• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
hkmaly

Story, Wednesday May 2, 2018

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

.... ok, that would also be possible explanation. But I think something new happened to her and triggered the new form.

I recall that some people speculated that, after copying Nanase's guardian form, that Ellen would get her own version as well. It's also been hinted that Ellen hasn't read her spell book in a while either, so maybe the form's been available and she didn't know it?

The fate of these cookies hinges on what happens on Friday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that was all very serious, but I think the important point here is that, in addition to green hair, Ellen now has boobs the size of watermelons.

 

Also, I'd like to put 1 cookie on "Ellen just acquired all the curses the diamond 'cured' during it's existence" and another cookie on "Idiot apprentice wakes up again"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You probably know better which gargoyles Dan referenced before than me :) However the related sketch is here.

Assuming you're not being sarcastic or something, your search-fu is very good (or very lucky), as that image you posted was of someone cosplaying a character from the Gargoyles tv series I (and Dan in that link) was referring to.

7 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Well, that was all very serious, but I think the important point here is that, in addition to green hair, Ellen now has boobs the size of watermelons.

Until someone mentioned it here, I actually hadn't noticed. (But then I have a bad habit of reading so fast I miss things; I usually don't even realize I'm doing it.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Scotty said:
53 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

.... ok, that would also be possible explanation. But I think something new happened to her and triggered the new form.

I recall that some people speculated that, after copying Nanase's guardian form, that Ellen would get her own version as well. It's also been hinted that Ellen hasn't read her spell book in a while either, so maybe the form's been available and she didn't know it?

If that would be result of copying Nanase's guardian form, why it wouldn't be another angel?

42 minutes ago, Scotty said:

The fate of these cookies hinges on what happens on Friday!

Or Monday. Or next Friday. Or ... actually, this could take long to resolve, this arc can easily end up without ANY mention of this.

21 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Also, I'd like to put 1 cookie on "Ellen just acquired all the curses the diamond 'cured' during it's existence"

She doesn't look like werewolf.

21 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

and another cookie on "Idiot apprentice wakes up again"

That's almost certain, yes. Question is where they put him.

9 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
56 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

You probably know better which gargoyles Dan referenced before than me :) However the related sketch is here.

Assuming you're not being sarcastic or something, your search-fu is very good (or very lucky), as that image you posted was of someone cosplaying a character from the Gargoyles tv series I (and Dan in that link) was referring to.

It's from wikipedia. Second link in google after searching for Gargoyles. I suspect that there is just one noteworthy series about gargoyles ... there are obviously multiple movies, but only one series. However, if there would be some space for mistake, you would probably know better than me.

15 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
28 minutes ago, JustBecauseICantDraw said:

Well, that was all very serious, but I think the important point here is that, in addition to green hair, Ellen now has boobs the size of watermelons.

Until someone mentioned it here, I actually hadn't noticed. (But then I have a bad habit of reading so fast I miss things; I usually don't even realize I'm doing it.)

She's slouching AND she's pretty big even normally. Alternatively, maybe she accidently FV5 herself again ... but her hair length looks normal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

If that would be result of copying Nanase's guardian form, why it wouldn't be another angel?

Does it have to be an Angel though? It could easily be a variation tailored more toward's Ellen personality, and after experiencing what it was like, she could have wanted her own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

If that would be result of copying Nanase's guardian form, why it wouldn't be another angel?

Does it have to be an Angel though? It could easily be a variation tailored more toward's Ellen personality, and after experiencing what it was like, she could have wanted her own.

Guardian form PROBABLY doesn't need to be angel ; however, Ellen wouldn't know that and even if somebody told her, she would subconsciously gear towards another angel, I think.

It would be interesting what changes could she get compared to Nanase (my first idea was that her angel will be more skimpy clothed, but Nanase's guardian form doesn't actually change shape of clothes at all), but getting demon guardian form would be counterintuitive for her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scotty said:

The energy was either floating around anyway, or the golem looked for another item with high amounts of it which could be determined as the source, still doesn't mean Ellen absorbed more of it.

