• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

NP Monday May 28 2018

So, what they called Carol from this time? I mean, she didn't even had time to put on lipstick properly ...

And she had bad luck of not finding anyone who would point out people transform around Kitty. Well, maybe the "mom I'm in TV" catgirl will tell her now.

Did she get both shrink-with-clothes and shrink-without-clothes variants of the spell without noticing?

... is the cameraman now catgirl too?

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

So, what they called Carol from this time? I mean, she didn't even had time to put on lipstick properly ...

I think it's to convey Carol's lips moving as she talks though. Take a video that show's someone talking and pause it mid sentence, there's a chance you'll get a freeze frame of their mouth open similarly.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I think it's to convey Carol's lips moving as she talks though. Take a video that show's someone talking and pause it mid sentence, there's a chance you'll get a freeze frame of their mouth open similarly.

I know what it's supposed to convey. I still don't think people's lips get this asymmetrical when talking.

8 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I am so ready for Dan to move on to the next thing...

I hope someone catches and stops Kitty.

Like, sure, this is out of continuity so she technically CAN transform people left and right, but it still feels like she overdid it.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:
12 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

I am so ready for Dan to move on to the next thing...

I hope someone catches and stops Kitty.

What just popped into my head: Goonmanji 2 ends without Kitty being stopped. Some time later, in a different non-canon story she shows up and starts transforming people, and they have to explain to her that the transformation rampage is over.

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

...this is out of continuity so she technically CAN transform people left and right, but it still feels like she overdid it.

What if Dan is using this part of the story as an excuse to bring back EVERY character who ever appeared in EGS for a random transformation?

For those keeping track of these things, Kitty is an Awakened magic user. I asked about this on patreon.  Kitty has apparently been vigorously training with her mark spell and has Awakened.

6 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

For those keeping track of these things, Kitty is an Awakened magic user. I asked about this on patreon.  Kitty has apparently been vigorously training with her mark spell and has Awakened.

Link? Or is that not public?

Actually, it was already implied at reddit ... but if the wording is better it would still be useful.

EDIT: I see ... so the same wording. And note that she may NOT awakened yet due to not being summer yet.

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Link? Or is that not public?

Actually, it was already implied at reddit ... but if the wording is better it would still be useful.

EDIT: I see ... so the same wording. And note that she may NOT awakened yet due to not being summer yet.

Kitty's awakening is bearing down on the EGS world like a mack truck....  :)

14 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:

Kitty's awakening is bearing down on the EGS world like a mack truck....  :)

Someone should tell Arthur that he has deadline. Although I suppose he would operate knowing the risk someone like Kitty appears already.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Someone should tell Arthur that he has deadline. Although I suppose he would operate knowing the risk someone like Kitty appears already.

Especially since Pandora was going out of her way to create cases like Kitty's....

8 minutes ago, Vorlonagent said:
10 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Especially since Pandora was going out of her way to create cases like Kitty's....

But he doesn't KNOW that yet. He presumably doesn't even know about RHODA yet. Magic didn't told him all details ... like the fact that Pandora marked around hundred people just in Moperville. I mean, we don't saw it either, but seriously, she was trying so hard, it's unlikely we saw everyone she marked.

Just now, hkmaly said:

But he doesn't KNOW that yet. He presumably doesn't even know about RHODA yet.

Arthur should know anything Ed Verres knows.  I think between the boar incident and Grace and Rhoda tutoring each other that there's a very good chance Ed Verres knows Rhoda was marked.  Not as sure about Rhoda awakening. 

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Arthur should know anything Ed Verres knows.  I think between the boar incident and Grace and Rhoda tutoring each other that there's a very good chance Ed Verres knows Rhoda was marked.  Not as sure about Rhoda awakening. 

If they knew Rhoda was marked and responsible for the boar getting bigger, why didn't they approach her and explain what happened? Or even deal with the boar themselves? I know Arthur at the time wouldn't have sent agents to deal with a public incident, but Adrian and Grace were able to deal with the boar without drawing attention to themselves, Paranormal Division agents should have been just as capable if not more capable at dealing with it and covering it up. (they could have either killed the boar or captured it, and probably used magic to fix up most of the damage before the hunters arrived)

37 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

If they knew Rhoda was marked and responsible for the boar getting bigger, why didn't they approach her and explain what happened? Or even deal with the boar themselves? I know Arthur at the time wouldn't have sent agents to deal with a public incident, but Adrian and Grace were able to deal with the boar without drawing attention to themselves, Paranormal Division agents should have been just as capable if not more capable at dealing with it and covering it up. (they could have either killed the boar or captured it, and probably used magic to fix up most of the damage before the hunters arrived)

I think that Rhoda is keeping her magic secret even from Grace. Meanwhile, Grace is keeping secret from Rhoda that she's part space alien.

