• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
exterminator

Wednesday, October 26 2016

3 hours ago, ijuin said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, this girl is very different from the girl Tedd changed into (which Sarah didn't actually saw ...) which can also count as inaccurate.

14 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm some what impressed.  Girly!Tedd!Sarah is recognizably both Tedd and Sarah.

I think it may be based on how Sarah imagines a girly form for Tedd.

Sarah has seen Tedd in various female forms before, so this one is either one she's seen (but we haven't) or yeah, Sarah just imagined a random female form that she felt suited Tedd.

The latter does have implications of how well Sarah has gotten to know Tedd over the past year.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Sarah has seen Tedd in various female forms before, so this one is either one she's seen (but we haven't) or yeah, Sarah just imagined a random female form that she felt suited Tedd.

The latter does have implications of how well Sarah has gotten to know Tedd over the past year.

I think it must be something like this, given that there isn't much of Sarah in the "girlified" Tedd form,  That or is Sarah's subconscious showing us a bit of how she wishes she looked?

1 minute ago, Circe said:

That or is Sarah's subconscious showing us a bit of how she wishes she looked?

Considering the body she's currently in. That would give a completely different set of implications.

Hmm, you know, there haven't actually been anything that shows that she can't use other people's abilities (rather than just imagining them). Last comic had her question why she didn't see herself glowing, but she wasn't using any spells in the simulation, so of course she wouldn't glow, and this comic she didn't even try to use Tedd's mark. This feels like a red herring, Dan is trying to make us think that she can't simulate abilities, without actually showing it.

6 minutes ago, lonjil said:

Hmm, you know, there haven't actually been anything that shows that she can't use other people's abilities (rather than just imagining them). Last comic had her question why she didn't see herself glowing, but she wasn't using any spells in the simulation, so of course she wouldn't glow, and this comic she didn't even try to use Tedd's mark. This feels like a red herring, Dan is trying to make us think that she can't simulate abilities, without actually showing it.

I don't think he would do that. The best Sarah could probably do is simulate abilities that produce a visual effect, like morphing, although what Sarah did wasn't really a morph, it seemed more like an instant change that the gradual morphs Dan has shown us. Granted it might have been due to a lack of panel space, but I think if Dan truly wanted us to know she could use other people's abilities, he'd have made it more clear if it was a proper morph.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

I don't think he would do that. The best Sarah could probably do is simulate abilities that produce a visual effect, like morphing, although what Sarah did wasn't really a morph, it seemed more like an instant change that the gradual morphs Dan has shown us. Granted it might have been due to a lack of panel space, but I think if Dan truly wanted us to know she could use other people's abilities, he'd have made it more clear if it was a proper morph.

Oh no, I don't think Sarah did a proper morph, since she thinks she can't. Whether or not she can is up for the future though.

21 hours ago, Scotty said:

I doubt the spells themselves were like "I have no idea why Elliot has us, but we were told he should."

Maybe they do. It's similar how Pandora was able to find that Ashley can't be marked with transformations because being too good.

" I've probably made the analogy before, but Tedd is able to see a sort of blueprint for how a spell works. Some can be looked at and make sense at a glance. Others require a closer look, or might just be baffling altogether. "

To me, this actually suggest that in some case he can recognize meaning of element even if he sees it first time ... just not always.

I think if Tedd had seen Cranium's spell in action at some point, even if they aren't the exact same spell, they might share some similar elements that would have helped Tedd piece together what Sarah's spell is doing, as it is, he might need Sarah to use the spell several more times to let him get a good look at everything, fortunately she does have to use the spell a lot so...maybe Sarah should share Grace's room for the week? ;)

Not sure if comparing with Cranium would help. I think he just needs more experiments AND maybe Sarah saying what she will be doing in the simulation instead of improvising.

Tedd is unlikely to get any progress while sleeping and she can already visit in other time even without sharing room with Grace. But if you would suggest to them, I'm not going to help them rejecting :)

6 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, lonjil said:

This might be less red herring and more Dan trying to NOT make red herring but failing.

