• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday April 4, 2018

Just now, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Has Dan argued with any other character as much as he argues with Susan?

I don't know why she puts up with that cartoonist.

Not recently, but I suspect Sarah was the problematic one on start ...

Also, debug mode :) ...

... actually with Hanma not able to test the spells herself, I'm surprised she is not begging them to test some stuff she's not sure about. Debug mode wand would be very useful for that.

... aaaand the card Susan wants is one we didn't actually saw in play (we saw how it looks, but didn't saw the effect). Of course, it's still something Susan wouldn't want complete, the list of cards Susan wouldn't mind would be very short :)

I'm still hoping Susan will accept a minor non-mental transformation just to get into the spirit of things. Maybe she could take the lifeguard "outfit" along with its mental effect, and just skip the physical changes? Or heck, that animal-tf-only cow!Susan in panel one looks pretty cute, I wouldn't mind her going with that.

Edited by ChronosCat
Less confusing wording.

30 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I'm still hoping Susan will accept a minor physical and/or clothing transformation just to get into the spirit of things. Maybe she could take the lifeguard "outfit" along with its mental effect, and just skip the physical changes? Or heck, that animal-tf-only cow!Susan in panel one looks pretty cute, I wouldn't mind her going with that.

Well Lifeguard is a Physical-Clothing card, the mental changes would be part of the Physical aspect of it but the bustiness is probably also part of that. Susan had already felt that the cow form minus attract bonus was appealing because it didn't make her feel lanky, so I would expect Susan to feel the same way with the Lifeguard with either Susan's own clothing or a different clothing card effect that she'd be more comfortable with. like maybe Nurse?

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

Well Lifeguard is a Physical-Clothing card, the mental changes would be part of the Physical aspect of it but the bustiness is probably also part of that. Susan had already felt that the cow form minus attract bonus was appealing because it didn't make her feel lanky, so I would expect Susan to feel the same way with the Lifeguard with either Susan's own clothing or a different clothing card effect that she'd be more comfortable with. like maybe Nurse?

Unaffected by her own over-self-control Susan could well join in more...

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:
5 hours ago, Scotty said:

Unaffected by her own over-self-control Susan could well join in more...

... maybe police ? Although if that's real police outfit and not some generic pretend uniform, it could be against the law to wear that outside.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... maybe police ? Although if that's real police outfit and not some generic pretend uniform, it could be against the law to wear that outside.

That uniform seems more appropriate for a bachelor party though.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I'm 99% certain that no Police Uniform in the US includes shorts that short.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That costume is more akin to Amy Pond's kissogram costume than to any real police uniform.  That was the whole reason Susan found it so embarassing.

44 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That costume is more akin to Amy Pond's kissogram costume than to any real police uniform.  That was the whole reason Susan found it so embarassing.

That doesn't answer the legality question.

You'd be amazed how closely you can copy a police or military uniform, completely legally, in the US - on condition that you don't try to claim or exercise the powers and privileges that go with the uniform you're wearing.

(I think that wearing, say, the distinctive insignia that identify your state's highway patrol officers, might count as claiming the powers and privileges; however, there are no powers and privileges associated with being a patrol officer for the State of Bewilderment.)

1 minute ago, Don Edwards said:

You'd be amazed how closely you can copy a police or military uniform, completely legally, in the US - on condition that you don't try to claim or exercise the powers and privileges that go with the uniform you're wearing.

(I think that wearing, say, the distinctive insignia that identify your state's highway patrol officers, might count as claiming the powers and privileges; however, there are no powers and privileges associated with being a patrol officer for the State of Bewilderment.)

I once read a book in which a group of sort-of bad guys (they were helping the protagonists at the time, after having locked horns with them in a previous book, and kept dancing back and forth across the line of opposing and helping as the series moved along) managed to panic the actual villains of the story by arriving in completely correct police uniforms. For all intents and purposes the real thing. Only this was in California and the badges they carried read NYPD, or New York Police Department. Plus points for having legally rented the outfits from a Hollywood costuming outfit.

9 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Only this was in California and the badges they carried read NYPD, or New York Police Department.

metoo.gif

An NYPD officer in California is an officer by courtesy only, with no legal authority. (Except possibly in the context of a prisoner transfer - but the prisoner will be handed from one police force or prison-guard force to another, not encountered randomly, and with a bunch of paperwork, prior notice, and scheduling involved.) Therefore wearing an NYPD uniform in California is not impersonating an officer.

And I'm sure there are provisions in the law for actually wearing California Highway Patrol uniforms on California highways, with prior CHP approval, for such purposes as making TV shows.

15 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Only this was in California and the badges they carried read NYPD, or New York Police Department.

metoo.gif

An NYPD officer in California is an officer by courtesy only, with no legal authority. (Except possibly in the context of a prisoner transfer - but the prisoner will be handed from one police force or prison-guard force to another, not encountered randomly, and with a bunch of paperwork, prior notice, and scheduling involved.) Therefore wearing an NYPD uniform in California is not impersonating an officer.

Ok, THIS answers the legality question.
 Thanks.