• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Wednesday April 18, 2018

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I miss City of Heroes. Darnit.

You and me both.  There is Paragon Chat if you at least like the looks of your characters.   And a group of enterprising individuals have announced a very basic reverse engineer of a CoH server they intend to build on.

The costume run I'm describing was before there was an Icon in Atlas park, so I had to make my way carefully through Kings Row and then VERY carefully through the little bit of Independence Port between the Kings Row Gate and the icon store. 

The character who wanted the reductions was about 8th level and a Brute to boot, so the  Cap au Diable run wasn't so bad.  I may have already had her working on the zone.    Mercy Island and Port Oaks were low-level zones I just got through as quickly as possible.  Cape was always a fun place.

16 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

You and me both.  There is Paragon Chat if you at least like the looks of your characters.   And a group of enterprising individuals have announced a very basic reverse engineer of a CoH server they intend to build on.

I had so much fun with this game. I created involved backstories for my characters. Some of them serious, some less so. It was not uncommon for me to undertake adventures based on motivations similar to your outfit run and your cosmetic surgery patient. I approve wholeheartedly of both; the former reminded me of the time where I -- but I think I'll save these tales for Off Topic.

11 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I had so much fun with this game. I created involved backstories for my characters. Some of them serious, some less so. It was not uncommon for me to undertake adventures based on motivations similar to your outfit run and your cosmetic surgery patient. I approve wholeheartedly of both; the former reminded me of the time where I -- but I think I'll save these tales for Off Topic.

I did similarly.  I had characters with deep stories, sketches of stories and experiments in powerset combinations. 

As I contemplate a midlife shift from the tech sector to writer, I find my pen and paper RPG characters and my CoH characters are a great reserve of story characters.