• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Need to keep in mind that this is last year, comic time.    However it's roughly 6 months after Rhoda and Catalina started dating.   While I am several generations older than them, and understand that the rules seemed to have changed in the last 40 years, and I'm straight, I have a little problem with not seeing each other naked part yet.  Just based on my personal experience.   Granted my experience was during the pre AIDS disco era, which I'm sure has a lot to do with it.

42 minutes ago, Douglas said:

I'm wondering if Rhoda's going to focus too much on the final "it will be mutual" sentiment, resulting in shrinking both of them out of their clothes. That would certainly heighten the hijinks factor.

I'm not wondering.

(♪ Yo-ou're filled with DETERMINATION ♪)

...careful what you wish for...
The spell could affect both of them, leaving them to (hurriedly) choose where to hide and for how long, and hiding out together is romantic...

Alternatively, since she is focused on the clothes, it may result in Rhoda's clothes shrinking to the point of ripping, even while Rhoda stays regular-size.

13 hours ago, Douglas said:

I'm wondering if Rhoda's going to focus too much on the final "it will be mutual" sentiment, resulting in shrinking both of them out of their clothes. That would certainly heighten the hijinks factor.

I suppose they'll also both end up fuzzified.

"Can't wear your clothes because they're too small/large? A coat of fur will keep you warm and help you feel less exposed." [/Catalina logic]

(we also don't know how to what extent Catalina's powers can enfuzzen people)

Just now, mlooney said:

Need to keep in mind that this is last year, comic time.    However it's roughly 6 months after Rhoda and Catalina started dating.   While I am several generations older than them, and understand that the rules seemed to have changed in the last 40 years, and I'm straight, I have a little problem with not seeing each other naked part yet.  Just based on my personal experience.   Granted my experience was during the pre AIDS disco era, which I'm sure has a lot to do with it.

I think the fact that they hadn't seen each other naked yet should have been implied by the blushing when Rhoda was describing the time she ate a cookie she enlarged.

I'm not sure it's rules that have changed, or just different per region, or just different per person. Dating and how couple progress in a relationship is certainly portrayed differently on TV now than it was 40 years ago, I know back in the late 80's an 90's there was a focus on trying to get teens to make responsible decisions about dating and teen pregnancy and stuff, which I think influenced Dan to a degree here and especially when he created Elliot. I know in real life though is not very consistent, I knew of a few girls that got pregnant around here before they finished 8th grade, and a few others before finishing High School, then again I'm in a small town where there isn't much to do to keep kids out of trouble so many end up going out, finding someone to buy them booze and then getting drunk and having sex.

The kids who have sex in high school get much more attention, but there definitely are people who graduate from high school, or even college, still virgins.  For some it's religion, for some it's upbringing, for some it's a strong desire not to get pregnant, or even feeling that it's more than a casual thing to do and not wanting to make that big a commitment when they'll be going off to college (or out into the real world) soon.  And of course, there are varying levels of sex drive, and thus varying degrees of pressure to take that step.  For every statistic you hear abiut how X% of teenagers are having sex, there are (100-X)% who are not having sex.

Granted, a few of the reasons, like pregnancy, wouldn't apply to lesbians, but all of the issues related to emotions and maturity and commitment would still apply here.

(I still have a pet theory that Tedd and Grace have not gone nearly as far physically as most people assume.  Ellen and Nanase, on the other hand, have crossed that line, and enough others to make a proper zebra crosswalk....)

6 hours ago, WR...S said:
6 hours ago, Douglas said:

I'm not wondering.

(♪ Yo-ou're filled with DETERMINATION ♪)

Agree. It's obviously set up for both getting shrunk.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

For some it's religion, for some it's upbringing, for some it's a strong desire not to get pregnant, or even feeling that it's more than a casual thing to do and not wanting to make that big a commitment when they'll be going off to college (or out into the real world) soon.

For some it's WoW ... ok, that's actually directly from some joke, but computer games MIGHT keep more people from sex nowadays compared to "disco era".

