• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

http://www.egscomics.com/comic/sister3-287

Now we must wonder who is Arthur's mysterious daughter?

I'm gonna throw out a guess that it's Mrs Dunkel, and that her assurance that he would support life that was unintentionally created might be referring to her getting pregnant with Elliot, which then would be passed on to Ellen when she was created.

20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now we must wonder who is Arthur's mysterious daughter?

There IS possibility we never saw her. Right? Right?

(Seriously, it can't be Charlotte or Rhea.)

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

I'm gonna throw out a guess that it's Mrs Dunkel, and that her assurance that he would support life that was unintentionally created might be referring to her getting pregnant with Elliot, which then would be passed on to Ellen when she was created.

No, he said specifically life HE intentionally created. His daughter was unplanned. And I hope it's not Mrs Dunkel ... for start, Arthur's daughter would have considerable magic talent, possibly even wizard one.

And yes, confirmed that Arthur would totally confiscate Kevin if he was created by someone else ... but it's his creation and he's feeling guilty. Just like with his daughter (and presumable her mother).

New info, Kevin wasn't supposed to be sentient, although Arthur's assumption it was magic is just one possibility ; personally I think it's combination of him not really understanding the book which gave him this idea (and which was from before magic reset and caused Kevin to not work) and his subconscious.

Also confirmed that Kevin wants to train Ashley ; apparently, it's not something he was programmed to do, so less linking to her and more just liking her.

And Ashley FINALLY did something which wasn't totally lawful good! I mean, asking Ellen to not sabotage her chance to get Kevin. Obviously, she wasn't effective at it, but the thought counts!

I doubt that Arthur is Mrs Dunkle's father.

While it is possible, it would excessively strain plausibility.

Most likely, Arthur's daughter is older than the main cast, but younger than their parents.

I'm guessing Amanda, and I'll take my cookies now.

Just now, hkmaly said:

No, he said specifically life HE intentionally created. His daughter was unplanned. And I hope it's not Mrs Dunkel ... for start, Arthur's daughter would have considerable magic talent, possibly even wizard one.

No no, I mean he had to have been referring to Kevin there as the life HE unintentionally created, but he'd be using his daughter's experience and his reaction to it (as in he was very supportive of her) as assurance that he would also support letting Kevin teach Ashley.

It'd make sense if Arthur supported of Mrs Dunkel's decision to keep Elliot rather than put him up for adoption, or maybe she considered abortion and he talked her out of it (which would make for an even better example of his support for life that's unintentionally created, but I won't go into a pro-life vs pro-choice debate), Ellen was also technically a life that was unintentionally created and Ellen does seem to be comparing herself with Kevin with the "Even we have instincts, dude." comment.

It would also explain why Mr and Mrs Dunkel are so chill about magic, Elliot being turned into a girl, Ellen's creation and everything that's happened, if Mrs Dunkel grew up exposed to magic and anything her Dad was involved in, then she'd certainly have become used to it.

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

No no, I mean he had to have been referring to Kevin there as the life HE unintentionally created, but he'd be using his daughter's experience and his reaction to it (as in he was very supportive of her) as assurance that he would also support letting Kevin teach Ashley.

It'd make sense if Arthur supported of Mrs Dunkel's decision to keep Elliot rather than put him up for adoption, or maybe she considered abortion and he talked her out of it (which would make for an even better example of his support for life that's unintentionally created, but I won't go into a pro-life vs pro-choice debate), Ellen was also technically a life that was unintentionally created and Ellen does seem to be comparing herself with Kevin with the "Even we have instincts, dude." comment.

It would also explain why Mr and Mrs Dunkel are so chill about magic, Elliot being turned into a girl, Ellen's creation and everything that's happened, if Mrs Dunkel grew up exposed to magic and anything her Dad was involved in, then she'd certainly have become used to it.

http://www.egscomics.com/comic/2010-11-29

If he's Elliot's grandfather, I'm pretty sure that would have been brought up then.

...I guess addressing your father constantly as "sir," and in a moment of weakness, by his first name, is something you'd expect from his daughter.

I suspect it's more significant than that, though.  Either this will make him somehow related to the other two seers (i.e., to their common mother and her sister), or he's Susan's maternal grandfather.

2 hours ago, partner555 said:

Huh, that was unexpected. Arthur having a daughter I mean.

It surprised him as well.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

It'd make sense if Arthur supported of Mrs Dunkel's decision to keep Elliot rather than put him up for adoption, or maybe she considered abortion and he talked her out of it (which would make for an even better example of his support for life that's unintentionally created, but I won't go into a pro-life vs pro-choice debate)

I don't see it, sorry. He would worded it differently if THAT would be true. Also, I don't believe Mrs Dunkel considered abortion or adoption.

Ellen does seem to be comparing herself with Kevin with the "Even we have instincts, dude." comment.

I don't see this either actually. I think she means HUMANS in that "we", not comparing herself to Kevin.

If that would be it, they would be MORE chill about magic but LESS chill about everything else ... and Tedd and Elliot wouldn't meet when Elliot was playing knight in shining armor.

