• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Friday April 6, 2018

Just now, hkmaly said:

Quite likely, although the commander-in-chief of army could be man, meaning it wouldn't be one of president roles.

If the CiC isn't required to be out in the field, then there's no need for physical boosts. Studies here have suggested that women are better multitaskers than men so I would think that multitasking would be an essential skill for someone running the country.

Just now, ChronosCat said:

If that was the case, it might help explain why Magus is so defensive about having taken male form despite clearly wanting it. Perhaps females are seen as superior, and while transition from male form to female form is common, the other way 'round is rare and thought of by the average person as a "downgrade".

Still, it's way too early to put this in the "things we know about Magus' world" list.

Magus can certainly be seen as a mirror of early Tedd where "It's the best for the job I want" could be the same as "It's like a vacation".

24 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

Still, it's way too early to put this in the "things we know about Magus' world" list.

There is only one thing we know for sure about Magus' world.

It somehow turned the baseline version of Elliot into this ambulatory arsecrack calling itself Magus.

2 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Things we know about Magus' world.

1.  Their society is different than ours.

2.  Our society may have problems, but it is obviously better than theirs.

Anthropology is overrated.
Misanthropology is where you'll get the big bucks.

The powers-that-be tend to like academics who say what they want to hear.

How about a rigid traditionalist government where you can aspire to any position you have the talent for -- but then you get made over to fit whatever pigionhole you're in. The president might have been a woman...until the mandatory change after inauguration.

Fairly sure Magus also just identifies as male, given how he said he didn't have to justify it a few strips ago.

Also, Elliot's boobs went from perky to waist level. Whoops

I guess there must really be some sort of combat advantage to having big boobs, then.  You know, using Magus's logic of, "There must besome reason it's done that way!"

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

It somehow turned the baseline version of Elliot into this ambulatory arsecrack calling itself Magus.

I would think it turned the baseline version of Ellen into Magus....

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

For all we know, the baseline version of Elliot is Ellen.

Of course. So far, Elliot is the only Ell born male. Had to bust out sometime. As for the combat advantages of large mammaries, the answer should be obvious to anyone who has observed the ass-kicking talents of Sailor Jupiter. 

Magic is stored in the mammaries. More boob, more boom.

49 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Mammary antigravity offline.

I mean, if you've ever read Spinnerette, that's one usage of Greta Gravity's powers.

8 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

1) Magus is not in his right mind right now

2) Note that there is every indication he was going to wake Ellen up first - and if he wasn't going to ask her first, then what's the point in waking her?

I'm inclined to not be judgmental until someone is in their right mind and I know their full motivations etc., first.

13 minutes ago, Aura Guardian said:

1) Magus is not in his right mind right now

2) Note that there is every indication he was going to wake Ellen up first - and if he wasn't going to ask her first, then what's the point in waking her?

I'm inclined to not be judgmental until someone is in their right mind and I know their full motivations etc., first.

Fair enough. You have a point. I have been in a horrible mood the past day or so and not inclined to be charitable, which is just not a good thing; it skews my judgment, such as it is.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
18 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Quite likely, although the commander-in-chief of army could be man, meaning it wouldn't be one of president roles.

If the CiC isn't required to be out in the field, then there's no need for physical boosts. Studies here have suggested that women are better multitaskers than men so I would think that multitasking would be an essential skill for someone running the country.

Even not in field, I would think men way of thinking is better for battle strategy. Women would lead the diplomacy, but if diplomacy fails, the war will be done by men.

Of course, it's debatable how would change of sex help with way people think, but that may not stop the division of jobs based on sex.

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Things we know about Magus' world.

1.  Their society is different than ours.

2.  Our society may have problems, but it is obviously better than theirs.

That's definitely not something we know, even less so "obviously".

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's definitely not something we know, even less so "obviously".

Ah... I do believe that Pharaoh was speaking ironically.

Hence his addition of the line "The powers-that-be tend to like academics who say what they want to hear."

I'm reminded of that satirical pamphlet from WWI that calqued the arguments that "a woman's place is in the home" to argue "a man's place is on the front."

1 hour ago, WR...S said:

I'm reminded of that satirical pamphlet from WWI that calqued the arguments that "a woman's place is in the home" to argue "a man's place is on the front."

Not all of us have seen every satirical pamphlet from WWI. Anyway, a woman's place was often in shell-filling plants. Their skin turned  yellow from the toxic effects of TNT, so they were called "canaries."