• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Scotty

Story, Monday April 30, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2492

Spoiler:

There's a tail, or part of one on the golem, I don't think there should be any more doubt that it's design was at least inspired by Uryuoms.

As for what hit it, looks like Ellen's beam, did she wake up on her own? Maybe from the power the golem sensed? That would at least save Magus the trouble of worrying about her having any ill effects of being magically woken up....though would there be other side effects to being maybe infused by more power?

If it's not Ellen though, Abraham? Or maybe Paranormal Division has arrived? And what did the golem remember?

Derp...I totally skipped the third panel on the first read, that totally was Ellen waking up to Ashley's scream, and would have zapped the golem on reflex probably.

First, apparently the Ashley Eek is the most effective alarm yet devised.  I hope they never get that bottled up.  What would happen to those of us who enjoy sleeping late?

Do we want the Golem to survive now that it remembers its mission, purpose, or instructions?  Can we get that information before the Golem components get scattered across the pavement?

And finally, floating female Elliot looks like she is dancing the Hokey-Pokey.  Right foot in and all that.  Why has Magus not yet joined in?  Does he not know that's what it's all about?

4 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And finally, floating female Elliot looks like she is dancing the Hokey-Pokey.  Right foot in and all that.  Why has Magus not yet joined in?  Does he not know that's what it's all about?

It's because he is about to do a jump to the left and then a step to the right..

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Do we want the Golem to survive now that it remembers its mission, purpose, or instructions?  Can we get that information before the Golem components get scattered across the pavement?

Maybe it remembers that the power it was talking about is ok for humans to have now, that the initial reaction was due to a mixup in memories. Though it might also remember why it doesn't think Humans should have that power, like that power kicked it's arse before when it tried to deny it.

Even though when it was introduce, it supposedly was speaking in a "tongue long forgotten", but if it is truly Uryuom based, then maybe it might understand Uryumoco? Maybe Elliot can try to communicate?

My guess is Ellen just did a wake-up super (for those unfamiliar with the term, it's from the fighting game community, when a player uses a super move right after getting up from being knocked down), though the growling roar noise makes me uncertain.

The tail on the golem is certainly interesting. Could be a point towards Uryuom inspiration. Could also be due to some kind of animalistic influence. Needs more data.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

I hope Ellen is acting on her own will now, but the "groar" isn't exactly reassuring.

I really hope it is Ellen firing a beam and not... whatever Golem spotted in the box. Either way, I am worried. :icon_eek:

I... called it? Sorta? Yay me?? Or that is what is supposed to happen??

Panel 2: *slow, menacing clap*

But the beam shows its force again. Another 14-year callback.

9 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Alternate theory 1: the golem made the diamond, in order to seal up whatever magic was in the wooden core.

Alternate theory 2: someone/thing else made the diamond in order to hide the core from the golem.

Not the same diamond from the wizard?

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When the golem woke up, it was asking about a library. Presumably it remembers what happened to the library and how it ended up so heavily damaged.

42 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Technically, so was the One Ring. And then some hobbit vandals dumped it in an active volcano. Some people.

Damned art thieves.

This is all Saruman's fault.  "Hobbit bait?  Who need to put out hobbit bait?  Let them breed out of control.  It's not my problem. " It sure turned into your problem, mate.  Hobbits, they get into everything and gum it all up.  For all their destructiveness Maiar are easy to deal with.  A regular spraying is all you need.  Once an infestation of hobbits gets going they're far worse than any valinorian pest you could name.  Worse than mimmoths, even...

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Technically, so was the One Ring. And then some hobbit vandals dumped it in an active volcano. Some people.

2 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Damned art thieves.

This is all Saruman's fault.  "Hobbit bait?  Who need to put out hobbit bait?  Let them breed out of control.  It's not my problem. " It sure turned into your problem, mate.  Hobbits, they get into everything and gum it all up.  For all their destructiveness Maiar are easy to deal with.  A regular spraying is all you need.  Once an infestation of hobbits gets going they're far worse than any valinorian pest you could name.  Worse than mimmoths, even...

To be fair, he did lose it in a rather public way and didn't start looking for it for a long, long time.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

As for what hit it, looks like Ellen's beam, did she wake up on her own? Maybe from the power the golem sensed? That would at least save Magus the trouble of worrying about her having any ill effects of being magically woken up....though would there be other side effects to being maybe infused by more power?