There aren't many abilities which wouldn't be possible to "fake" using direct change. Generally, what she will fail to reproduce would be LIMITS of those abilities.

... It just struck me that this power is like a really limited lucid dream.

If she can do more than just transform her avatars, and as commentary Dan suggests, it's basically a Holodeck...

Now I get how this could be high powered. Not just a simulation. Processing vast changes as if they were real in a simulation?

Depends what happens later... And how real things are within the hangtime simulation doodad.

Come to think of it, is she breathing real air in her 'real' world or the illusory air in the sim? I'd assume the former while she thinks she's doing the latter...

6 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

Come to think of it, is she breathing real air in her 'real' world or the illusory air in the sim? I'd assume the former while she thinks she's doing the latter...

Definitely real, although I would prefer if Grace wouldn't test it with sleeper's hold. She is, however, smelling the illusory air.

49 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe they do. It's similar how Pandora was able to find that Ashley can't be marked with transformations because it's too good.

I think it was a simple canceling out not really due to the magic system itself, but how Immortals themselves can give marks, Ashley yearned for the ability to transform herself and others, but the fact that she would refused to use such a power recklessly was stronger than the yearning. Pandora would have been looking at Ashley's personality to know this. If Tedd did that with Elliot, then Tedd probably is on his way to becoming an Immortal.

To me, this actually suggest that in some case he can recognize meaning of element even if he sees it first time ... just not always.

There are likely some elements that are obvious. Tedd could probably see the links between elements and be like "Ok so this does something to this, but what does that do?"

Maybe in the case of Elliot, Tedd noticed that there were elements missing in his morphing ability, elements that allowed for male forms, and wondered why that would be the case.

Not sure if comparing with Cranium would help. I think he just needs more experiments AND maybe Sarah saying what she will be doing in the simulation instead of improvising.

There really isn't a whole lot we know about Craniums ability beyond her being able to observe locations without being there and the example showing her standing outside a men's locker room. It's possible that she enters a simulated snapshot of the area around her and is skilled enough that she can move around efficiently and be able to scan for enchants without affecting the accuracy of the simulation, but that's just speculation based on the fact that people were quick to say that Cranium was the person with Sarah's spell that Edward found that was strongarmed into DGB.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Maybe they do. It's similar how Pandora was able to find that Ashley can't be marked with transformations because it's too good.

I think it was a simple canceling out not really due to the magic system itself, but how Immortals themselves can give marks, Ashley yearned for the ability to transform herself and others, but the fact that she would refused to use such a power recklessly was stronger than the yearning. Pandora would have been looking at Ashley's personality to know this. If Tedd did that with Elliot, then Tedd probably is on his way to becoming an Immortal.

Well, people keep speculating about that for long time :)

(Checked the page and yes Pandora was reading personality there according to Dan's comments. I though she's reading the "possible spells" directly or something.)

53 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

There are likely some elements that are obvious. Tedd could probably see the links between elements and be like "Ok so this does something to this, but what does that do?"

Maybe in the case of Elliot, Tedd noticed that there were elements missing in his morphing ability, elements that allowed for male forms, and wondered why that would be the case.

He might be able to see relation between Elliot's spells or something like that, which would make apparent that the spells are related by the "girl" aspect ... I mean, even more obviously than the fact they are all girl transformations.

Hmmmm ...

I suspect that we will get some more information about Tedd's glowing later. It seems like something which was not properly explained yet.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

There really isn't a whole lot we know about Craniums ability beyond her being able to observe locations without being there and the example showing her standing outside a men's locker room. It's possible that she enters a simulated snapshot of the area around her and is skilled enough that she can move around efficiently and be able to scan for enchants without affecting the accuracy of the simulation

Wasn't she actually scanning for enchants or did she just checked that people look normally?

If she was, was scanning for enchants part of her original spell or is that extension spell similar to how Nanase got fairy punch upgrade?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

based on the fact that people were quick to say that Cranium was the person with Sarah's spell that Edward found that was strongarmed into DGB.

