• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday April 6, 2018

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Iiiiittttt's a possibility. The Pineapple Express has arrived, it's cold and rainy, and I'm wearing two jackets. Significant sleeve volume. I use a keyboard with a full numeric pad and I sometimes catch the second Enter key with my sleeve when I'm using the mouse.

Ok just checking. :D

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

No one is standing in any window you can see in this comic. What are you getting at?

No, and no one is saying the line I posted, either.  Hence my using the word "would" rather than "is".  I was suggesting a line someone should say to Magus, and then speculating about whether it would be said by Elliot, or whether Ashley would deliver it.  As Ashley can't fly, I specified that she'd be saying it from the glassless window, because I thought otherwise people would reply, "But Ashley's still inside!"

12 hours ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

I'm calling it now: Dan is using this comic to subtly confirm that Magus was about to wake Ellen up.

I don't think he's trying to be all that subtle - Elliot's just missing it because he's so hotheaded right now.

9 hours ago, Drasvin said:
12 hours ago, detrius said:

FFS, Magus pushes crates and aberrations around with telekinesis and his argument is strength?

You don't even need magic to make people stronger. Are there no levers in Magus' universe?

It's possible that most combat spells in Magus's universe scale off of physical strength, similar to how Nanase's fairy punch spell is as strong as her punches.

Magus directly SAID that on this page.

12 hours ago, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

I'm calling it now: Dan is using this comic to subtly confirm that Magus was about to wake Ellen up.

Seems so.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:
3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

At least they're talking.  I thought sure it would be fight time...

Dan, have characters avoid needless violence by talking to each other instead?  How unprecedented!  ;-)

Well, Nanase was talking with Abraham WHILE fighting.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

New theory: the reason Magus is so insistent on his view of gender roles has nothing to do with his experiencing or having experienced dysphoria; instead its' due to arguments he's had with Terra over Terra's choice to use a female form. The arguments became emotional, feelings were hurt, and Magus was too stubborn to admit he might be wrong.

Sounds quite likely to me.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Is it clear? Because I've been assuming and still think it most likely that his world didn't always have easily accessible sex-change magic, and when it became available they kept the pre-existing stereotypes but decided they applied to physical form as much or more than they did to mental gender or individual people.

It seems reasonable to believe that because magic is so public in his world, that the cycle of system changes was broken much sooner, or didn't exist at all, which would mean that the ability to switch sexes has likely been known for a while. There could still have been a sexist lean before gender changing magic was ever considered, but for all we know they might have been more matriarchal before, heck they might still be matriarchal and the idea of becoming male is considered a necessary step down for them.

Magic being public doesn't mean the cycle was broken that much sooner ; could be just few centuries and the gender change itself might be something which was not seriously researched until their universe version of women right movement, which somehow took the turn of turning females into males ...

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Speculating on Alternate Realities can result is endless possibilities. ;)

I'm not sure but you may be underestimating the number of possibilities. The correct word would likely be uncountable ...

Is the multiverse uncountable?  I thought the whole point of quantum physics was that nothing was really uncountable... (or in our universe, even infinite, but that wouldn't apply to the multiverse).

42 minutes ago, WR...S said:

Is the multiverse uncountable?  I thought the whole point of quantum physics was that nothing was really uncountable... (or in our universe, even infinite, but that wouldn't apply to the multiverse).

Quantum physics says that there are infinite many possible directions single photon can be polarized in, but you are unable to measure it. Where did you get the "nothing was really uncountable" bit?

hm... for some reason this is reminding me of the complexity of dividing by zero.

X/0 is undefined (there is no result value that meets the formal mathematical definition of division), except for the special case of 0/0 which is indeterminate (absolutely any result value meets the definition - including imaginary values, complex values, transfinite values...).

50 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Am I the only one that's noticed that one of the crates (panel 4 of Wednesday's comic) is broken? Is that supposed to be the crate the diamond was in, or another one?

Which crate, which comic?

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Am I the only one that's noticed that one of the crates (panel 4 of Wednesday's comic) is broken? Is that supposed to be the crate the diamond was in, or another one?

Sounds like the aftermath of siccing Sirleck. Threw a crate, lid must have flown off.

44 minutes ago, Stature said:

Sounds like the aftermath of siccing Sirleck. Threw a crate, lid must have flown off.

It looks more like a top of a box pried off...

40 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Soo, my matriarchy theory might be right?

There ARE other options ...

36 minutes ago, Scotty said:
57 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

It looks more like a top of a box pried off...

It might be the lid for the diamond crate, though that crate is on the opposite side of the window as seen in the overhead shot just after Sirleck's demise, you can see the diamond shards on the floor in front of it.

Looking at THAT image however it DOES seem there is one crate open there ...

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

There ARE other options ...

Possibly, I'm not doing a cookie dance yet.

But it does seem to rule out the idea that men are making the rules. Like it could very well be possible that while men are known for being physically stronger, they would be most likely found in physically demanding jobs, which would mean there's a good chance that females are much more common in government/administration jobs. The president could very well be female.

6 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Looking at THAT image however it DOES seem there is one crate open there ...

Ahh looked at it again and yeah that bottom crate is open.

15 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Clearly, Magus' world is a felinocracy. It is ruled by cats.

Just like ours.

Saw this on surveillance footage on the discord server, felt it was my duty to warn you:

IWalN04.jpg?width=605&height=657

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

But it does seem to rule out the idea that men are making the rules. Like it could very well be possible that while men are known for being physically stronger, they would be most likely found in physically demanding jobs, which would mean there's a good chance that females are much more common in government/administration jobs. The president could very well be female.

Quite likely, although the commander-in-chief of army could be man, meaning it wouldn't be one of president roles.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

Soo, my matriarchy theory might be right?

If that was the case, it might help explain why Magus is so defensive about having taken male form despite clearly wanting it. Perhaps females are seen as superior, and while transition from male form to female form is common, the other way 'round is rare and thought of by the average person as a "downgrade".

Still, it's way too early to put this in the "things we know about Magus' world" list.