If it's not Ellen though, Abraham? Or maybe Paranormal Division has arrived? And what did the golem remember?

Derp...I totally skipped the third panel on the first read, that totally was Ellen waking up to Ashley's scream, and would have zapped the golem on reflex probably.

Sounds most likely to me as well. DEFINITELY more likely than Kevin.

And BTW, no, this won't save Ellen from headache. She will have headache because being woken up too soon after Sirleck possession, no matter HOW she was woken up.

20 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It's not about what we want. The golem seems sturdy enough. It wasn't destroyed by the beam itself, I doubt the fall would destroy it, especially looking at final page showing the asphalt being scattered, not the golem.

20 hours ago, Scotty said:

Even though when it was introduce, it supposedly was speaking in a "tongue long forgotten", but if it is truly Uryuom based, then maybe it might understand Uryumoco? Maybe Elliot can try to communicate?

...  Elliot would understand, but so far only Ashley (and Kevin) was hearing what the golem was saying, so ... yes. We currently can't be sure it isn't Uryumoco. We also can't be sure it isn't Japan or French, given Nanase is not here.

9 hours ago, Stature said:
18 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Alternate theory 1: the golem made the diamond, in order to seal up whatever magic was in the wooden core.

Alternate theory 2: someone/thing else made the diamond in order to hide the core from the golem.

Abraham just enchanted the "diamond", he didn't created it. Possibly his master did, but more likely it was even older.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
4 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

To be fair, he did lose it in a rather public way and didn't start looking for it for a long, long time.

That wasn't Saruman.

Sauron lost it in public, but he was having health issues and really started looking for it as soon as he could.

Isildur lost it totally not in public. And he also had health issues. Fatal ones.

Saruman started looking for it quite soon after his arrival to middle-earth, but he never found it so couldn't lose it.

5 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That was accident! Frodo was totally going to bring it back, but then Gollum tried to steal it and they fought and ... well ... seriously, accident. Noone wanted to dump it there. Also, Sauron's fault, in fact - the volcano wasn't OSHA compliant. There should've been railings there. Yeah, that's it. Remember, the volcano was where the ring was forget in first place.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

'Lose' it? That is an interesting interpretation of having some Numenórian punk MUG YOU AND CUT IT OFF YOUR HAND. During a home invasion, no less. Some people.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

That was accident! Frodo was totally going to bring it back, but then Gollum tried to steal it and they fought and ... well ... seriously, accident. Noone wanted to dump it there. Also, Sauron's fault, in fact - the volcano wasn't OSHA compliant. There should've been railings there. Yeah, that's it. Remember, the volcano was where the ring was forget in first place.

Okay, these are good points. That volcano was totally an unsafe work space. Also security was awful. Anyone could waltz right in. "The Eye of Sauron sees everything" my ass.

20 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

11 hours ago, Stature said:

Abraham's responsible for the enchantment on the now-blown-up-and-evaporated diamond. Not necessarily for the existence of it.

Alternative theory 3, compatible with either of the prior two: The golem wants to deny the power of the wooden core to humanity, because it's a wand with a particular spell that was anathema AND blasphemous (and a few other really bad things) according to the golem-makers' culture. That spell is...

... now what comic are you reading? Isn't it obvious? ...

sex-change magic.

50 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
4 hours ago, mlooney said:

'Lose' it? That is an interesting interpretation of having some Numenórian punk MUG YOU AND CUT IT OFF YOUR HAND. During a home invasion, no less. Some people.

Yeah. They should've remained on their island oh wait they couldn't Sauron was teasing Valar from it so long they sunk it.

50 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Okay, these are good points. That volcano was totally an unsafe work space. Also security was awful. Anyone could waltz right in. "The Eye of Sauron sees everything" my ass.

"Sees everything" ... well, yeah, but just one thing at once. Delegation and redundancy, that was missing.

36 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Alternative theory 3, compatible with either of the prior two: The golem wants to deny the power of the wooden core to humanity, because it's a wand with a particular spell that was anathema AND blasphemous (and a few other really bad things) according to the golem-makers' culture. That spell is...

... now what comic are you reading? Isn't it obvious? ...

sex-change magic.

... fantastic idea. And it means the golem will want to kill half of main cast for same reason, so perfect reason for conflict spawning hundreds of pages - oh wait this is supposed to finish quickly.