Also check the timeline: the boar incident was immediately after Rhoda was marked. SHE was not yet aware she was marked when Adrian shot the boar.

28 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If they knew Rhoda was marked and responsible for the boar getting bigger, why didn't they approach her and explain what happened? Or even deal with the boar themselves?

They almost certainly did NOT know of Rhoda's mark or why the boar was so big, until after the boar was dead. Actually, the part of exactly who enlarged it might not have been known (other than maybe to Rhoda and Catalina) for quite some time.

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I know Arthur at the time wouldn't have sent agents to deal with a public incident, but Adrian and Grace were able to deal with the boar without drawing attention to themselves, Paranormal Division agents should have been just as capable if not more capable at dealing with it and covering it up. (they could have either killed the boar or captured it, and probably used magic to fix up most of the damage before the hunters arrived)

Paranormal agents would not have been involved unless they had some reason to believe that the boar was a paranormal effect of some sort. Which they didn't until after it was dead - i.e. already dealt with. When they noted that the tracks leading up to the dead normal-size boar were from an extra-large boar, and there were no such tracks leading away from it.

There probably were already hunters coming after the boar even before Rhoda enlarged it. Let alone before they found out it was giant due to a paranormal effect.

2 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

They almost certainly did NOT know of Rhoda's mark or why the boar was so big, until after the boar was dead. Actually, the part of exactly who enlarged it might not have been known (other than maybe to Rhoda and Catalina) for quite some time.

Edward would have known that the boar was enchanted because Adrian had called him asking for help in disenchanting it, but he didn't believe it was his business to deal with it. But yeah it was likely when Rhoda realized she could use magic to resize stuff that she also realized that it was her that supersized the boar, and it doesn't seem like anyone else had at least until Grace started having her dream dejavu and Sarah connected the dots.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:
26 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Edward would have known that the boar was enchanted because Adrian had called him asking for help in disenchanting it, but he didn't believe it was his business to deal with it.

Edward and Adrian believed what Rhoda said and therefore that the boar is enchanted. Arthur didn't. Edward himself is not trained in hunting and it really WASN'T his business ; It WOULD be business of Arthur, but Arthur decided he will leave it on hunters.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But yeah it was likely when Rhoda realized she could use magic to resize stuff that she also realized that it was her that supersized the boar, and it doesn't seem like anyone else had at least until Grace started having her dream dejavu and Sarah connected the dots.

Well ... Pandora wrote it in the note and when Rhoda read it Catalina found out. But after Pandora and Catalina, I agree that Sarah was the next one who found out.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

Well ... Pandora wrote it in the note and when Rhoda read it Catalina found out. But after Pandora and Catalina, I agree that Sarah was the next one who found out.

That was more reacting to the fact that Pandora gave Rhoda the mark and with the intention of her using the spell to shrink the boar instead of supersizing it, that's a separate revelation to Rhoda realizing she was the one that supersized it, and she likely told Catalina, or Catalina instantly realized it, when Rhoda told her about the spell, which we know Rhoda had done prior to Escape from the Mall since it was Catalina that first brought up the subject.

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:
33 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That was more reacting to the fact that Pandora gave Rhoda the mark and with the intention of her using the spell to shrink the boar instead of supersizing it, that's a separate revelation to Rhoda realizing she was the one that supersized it

Yes, I'm not searching for it but I think it was directly mentioned that she realized she grow the boar.

26 minutes ago, Scotty said:

and she likely told Catalina, or Catalina instantly realized it, when Rhoda told her about the spell

True ; even if Rhoda didn't told her it's not exactly hard to guess. However, after the note we can be SURE Catalina knows.

On 5/27/2018 at 11:02 PM, hkmaly said:

... is the cameraman now catgirl too?

Hmm, that would explain why the point-of-view dropped lower between panels . . .

People like Kitty would be considered a nuisance by Arthur--it's the malicious ones like not-Tengu who are the real threats--i.e. people who forcibly transform minds and not just bodies.

2 minutes ago, ijuin said:

People like Kitty would be considered a nuisance by Arthur--it's the malicious ones like not-Tengu who are the real threats--i.e. people who forcibly transform minds and not just bodies.

Not-Tengu is directly dangerous ; Kitty probably isn't dangerous by herself, but if she goes on rampage like this, she will raise awareness not only about existence of magic (almost everyone will know that at that point) but also about how easy it is - people will say "if someone like THIS managed to get magic, it can't be hard".

But, yes ... it's possible Vorlonagent and me little overestimate her dangerousness ... :)