• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Scotty

NP, Friday April 27, 2018

11 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Now I and 3/4 of the fanbase are thinking Hanma is how Greg got his case of ASMA...

SURELY a completely anime-obsessed and incredibly bored young Immortal with nothing better on her hands to do could have nothing to do with being inspired to GUIDE and EMPOWER a handsome looking human who was watching and rewatching one of the best and most unjustly cancelled anime shows for 168 hours straight. :danshiftyeyes:

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I think maybe Vladia has some competition in the "who is Greg's new girlfriend" department. ;)

Hmmmm .... Hanma is staying on astral plane here, but maybe? It's not like Greg must KNOW his new girlfriend is an immortal who is stalking him for years ...

10 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
24 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Now I and 3/4 of the fanbase are thinking Hanma is how Greg got his case of ASMA...

SURELY a completely anime-obsessed and incredibly bored young Immortal with nothing better on her hands to do could have nothing to do with being inspired to GUIDE and EMPOWER a handsome looking human who was watching and rewatching one of the best and most unjustly cancelled anime shows for 168 hours straight. :danshiftyeyes:

I also think the 3/4 is too low estimate.

1 hour ago, Vorlonagent said:

I speculated that she might have been responsible for it the day Dan introduced her.

I know this doesn't confirm anything though, it might have been Greg learning how to use magical martial arts that caught Hanma's attention, Dan's commentary kinda leans in that direction, but that could probably mean she appreciates him as the inventor of a school of martial arts using the abilities she gave him, that he was able to teach others magic through martial arts. It's soo anime that Hanma can't help but love it.

Surely Hanma could be well versed in ASMA, only if she is in the same plane. Alas, get on with the shenanigans.

"Humans: Immortals' Incognito TV"

Who buoy!

I still think that Vladia is Greg's yet-to-be-confirmed girlfriend.
But if a certain immortal happened to be jealous?
This might be part of the reason why we have not seen Vladia in the story comics since the video call on Grace's birthday.

2 hours ago, Stature said:

Surely Hanma could be well versed in ASMA, only if she is in the same plane.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

This might be part of the reason why we have not seen Vladia in the story comics since the video call on Grace's birthday.

Remember that immortals are limited to "empower and guide".

53 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

Jealous?  Heck, no!  Hanma would ship Greg/Vladia!

Agree. And probably do something embarrassing (to them) in failed attempt to get them closer.

13 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Adrian is the only Elf we've seen in canon, but he isn't unique, which means that Immortal-human sex is allowed as long as it is consensual.

Unless Hanma is posing as a fully adult human woman, Greg shouldn't accept her as his girlfriend. To his own embarrassment and shame, Greg is not a dirty old man

2 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Adrian is the only Elf we've seen in canon, but he isn't unique, which means that Immortal-human sex is allowed as long as it is consensual.

Unless Hanma is posing as a fully adult human woman, Greg shouldn't accept her as his girlfriend. To his own embarrassment and shame, Greg is not a dirty old man

She could use the same logic she gave Catalina.

5 minutes ago, Scotty said:

She could try, but Greg is creeped out by attractive eighteen-year-olds. Actually pretending to be older would have a better chance of working, although it doesn't seem likely Hanma could pull that off for very long if the Hanma in canon is much like the Hanma in this longest NP arc ever.

8 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
21 hours ago, hkmaly said:
On 4/28/2018 at 4:39 AM, Stature said:

Surely Hanma could be well versed in ASMA, only if she is in the same plane.

23 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

... yes, empower and guide is either not exact description or there is way how can having child be considered empowering.

But my point was than Hanma can't really use any martial arts (against humans at least) and couldn't directly attack Vladia, which I though was implied in that second post.

5 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
5 hours ago, Scotty said:

She could try, but Greg is creeped out by attractive eighteen-year-olds. Actually pretending to be older would have a better chance of working, although it doesn't seem likely Hanma could pull that off for very long if the Hanma in canon is much like the Hanma in this longest NP arc ever.

I can imagine Greg being ok with combination of "manage to keep older looks most of the time" and the logic she gave to Catalina.

Although I still consider Vladia more likely.

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

can imagine Greg being ok with combination of "manage to keep older looks most of the time" and the logic she gave to Catalina.