WAIT.

If we combine the "Uryuom inspiration" theory and "blasphemy" theory ... the golem is from the same religion which passed laws forbidding the CMD which was reworked into TF gun on Uryuom home planet. And we though it's just throwaway joke! Instead, we will now get the full explanation of issue, just like hammers were explained in hammerchlorians.

That's so good idea I would almost excuse it for the inevitable "both Uryuoms and fairies were influencing ancient legends as if only one wouldn't be much more reasons for it than necessary".

... maybe there was even war. We don't know if Uryuoms are protected by immortal law, do we? And fairies DEFINITELY wants sex change shenanigans ...

Edward: "You mean you KNEW about immortals"?

Lavender: "You mean immortals are fairies? They are still around?"

*picks communication device*: "Code 31, starts evacuation immediately, I repeat code 31!"

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah. They should've remained on their island oh wait they couldn't Sauron was teasing Valar from it so long they sunk it.

That was their own fault. Remember, they totally abducted the guy and hauled him there. If it had been me, I'd have done the exact same thing.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

"Sees everything" ... well, yeah, but just one thing at once. Delegation and redundancy, that was missing.

Weak organisation. Typical of CEOs who try to do everything themselves. Also look at all the health hazards around Mount Doom. That place needed an OSHA overhaul if any place ever did.

18 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That was their own fault. Remember, they totally abducted the guy and hauled him there. If it had been me, I'd have done the exact same thing.

Abducted? He surrendered without fight! It was trick, a trap.

Also, he totally hold grudge from the liberation of Eregion earlier.

(That was when Númenorians helped Gil-Galad liberate Eregion from Sauron's occupation.)

18 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:
29 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Weak organisation. Typical of CEOs who try to do everything themselves.

Exactly.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Abducted? He surrendered without fight! It was trick, a trap.

And they fell for it, too. Suckers deserved it.

3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, he totally hold grudge from the liberation of Eregion earlier.

(That was when Númenorians helped Gil-Galad liberate Eregion from Sauron's occupation.)

Look, that was all just a big misunderstanding. Sauron actually wanted to occupy the lands to the far south but he got the map turned upside down. It was a mistake anyone could have made.

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Look, that was all just a big misunderstanding. Sauron actually wanted to occupy the lands to the far south but he got the map turned upside down. It was a mistake anyone could have made.

Well, Sauron was a man,. Men don't ask for directions. It's in the man code. There's in-canon proof: Ellen, a woman no more than hours old, stopped to ask Phil for directions. Meanwhile, did either Tedd or Elliot ask for directions? For all we know they were in Canada by the time Hedge gave them a lift. And all this could been avoided if Tedd had remembered to design that belt to turn Elliot into a catgirl. Talk about a really stupid omission. Tedd should really do all his research as a girl. Maybe a catgirl, as long as there's no yarn or vacuum cleaners around.

1 minute ago, Tom Sewell said:

Well, Sauron was a man,. Men don't ask for directions. It's in the man code. There's in-canon proof: Ellen, a woman no more than hours old, stopped to ask Phil for directions. Meanwhile, did either Tedd or Elliot ask for directions? For all we know they were in Canada by the time Hedge gave them a lift. And all this could been avoided if Tedd had remembered to design that belt to turn Elliot into a catgirl. Talk about a really stupid omission. Tedd should really do all his research as a girl. Maybe a catgirl, as long as there's no yarn or vacuum cleaners around.

Yeah. This topic has come up before. Take Marco Polo, for example. He really meant to go to Madrid but he got turned around and before he knew it he was in China. And then there was Lewis and Clark. They just wanted a short trip to New York but then they took a 'short cut' because they wanted to dodge the New Jersey turnpike. And Columbus, man, Columbus. He was the worst of them all. He wanted to go to India and dude ended up in the Caribbean.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

And Columbus, man, Columbus. He was the worst of them all. He wanted to go to India and dude ended up in the Caribbean.

To be fair, Columbus didn't expect to run into another land mass. If the Americas weren't there, he'd have had a clear shot to India.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

To be fair, Columbus didn't expect to run into another land mass. If the Americas weren't there, he'd have had a clear shot to India.

Stupid continents and their drifting around. You'd swear they were deliberately trying to get in the way.