• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

Story, Wednesday May 2, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/index.php?id=2493

... who is that shadow? Does it mean it wasn't Ellen? Or it was Ellen and that shadow is independent? Or was Ellen shooting the beam and the shadow was doing the Groar?

... is the shadow one of the half-dragons we speculated about recently?

And Ellen definitely doesn't feel well.

... and her hair is green? Damn this would be good comics to be in color. Is that related to the thing humans can't have? It wasn't green just moment before ...

And where is Magus? Does he deals with the golem?

... this is definitely one of those "raises more questions than it answers" comics. In fact, did it answered ANY question?

31 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... this is definitely one of those "raises more questions than it answers" comics. In fact, did it answered ANY question?

Yes.

Once again, I am gravely disappointed. When, oh WHEN will we get the answer to the question "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could and would chuck wood?"

The gargoyle is Ellen. Look at the hair; it has those two tufts on the right side of her crown. Also, wearing pants. Apparently she has acquired the Teenagers From Outer Space knack of Monster Out.

And the light green hair? Kind of like the light green color of the Dewitchery Diamond...

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

The gargoyle is Ellen. Look at the hair; it has those two tufts on the right side of her crown. Also, wearing pants. Apparently she has acquired the Teenagers From Outer Space knack of Monster Out.

In other words, she has turned into a Pan Galactic Gargoyle Blaster? :danshiftyeyes:

39 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... and her hair is green? Damn this would be good comics to be in color. Is that related to the thing humans can't have? It wasn't green just moment before ...

Now I want to wish for my power to be to magically turn greyscale images into colour.

But my hypothesis is that Ellen's hair is a neon-esque green. FV5 beam color, perhaps?

(The reading says 200 and 152 for light and dark. Ashley's is not too far behind at 132)

8 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

In other words, she has turned into a Pan Galactic Gargoyle Blaster? :danshiftyeyes:

Notre Dame better be protected then. :icon_eek:

9 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

The background doesn't seem to completely match, but it's true the fog is only show around the shadow and around Ellen ... seems possible. And explains why noone is seeing the shadow afterwards ... and it could be interesting ... and would explain why the golem didn't wanted humans to have that.

However, the gargoyles Dan was watching aren't transformed humans, are they?

I wonder what lame monicker the web is going to pin on Ellen now. Gargoil? Gargrrrl? 

Possible future dialog: 

Witness #1: Look! Up in the sky!

Witness #2: It's a bird!

Witness #3: It's a plane!

Witness #4: It's a gargoyle!

Witness #5: And surprisingly, wearing pants.

Ellen: Hey! That's my line!

The silhuette reminds me more of a dragon than of a gargoyle.

But I actually think that it's some sort of demonic presence that was imprisoned within the diamond and now bonded with Ellen. That would also explain why the diamond caused so much trouble.

4 minutes ago, detrius said:

But I actually think that it's some sort of demonic presence that was imprisoned within the diamond and now bonded with Ellen. That would also explain why the diamond caused so much trouble.

Do you think it is... some sort of demonic duck? :icon_eek:

I think that was Ellen's Guardian Form.

Hmm...so if her GF is a Dragon, I guess that means she breathed the FV5 beam? It seems that way since there was the "Groar!" accompanying the beam.

It looks like Ellen might be the one to end up with old system magic after this is all said and done, probably from power seeping into her from the remnants of the Dewitchery Diamond.

I also think the silhouette looks dragon-ish, though I might be biased. I really like dragons.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Yes.

Once again, I am gravely disappointed. When, oh WHEN will we get the answer to the question "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could and would chuck wood?"

I've already told you, about a third of a solid wood door. :-)

Hmm. Light green's never really been a favourite anime hair colour of mine and I don't envision it really suiting Ellen, so I hope it looks better in Dan's mind's eye than mine.

That said, I'm not sure what it is (how they use their facial expressions?) but I get a vague but accurate sense of "that looks like Elliot/Ellen not Ellen/Elliot" when looking at the various panels, even before the difference in hair shades was brought to my attention... and that says many good things about how Dan's skill developed.

43 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dan made quite a point in the commentary that the effect on Ellen had nothing to do with Sirleck.

Perhaps even too much of a point?

Could this be an elaborate ruse?

Is this something that happens after a body snatcher departs?

Or maybe he knew that kind of thinking was going to happen and foolishly believed he could put a stop to it. He was wrong of course, this is the internet, where saying "not this" will always result in someone thinking "it must be this".

45 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dan made quite a point in the commentary that the effect on Ellen had nothing to do with Sirleck.

Perhaps even too much of a point?

Could this be an elaborate ruse?

Well, did the custodian lady's hair turn green?  What about the old man?