We have the diamond's remains evaporating, a single crate very near Ellen appears to be the only crate that was open prior to the golem and wand emerging, and text from that golem showing that the wave of magic that awoke it, the wand, and the bird mostly flowed into Ellen. That the color has no connection to a mysteriously colored gem that is called a diamond despite being green seems to be stretching things a bit too much.  I'm all for watching what is actually said  in the comic and for checking your assumptions, but there is a limit to how much we can avoid speculation. I could easily be wrong, but that's why I say "almost". My opinion on the color's source is based as much on knowing Dan's writing styles as what is literally said in the strip, but the amount of emphasis he's given on the DD's colors and on Ellen's new hair color, despite the massively added complexity of color based hints in a greyscale comic seems to be either an exploding barrel of red herrings or to actually be connected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no objection to green hair, except that Dan just used how hard it is to color-coordinate with green as an excuse to change Ashley's hair color!  Ashley had dibs, darnit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wyrd42 said:

We have the diamond's remains evaporating, a single crate very near Ellen appears to be the only crate that was open prior to the golem and wand emerging, and text from that golem showing that the wave of magic that awoke it, the wand, and the bird mostly flowed into Ellen. That the color has no connection to a mysteriously colored gem that is called a diamond despite being green seems to be stretching things a bit too much.  I'm all for watching what is actually said  in the comic and for checking your assumptions, but there is a limit to how much we can avoid speculation. I could easily be wrong, but that's why I say "almost". My opinion on the color's source is based as much on knowing Dan's writing styles as what is literally said in the strip, but the amount of emphasis he's given on the DD's colors and on Ellen's new hair color, despite the massively added complexity of color based hints in a greyscale comic seems to be either an exploding barrel of red herrings or to actually be connected.

 

I think the golem just assumed that Ellen absorbed energy from it, but like I said before, Tara could detect that Ellen's energy was different from Elliot's, even Abraham stated that Ellen's aura, while hard for him to tell, was different enough (either because Ellen was still human and all other "monster" had clear enough auras different from their origin, or Abraham wasn't as good at telling auras apart like Tara), Magus even stated earlier that he was comparing Ellen's energy to what was around him to find the diamond. So it seems pretty clear that she already had that energy long before the diamond was shattered. The fact that she happened to be in view of the golem when it was checking it's surroundings was probably coincidental.

As for her hair colour, I still think Dan's commentary about it is a good hint, the fact that he's drawing attention to it feels like a reminder, like "remember, it's canon for this to happen after someone does a thing."

3 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have no objection to green hair, except that Dan just used how hard it is to color-coordinate with green as an excuse to change Ashley's hair color!  Ashley had dibs, darnit!

Ellen's is light green, Ashley's was dark green, of course it probably doesn't matter if Ellen's colour isn't permanent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yet another magic hair color change, and still not even one magic eye color change.  Why mention it repeatedly if it's never gonna happen?

Dan's stated on Reddit that Ellen's eyes might have turned yellow as well. Now that, I have no explanation for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have no objection to green hair, except that Dan just used how hard it is to color-coordinate with green as an excuse to change Ashley's hair color!  Ashley had dibs, darnit!

Actually Liz had dibs. Remember Liz when she was in color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the green hair is just a cosmetic effect, then it really doesn't matter to the story because there are so many ways of dealing with this situation that have already been established.

No, for Dan to make a point about green hair at this point in the comic, it can only mean one thing.

Ellen can now perform photosynthesis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have no objection to green hair, except that Dan just used how hard it is to color-coordinate with green as an excuse to change Ashley's hair color!  Ashley had dibs, darnit!

Ashley STILL has green hair color! There was no color canon comics disproving that! :)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I have no objection to green hair, except that Dan just used how hard it is to color-coordinate with green as an excuse to change Ashley's hair color!  Ashley had dibs, darnit!

Ellen's is light green, Ashley's was dark green, of course it probably doesn't matter if Ellen's colour isn't permanent.

Also yes, it's totally different shade of green.

3 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Yet another magic hair color change, and still not even one magic eye color change.  Why mention it repeatedly if it's never gonna happen?

It's sort of hard to show when you need closeup on someone's face for it.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Dan's stated on Reddit that Ellen's eyes might have turned yellow as well. Now that, I have no explanation for.

Sigh. Why he's always stating things where I don't read it?

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Ellen can now perform photosynthesis.

Unless it's magical, it wouldn't matter. The amount of energy you get from photosynthesis is minimal. That's why cows, instead of being green, eat grass ... from area much bigger than their body.

Of course, with magic, you can get enough energy from photosynthesis to grow several meters of branch in few seconds and then move it as if it has bones and muscles in. ... still, I would prefer Ellen being part dragon to part plant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Servant of Tara Gilesbie said:

Someone added colors to the final panel. Don't know how close it is to Dan's vision, but it helps me visualize it a little better.

They updated it after I pointed out Dan's reddit post about the eyes.

GreeeeenEyes.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now