Granted, a few of the reasons, like pregnancy, wouldn't apply to lesbians, but all of the issues related to emotions and maturity and commitment would still apply here.

Note that just seeing each other naked doesn't result in pregnancy even in heterosexual relationships.

Personally I would say Rhoda is just too shy to progress faster.

I still have a pet theory that Tedd and Grace have not gone nearly as far physically as most people assume.

I think I'm "most people" on this.

Ellen and Nanase, on the other hand, have crossed that line, and enough others to make a proper zebra crosswalk....

Definitely. Nanase is too bad resisting temptation. Also, with the amount of people she was dating, she either already had sex BEFORE Elliot or at least spent lot of time thinking about it. And Ellen has increased libido and memories of having sex with Archie. I suspect there was some line crossing directly on the birthday party. Or the morning after.

42 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

For some it's WoW ... ok, that's actually directly from some joke, but computer games MIGHT keep more people from sex nowadays compared to "disco era".

I know that's not always the case, I've had several guildmates at some point or another bail on a dungeon run because their girlfiend, boyfriend, husband, or wife called them to bed.

Then again there was also the guild leader who bragged about being given an object resembling a thornless cactus from another guildmember....but then we also joked that she broke his...well thats probably enough detail there. ;)

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I know that's not always the case, I've had several guildmates at some point or another bail on a dungeon run because their girlfiend, boyfriend, husband, or wife called them to bed.

Then again there was also the guild leader who bragged about being given an object resembling a thornless cactus from another guildmember....but then we also joked that she broke his...well thats probably enough detail there. ;)

Those damned casuals! :P

3 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

If shear determination can fuel magic, Catalina and her clothes are about to be subject to quantum mechanics. . .  and not just in a statistical way.

They always are. What you expect will change? That they will get into visible superposition?

Note: I suspect that shear determination CAN fuel magic. See here.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:
5 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

If shear determination can fuel magic, Catalina and her clothes are about to be subject to quantum mechanics. . .  and not just in a statistical way.

They always are. What you expect will change? That they will get into visible superposition?

Note: I suspect that shear determination CAN fuel magic. See here.

Also when Ellen zapped Vlad. Ellen was determined to protect Nanase which may have affected the beam.

However, this is a case where there's supposed to be hijinks, so Rhoda may or may not get what she wants.

Or maybe she actually succeeds which further surprises Pandora. Makes you wonder who the will of magic likes to troll the most, mortals or Immortals.

It's becoming a pattern really:

"Self transformation blindness is stronger than other people's change blindness" "huh, she noticed first."

"Rhoda will talk her out of this crazy plan" "wait, she's going to go along with it?"

Next is:

"The spell can't affect multiple things." "she did it? how?!?"

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Or maybe she actually succeeds which further surprises Pandora. Makes you wonder who the will of magic likes to troll the most, mortals or Immortals.

Immortals live longer, there is more opportunities to troll them. :)

You say it like the magic has to choose. The correct answer is always "troll both", of course.

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

However, this is a case where there's supposed to be hijinks, so Rhoda may or may not get what she wants.

She might get more than she wants. Like, successfully shrink Catalina, her clothes and herself. Maybe even her OWN clothes ... or not :)

37 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

She might get more than she wants. Like, successfully shrink Catalina, her clothes and herself. Maybe even her OWN clothes ... or not :)

Well we know a persons thoughts can affect the results of spells, it's happened to Elliot on several occasions, Gracelyn and Cheerleadra 2.0 being prime examples, the fact that Rhoda said "and it will be mutual!" might trigger it to affect them both.

14 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well we know a persons thoughts can affect the results of spells, it's happened to Elliot on several occasions, Gracelyn and Cheerleadra 2.0 being prime examples, the fact that Rhoda said "and it will be mutual!" might trigger it to affect them both.

That is what I am expecting.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Exactly. Although I would list Mall girl as prime example :)

10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Exactly. Although I would list Mall girl as prime example :)

Well, Elliot's standard female morph in general is apparently difficult for him to get exactly what he wants, which is why he opted to keep it a simple as possible for when he was burning off excess energy.