

44 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Just an eco-moment... could all those vampires burning up at once put enough ash and soot in the atmosphere to cause a Vampire Winter?

No. There wasn't that many of them and they were at ground level - the X Winter is when the ash is high in atmosphere and not coming down fast enough.

18 minutes ago, Southern Cross said:

Actually, from what I remember, Terra is a wizard NOT a seer.

In EGS universe, seers are wand-makers, kind of wizard, but are not able to get their own spells. Terra used spells, and it did seemed she didn't used wand, but, well, different universe, different rules. IF there are some seers in her universe, it would be hard to recognize them because the rules not only can, but obviously are different there, based on how Magus's magic works differently than EGS primary universe magic. Also, dragons.