I'm still saying it's more likely that Pandora didn't meant "same spell" literally than that there is OTHER agent who knows Edward and has similar spell as Cranium. But maybe DGB only LOOKS as small agency and they actually have lot of agents.

1 hour ago, RainbowWizard said:

Both, in a sense.

Her real body is breathing real air. probably at a reduced rate considering it isn't doing much, while her spellscape (I'm not sure "illusion" is quite the right word) body is breathing spellscape air at a rate appropriate to what she's doing in the spellscape.

Imagine if she were confined in an airtight space with a limited air supply such that she'll become non-functional after ten minutes. She can spend 20 seconds on each five-minute attempt to escape (or at least improve her air supply), in the spellscape, until she finds one that works - then repeat that attempt in the real world.

2 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Wasn't she actually scanning for enchants or did she just checked that people look normally?

If she was, was scanning for enchants part of her original spell or is that extension spell similar to how Nanase got fairy punch upgrade?

She reported that any enchantment on the punch was gone, which meant she would have scanned for enchantments somehow.

Yeah it could be an addon ability. Still not ruling out the theory that spells can have different configurations between people.

12 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I'm still saying it's more likely that Pandora didn't meant "same spell" literally than that there is OTHER agent who knows Edward and has similar spell as Cranium. But maybe DGB only LOOKS as small agency and they actually have lot of agents.

Pandora specifically said "The last person he found with your spell" which would mean exact same spell and not a variant. Of course Pandora could have exaggerated the truth somewhat but yeah, I wasn't one of those that immediately thought of Cranium, heck, I still think that her spell is more of a mind projection, allowing her to view a location in real time, rather than creating a snapshot, but again, we don't have much info to verify any of it.

27 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Still not ruling out the theory that spells can have different configurations between people.

I think it can, but ... Sarah's spell is already S-rank. Having configuration which would be even MORE useful seems unlikely, so unless there is some way in which Cranium spell is less useful ...

Pandora specifically said "The last person he found with your spell" which would mean exact same spell and not a variant. Of course Pandora could have exaggerated the truth somewhat

Yeah. On the other hand, if she meant literally the "accurate recreation" part ...

As I said, it's based on the general "world is small" view ... and it would be more fun if, after some time, when Edward Verres finds out, Sarah would confront him and mentions this and Edward would reply "well, that's technically true, you already met agent Cranium".

(Assumed, of course, that she will meet Cranium between now and then, because so far, only Grace, Ellen, Elliot and Nanase did. As far as we know.)

And it's less crazy than other "world is small"-based speculations like Voltaire being Pandora and Disco Wizard being Edward.

I still think that her spell is more of a mind projection, allowing her to view a location in real time, rather than creating a snapshot

That might be easier and make the spell not-S-rank ...

we don't have much info to verify any of it.

Definitely. And it will probably take years before we get answer on this. If ever.

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Considering the body she's currently in. That would give a completely different set of implications.

Well, the long hair and boobs/curves being Nanase-class is probably something that Sarah would want, given her earlier expressions of envy.

10 hours ago, ijuin said:
On 10/27/2016 at 5:12 PM, Scotty said:

Well, the long hair and boobs/curves being Nanase-class is probably something that Sarah would want, given her earlier expressions of envy.

It is, however, also what she is generally used to see on her friends, which explains the envy. It's not only Nanase, EVERYONE she knows seem to have bigger boobs than her, at least when female. And the hairs are totally Ellen.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

It is, however, also what she is generally used to see on her friends, which explains the envy. It's not only Nanase, EVERYONE she knows seem to have bigger boobs than her, at least when female. And the hairs are totally Ellen.

Point of information, Tedd's default female form via just his magic mark with no extras applied has smaller boobs than Sarah.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Point of information, Tedd's default female form via just his magic mark with no extras applied has smaller boobs than Sarah.

Like I said, this seems more like the Triple Girly Tedd pinup, but with the hair down instead of in pigtails. If you look at the bangs, they're only slightly longer but still comparable to Tedd's male form bangs.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:
6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

You mean the form which Sarah possibly saw but certainly didn't noticed it's woman? She missed the relevation. So, I'm not counting that.