• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Monday April 23, 2018

Not too long ago I found myself thinking about the Demonic Duck.

I was thinking that Dan's story telling style and abilities had changed so much over the years that he probably would not need gimmicks like the Demonic Duck anymore.

I also thought that DC did not need gimmicks like Bat-Mite any more.

So, this answers how can Dan totally include penetrative sex in story without losing PG-13 rating. I mean, obviously that's not what's happening now, but he can do it similarly.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Awesome. It's been so long since we last saw the Demonic Duck. I've missed her. <3

... I was convinced it's male Demonic Duck, although I suspect it was based on him being attracted to female humans. Which is rather weak reasoning considering he shouldn't be attracted to humans at all.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Not too long ago I found myself thinking about the Demonic Duck.

I was thinking that Dan's story telling style and abilities had changed so much over the years that he probably would not need gimmicks like the Demonic Duck anymore.

I also thought that DC did not need gimmicks like Bat-Mite any more.

Dan doesn't NEED it. Can still use it. At least in non-canon story.

DC, meanwhile ...

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

... I was convinced it's male Demonic Duck, although I suspect it was based on him being attracted to female humans. Which is rather weak reasoning considering he shouldn't be attracted to humans at all.

I am not sure anyone has ever asked Dan. I might give it a go.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

DC, meanwhile ...

DC also didn't need to create series like Countdown or Amazons Attack. This didn't stop them. *sigh*

19 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
22 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I am not sure anyone has ever asked Dan. I might give it a go.

He's referred to as he on wiki. Of course, that only means I'm not only one who though he's he.

WAIT: SUSAN thinks he's he.

My head cannon on what we're missing is a reverse camera shot with the tickle fight out of focus in the near foreground and the focus on Ashley sidling up to Susan with a bucket of popcorn (because of course Susan has the best viewing angle). Neither looks at each other in the below exchanges, but look straight at the camera the whole time.

Ashley: "So you like to watch?"

Susan: "Yes"  [Takes out chopsticks to eat the popcorn.]

Ashley: "So have you ever watched Elliot?"

Susan:  [Blushing] "No."

Ashley: [Blushing] "Would you like to?"

Both: [Awkward pause]

Ashley: [Flustered] "... Not that I've even asked him, and we've only kissed, but he's a good kisser, and ... I should stop talking ..."

Susan: "If he was okay with it, I would consider it ... for science."

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah cus when Justin questioned that DD should be attracted to Ducks, DD's response was "shouldn't you be attracted to women?" Althought the title of that page is "He came to distract, but he stayed to party." so DD's male unless Dan changed it somewhere.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

so DD's male unless Dan changed it somewhere.

Goldarnit, and here I had for years stuck to idea of the DD being female because of the underrepresentation of female lesbian demonic ducks in media.

At this point I feel like mentioning that I've always imagined the Duck with a deep gravely voice. Not that women can't have deep gravely voices, but it's rare enough that it makes the idea of the Duck being female even more striking to me. 

On 4/23/2018 at 9:38 AM, ChronosCat said:

At this point I feel like mentioning that I've always imagined the Duck with a deep gravely voice. Not that women can't have deep gravely voices, but it's rare enough that it makes the idea of the Duck being female even more striking to me. 

Now I am always going to read the duck as sounding like Kathleen Turner.