• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Stature

Story Wednesday May 16, 2018

39 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Enterprise itself (meaning, constitution, excelsior, ambassador, galaxy or sovereign class starship) can NEVER land on planet without needing severe repairs afterwards. Voyager was exception in this regard. The issue wasn't special effect to shown landing of Enterprise, but landing of a shuttle and the fact they were not able to get a model soon enough - they later get one for sixteenth episode.

Star Trek was pretty clearly inspired by a Fifties movie, Forbidden Planet, where a ship the size of the Enterprise does land on a planet. It only had to land on one planet.

It's not (just) about size, it's about shape.

42 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Dan never said he DOESN'T have Lord Tedd in plan. What he said that he shown him too soon. He's probably supposed to be some sort of final boss.

Nope. He's meant to be Darth Vader, the bad guy who turns away from the Dark Side

Right. General Shade Tail will be the final boss.

4 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Nope. He's meant to be Darth Vader, the bad guy who turns away from the Dark Side. I haven't decided whether Voltaire is Palpatine or Snoke.

As far as I am concerned, he is Dark Helmet. He doesn't deserve to be Colonel Sandurz anymore.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

But Dan keeps going back to Lord Tedd and Ellen's Second Life, so either he's got something worked out now and is just waiting for the opportunity to get to it, or he's stubbornly hoping that if he continues to reference it, it'll help with the brainstorming.

Either way they have now been a dangling plot thread for almost a decade and a half. I am not saying that they have harmed the storyline any, merely that they have been an irritation for a long time. Which means they got introduced too soon.

On 5/18/2018 at 0:51 AM, The Old Hack said:

Snoke was a Palpatine wannabe. Palpatine was the real thing.

So then the question of which one Voltaire is would be the question of whether he's the real thing or an imitation?

3 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

So then the question of which one Voltaire is would be the question of whether he's the real thing or an imitation?

He is definitely Snoke. He has all these involved plans and they keep going exactly wrong. Palpatine's plans worked. At least until that goldarn Jedi returned.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

He is definitely Snoke. He has all these involved plans and they keep going exactly wrong. Palpatine's plans worked. At least until that goldarn Jedi returned.

Voltaire assumed the total number of seers is close to total number of eligible seers. He was wrong by three orders of magnitude. Palpatine's only mistake was missing TWO Jedis out of thousands. Imagine if Palpatine executed order 66 and only few dozens Jedis were killed, with the rest arresting him and taking control of the Empire. That's how bad Voltaire is.