• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

NP Monday May 14, 2018

I really like that the first thing Susan does with her newfound comfort with physical contact to go show her appreciation for her employer. Tensaided has embraced her quirks, from segregating the Star Trek movies to using hand sanitizer immediately after shaking his hand.  He got her to do the review show with Elliot, which opened a lot of doors for her.  She's known him a lot longer than many of the Main 8 (or 9 or 12 or whatever), and it's nice to see she knows how important to her he's been!

Just now, CritterKeeper said:

I really like that the first thing Susan does with her newfound comfort with physical contact to go show her appreciation for her employer. Tensaided has embraced her quirks, from segregating the Star Trek movies to using hand sanitizer immediately after shaking his hand.  He got her to do the review show with Elliot, which opened a lot of doors for her.  She's known him a lot longer than many of the Main 8 (or 9 or 12 or whatever), and it's nice to see she knows how important to her he's been!

It makes me wonder if Susan had considered Tensaided as a father figure for the past while that she's worked for him. As you've stated about him embracing Susan's quirks, she's put up with his quirks as well. Just like Justin, Elliot and Tedd, Tensaided could have been another example that not all men are bad, she likely never felt the need to hammer him at any point.

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Do you mind if I use this quote on the Tv Tropes heartwarming page for the comic?

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

she likely never felt the need to hammer him at any point.

Given how Mr. d10 acted to Larry when he was being a jerk to Sarah during the card game arc, I strongly suspect that Tensaided never did any thing to Susan, or any other woman that would result in hammers.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given how Mr. d10 acted to Larry when he was being a jerk to Sarah during the card game arc, I strongly suspect that Tensaided never did any thing to Susan, or any other woman that would result in hammers.

He is the quintessence of what I like to refer to as 'a nerd and a gentleman.' I have known several of these, one of whom actually looked startlingly like Mr. Tensaided himself. This gentleman comported himself with impeccable dignity and kindness to everybody around him, was always helpful and boasted an encyclopaedic knowledge of British history as well as Dr. Who. And had a Dr. Who collection comprised of every VHS tape he could find. This was before the DVD broke through so I can only assume that he saved a lot of room just a couple of years or three later.

31 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now how do we get Mirror Universe Susan to interact with Main Story Susan in canon?

And I don't mean fairy dolls or personifications of personality traits.

We technically have a mirror Susan in the form of Diane, but aside from that, it really shouldn't be that difficult for a true MU Susan to exist considering we've already had Elliot facing off with Magus, and there's the various Tedds of course.

15 hours ago, Stature said:

I like the insets. Then again, it drops exponentially when it comes to "evil twin", as Susan is the evil twin (used very loosely).

While from some point of view you can say Tiffany is the good twin and Susan the evil one, the implications are rather unfortunate.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

We technically have a mirror Susan in the form of Diane, but aside from that, it really shouldn't be that difficult for a true MU Susan to exist considering we've already had Elliot facing off with Magus, and there's the various Tedds of course.

Of course, Tensaided doesn't know it, but Diane could easily do this in canon with simple hair dye (which she can get from Susan) ... and Grace can do it whenever she wants to, and whoever gets hand on Susan's form (as watches or TF gun) too.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I am not sure what the problem is. I find all of Tensaided's hypothesises eminently plausible.

We already addressed the evil twin hypothesis, now the mind control is sort of true although reached by magic and not technology ...

... although I'm surprised he didn't included the Polywater intoxication in his list, which would also be sort of true.

On 5/14/2018 at 3:00 AM, Stature said:

I like the insets. Then again, it drops exponentially when it comes to "evil twin", as Susan is the evil twin (used very loosely).

The only "popular" sort of theory I don't see is "alien mind control spores", and in fairness that would be difficult to express visually, in such a small space. ;-)

2 hours ago, T'Renn said:

The only "popular" sort of theory I don't see is "alien mind control spores", and in fairness that would be difficult to express visually, in such a small space. ;-)

22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

and Grace can do it whenever she wants to

A shapeshifter pretending to be Susan would certainly be another option, with Grace being the most likely candidate, because she knows Tensaided as well.

8 hours ago, Scotty said:

A shapeshifter pretending to be Susan would certainly be another option, with Grace being the most likely candidate, because she knows Tensaided as well.

He knows Grace, but does he know Grace is a shapeshifter? I don't remember him discovering that, and I don't have time to trawl half the archive to find out tonight. :-(

3 minutes ago, T'Renn said:

He knows Grace, but does he know Grace is a shapeshifter? I don't remember him discovering that, and I don't have time to trawl half the archive to find out tonight. :-(

I really doubt it. All Tensaided suspects Grace of would be standard stuff, like being a Cylon, or a vampire, or possibly a pod person.

49 minutes ago, T'Renn said:
9 hours ago, Scotty said:

In canon continuity he obviously doesn't know, so the question would be about GENERAL shapeshifter and only we know that Grace would fit that role.

Out of continuity, however ... isn't it him here? He MIGHT noticed some of Grace's experiments with change blindness ...

On 14/05/2018 at 8:32 PM, Scotty said:

It makes me wonder if Susan had considered Tensaided as a father figure for the past while that she's worked for him. As you've stated about him embracing Susan's quirks, she's put up with his quirks as well. Just like Justin, Elliot and Tedd, Tensaided could have been another example that not all men are bad, she likely never felt the need to hammer him at any point.

Also of note is that she started working for him before she grew out of her men-hating phase. Raised my eyebrow when I first realised that.

12 hours ago, partner555 said:

Also of note is that she started working for him before she grew out of her men-hating phase. Raised my eyebrow when I first realised that.

Gamers: the unappreciated positive role-models...  :)