Although I still consider Vladia more likely.

As long as Vladia is okay with a boyfriend who cosplays Chun-Li.

We don't know how often he does it, do we?

Besides, Vladia might be more ok with that than average given her own sex history.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But my point was than Hanma can't really use any martial arts (against humans at least) and couldn't directly attack Vladia, which I though was implied in that second post.

Use is a strong word... for me, at least. Attack is definitely stronger.

Let them start with just interacting. Like two normal beings. ;)

2 hours ago, Stature said:

Let them start with just interacting. Like two normal beings.

....them?

Sensei Greg, Hanma, Vladia.

Of those three, which two are "Normal"?

Let them interact like the unusual and extraordinary beings they are.

13 hours ago, Stature said:
19 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Use is a strong word... for me, at least. Attack is definitely stronger.

Well, sure. She can train falls. If such skill is any use to her, given she's floating. Or she can do some tricks like breaking bricks. I'm pretty sure she can't use martial arts against some human even if she doesn't mean to hurt them. Both Voltaire and Zeus were really careful to not even touch anyone.

(Pandora obviously DID touch Blaike and was hugging several people, and Jerry hugged Susan, but that really wasn't martial arts.)

Just now, hkmaly said:

Jerry used a spell on Susan as well earlier, but I imagine he was able to justifying it in some way that it wasn't breaking immortal law. Maybe it would have only broken Immortal law if he hurt or killed Susan, but using the serenity spell to calm her was still considered guiding or something.

35 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Jerry used a spell on Susan as well earlier, but I imagine he was able to justifying it in some way that it wasn't breaking immortal law. Maybe it would have only broken Immortal law if he hurt or killed Susan, but using the serenity spell to calm her was still considered guiding or something.

Yes, this kind of spell must've count as guiding. Magus's "Calm" likely as well, not sure if his "Sleep" would be safe for immortal to use.

Also, he might have some additional leeway in her already being under emotional-changing magic. Voltaire, meanwhile, needed Dex to get suggestible really easy, some hypnosis-type spell likely wouldn't be allowed.

16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Voltaire, meanwhile, needed Dex to get suggestible really easy, some hypnosis-type spell likely wouldn't be allowed.

This is probably where it gets tricky, but leaving the pendant out for Dex to see might have been a kind of invitation, and the moment Dex put it on could be taken as giving consent. Voltaire could easily say "he didn't have to put it on, and I didn't force him to do so, so it's his fault."

39 minutes ago, Scotty said:
59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Voltaire, meanwhile, needed Dex to get suggestible really easy, some hypnosis-type spell likely wouldn't be allowed.

This is probably where it gets tricky, but leaving the pendant out for Dex to see might have been a kind of invitation, and the moment Dex put it on could be taken as giving consent. Voltaire could easily say "he didn't have to put it on, and I didn't force him to do so, so it's his fault."

While that could be how it works, consent was never mentioned in immortal rules, which makes me think it's not related ...

Note specifically how Susan needed to tell Hanma about "informed decision" and how the game would be evil without players giving consent. Given that immortals CANT break their rules without knowing, it seems obvious that making such evil game WOULD be allowed by immortal rules.

And then we have the what makes the game okay with immortal rules. Again, nothing with consent, at least not the informed one. The game is automated, as it probably wouldn't be allowed for Hanma to cast some of those spells herself, but ... uhhh ... actually yes, this is somewhat similar to how Dex put the pendant on himself. It just seems it's less about consent and more about making the effect indirect.

Goonmanji2 is a very elaborately-strangely shaped wand with an odd way for the users to pick which of its spells to cast (some of which have odd restrictions on whom they can be cast on). But it's ultimately *completely* under the players' control - they can walk away from the game, they can decide not to play, they can read the cards to get an idea of what might happen *before* deciding whether or not to play...

Definitely empowering with a light touch of guiding.

What Voltaire did to Dex was closer to take-over... but the way immortal law works, Voltaire had to convince nobody but himself that it was okay.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Of those three, which two are "Normal"?

Ah ah ahh, "normal" was very loose.

On 4/29/2018 at 7:27 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Let them interact like the unusual and extraordinary beings they are.

At least they are beings, not kindred spirits. At least they are extraordinary. Wait...