• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Friday April 13, 2018

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That's also possible of course, but the way he doesn't even think about it seems more like he has some specific in mind ... note that he was NOT mentioning any other place with artifacts - and I don't think all artifacts from previous magic systems are here, although probably most of them.

This facility was intended to house was were believed to be inert artifacts or ones that were active but useless, as Sirleck states, it's a decoy facility to lure would be thieves from the facility that holds the more important, active artifacts, the other facility would have much higher security measures already in place plus all the artifacts inside would have all their enchantments and effects known. The PTTblahblahwhatever, might be 25% known artifacts that were deemed useless and therefore very low threat, but the other 75% would be artifact that haven't had their effects cataloged because the magic system they were made in was no long active.

So you got one facility where everything is already known about the stuff it contains, and another facility where up until a few moments ago was believed to hold harmless object but now Arthur's realized that those objects can no longer be considered harmless because no one has any idea what any of the previously inert objects do. Sure one could guess based on certain shapes and materials but then that doesn't really narrow down anything to a specific object, you could have a large statue that might be a golem, or a wand shaped like a lightning bolt, or a sphere with waves etched into it. It's that unknown that has Arthur in a panic, soo many objects of unknown origins and purposes concentrated in one area. And that's why I was certain that he'd want to have the place on lockdown ASAP, but maybe he's still got agents on the way with better equipment for doing so, because leaving the place wide open, even with the lights on, someone (like Magus, Elliot, Ashley and Ellen) would eventually walk in a mess around with stuff.