This is one case where I wish I had several strips to read at once (and not ending at this strip); not knowing what's going on is frustrating, as is knowing we'll have to wait at least two days if not more (depending on how long the explanations are going to take) to find out.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If you're referring to the 90s "Gargoyles" cartoon which Dan has referenced before, no, they were a separate species from humans. However there was one episode where the entire population of New York (including the Gargoyles' friend Elisa) were temporarily transformed into gargoyles by magic.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Hmm...so if her GF is a Dragon, I guess that means she breathed the FV5 beam? It seems that way since there was the "Groar!" accompanying the beam.

In which case Ellen's hair color change might be from her burning out. I like this idea; it's a lot less troubling for Ellen's future than my initial guess that Ellen absorbed some of the energy (and possibly one or more spirit) from the Diamond and it's changing her in unknown ways.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Don't tell me that you of all people don't know when this happens. It is clearly due to a botched attempt at mummification where they used too much green dye again. And not enough bandages.

The green certainly comes from the dewitchery "diamond". There is a really good chance that the magic was drawn to her because it created her. While I don't care about her hair color(other than curiosity at where Dan is taking that), but I hope the changes to her form aren't permanent. Her breasts are so large and her waist so small that she looks deformed.  I like fv5 on males as it enhances the sense of change, and is often used to lampoon the male social identity's more ridiculous aspects, though I'd really like to see more variety in the transformations and less of a focus on large breasts, but supersizing the already enhanced traits and doing so so often really takes away from the quality of the comic, in my opinion.

Just now, Wyrd42 said:

The green certainly comes from the dewitchery "diamond". There is a really good chance that the magic was drawn to her because it created her. While I don't care about her hair color(other than curiosity at where Dan is taking that), but I hope the changes to her form aren't permanent. Her breasts are so large and her waist so small that she looks deformed.  I like fv5 on males as it enhances the sense of change, and is often used to lampoon the male social identity's more ridiculous aspects, though I'd really like to see more variety in the transformations and less of a focus on large breasts, but supersizing the already enhanced traits and doing so so often really takes away from the quality of the comic, in my opinion.

The golem mentioning that Ellen having a lot of the kind of power that woke it and the other artifacts would be the same as Tara mentioning that Ellen had a "different kind of magic potential" so it wouldn't necessarily mean that Ellen absorbed any of the power after diamond shattered but that she already had the power because she was created by it.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, Wyrd42 said:

The golem mentioning that Ellen having a lot of the kind of power that woke it and the other artifacts would be the same as Tara mentioning that Ellen had a "different kind of magic potential" so it wouldn't necessarily mean that Ellen absorbed any of the power after diamond shattered but that she already had the power because she was created by it.

The golem was able to trace the power to its origin in an open, but otherwise nondescript crate, so they might be able to detect how the magical energy flowed from the Diamond's remains/core through the facility.

5 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

The golem was able to trace the power to its origin in an open, but otherwise nondescript crate, so they might be able to detect how the magical energy flowed from the Diamond's remains/core through the facility.

The energy was either floating around anyway, or the golem looked for another item with high amounts of it which could be determined as the source, still doesn't mean Ellen absorbed more of it.

12 hours ago, detrius said:

Dragons have usually bigger body. This might be half-dragon ... or gargoyle.

Demona_voice_actress_Marina_Sirtis_with_

9 hours ago, Drasvin said:

I also think the silhouette looks dragon-ish, though I might be biased. I really like dragons.

I like dragons too. However I must admit gargoyles looks dragon-ish as well.

(It is possible we wouldn't be sure if she's more like dragon or gargoyle even when we would get much better look at her form.)

But I actually think that it's some sort of demonic presence that was imprisoned within the diamond and now bonded with Ellen.

Or demon.

Remember: typical demon looks however it wants to.

Still, Ellen JUST got out of one possession ... and behaves much more like herself now. So, I don't think it will be full possession.

That would also explain why the diamond caused so much trouble.

The diamond didn't caused any higher amount of trouble than expected from something enchanted by amateur.

9 hours ago, Drasvin said:

It looks like Ellen might be the one to end up with old system magic after this is all said and done, probably from power seeping into her from the remnants of the Dewitchery Diamond.

I still didn't gave up on Ashley. BOTH could end up with old system magic.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

If you're referring to the 90s "Gargoyles" cartoon which Dan has referenced before, no, they were a separate species from humans. However there was one episode where the entire population of New York (including the Gargoyles' friend Elisa) were temporarily transformed into gargoyles by magic.

You probably know better which gargoyles Dan referenced before than me :) However the related sketch is here.

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:
10 hours ago, Scotty said:

In which case Ellen's hair color change might be from her burning out. I like this idea; it's a lot less troubling for Ellen's future than my initial guess that Ellen absorbed some of the energy (and possibly one or more spirit) from the Diamond and it's changing her in unknown ways.

Unfortunately the golem was pretty certain she absorbed some of the energy from the Diamond.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

.... ok, that would also be possible explanation. But I think something new happened to her and triggered the new form.