Also, Mrs Dunkel doesn't seem to have any magic talent.

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

If he's Elliot's grandfather, I'm pretty sure that would have been brought up then.

Also this. In fact, this page would be weird if ANY of main eight are related to him. Except (see below) ...

1 hour ago, Tom Sewell said:

Gee, none of you think Arthur's daughter is Sybil, the only person we've seen who seems to like him?

Would make sense.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Nope.  I'm sticking with my "Amanda" guess and keeping the cookies I claimed, right or wrong.

Amanda's timeline related to main cast is unclear. Could be possible.

18 minutes ago, WR...S said:

I suspect it's more significant than that, though.  Either this will make him somehow related to the other two seers (i.e., to their common mother and her sister), or he's Susan's maternal grandfather.

All three seers we know off being related? Two are suspicious, but all three, that would be too much.

Susan, meanwhile? Hmmm ... she wasn't in basement when they were looking at Arthur in TV ... she does have some talent ... ok, we can't rule her out completely.

6 hours ago, partner555 said:

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also this. In fact, this page would be weird if ANY of main eight are related to him.

Well. we have Edward that's kept Noriko's whereabouts and career a secret from Tedd, Mama Kitsune has kept her knowledge of magic secret and also pretending to be oblivious to Nanase being a magic user. It wouldn't put it past me if Mrs Dunkel kept her relation to the head of the paranoral division a secret. Or maybe she doesn't know what her Dad does.

I don't see it, sorry. He would worded it differently if THAT would be true. Also, I don't believe Mrs Dunkel considered abortion or adoption.

There is also the possibility that Arthur wanted her to put Elliot up for adoption or get an abortion and finish school but Mrs Dunkel refused and they had a bit of a falling out because of it. Arthur later realized he was wrong but hasn't made any attempt to reconcile yet. He might not have treated Kevin this way if things happened differently 19 years ago.

I don't see this either actually. I think she means HUMANS in that "we", not comparing herself to Kevin.

But she was created by magic and has obviously shown to have thoughts that are independent of Elliot's.

Also, Mrs Dunkel doesn't seem to have any magic talent.

That we know of, we've speculated that Mr Dunkel has a "summon charts" spell, what could Mrs Dunkel do?

4 hours ago, WR...S said:

or he's Susan's maternal grandfather.

Susan, meanwhile? Hmmm ... she wasn't in basement when they were looking at Arthur in TV ... she does have some talent ... ok, we can't rule her out completely.

Arthur being Susan's maternal grandfather has the problem giving both her parents a blood relation to Adrian and while it might be possible considering Adrian didn't know he could have children and so both sides wouldn't know they were related, there is also the deal with Arthur having attempted to deport Adrian to Russia years ago. We already have Diane who's probably kicking herself for the way she's treated who she just found out is her father. Dan doesn't seem likely to have anyone else doing the same.

Should also add that the only possible reason he'd mention his daughter as someone who would assure Ellen of his intentions is if his daughter is someone Ellen knows. Because if it was Sybil or anyone we haven't seen, then what incentive is there for Ellen to believe him.

Should also add that the only possible reason he'd mention his daughter as someone who would assure Ellen of his intentions is if his daughter is someone Ellen knows. Because if it was Sybil or anyone we haven't seen, then what incentive is there for Ellen to believe him.

Wait, it can't be, is he Lucy's dad!?!?

Note that the above is in jest.

Arthur has a daughter. Interesting, though in retrospect it's not surprising. Bringing about offspring is not an uncommon occurrence for people. There are numerous reasons for a given individual to not have any offspring, but various biological urges and instincts lead to offspring to be the norm. That said daughter was seemingly unintended and that Arthur supported her anyway is surprising and heartwarming.

9 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Gee, none of you think Arthur's daughter is Sybil, the only person we've seen who seems to like him?

That could make sense, though, as she appears to be his secretary, that would suggest nepotism which runs counter to his assertion of ideal American values (Hypocrisy or outright misdirection isn't out of the question though)

7 hours ago, hkmaly said:
7 hours ago, WR...S said:

All three seers we know off being related? Two are suspicious, but all three, that would be too much.

Though it's been implied that Susan's magical talent is from her paternal side (With Adrian and her father looking extremely similar)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
7 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But she was created by magic and has obviously shown to have thoughts that are independent of Elliot's.

Though she was created by magic, Ellen is a flesh and blood human

Arthur being Susan's maternal grandfather has the problem giving both her parents a blood relation to Adrian and while it might be possible considering Adrian didn't know he could have children and so both sides wouldn't know they were related, there is also the deal with Arthur having attempted to deport Adrian to Russia years ago. We already have Diane who's probably kicking herself for the way she's treated who she just found out is her father. Dan doesn't seem likely to have anyone else doing the same

I don't believe there have been any hints or signs that Arthur is at all related to Adrian. He doesn't have the Raven family talent, Pandora doesn't seem to have made any attempt to ensure his or his daughter's safety after her revelation about Adrian being able to have children, and given that Susan's father looks extremely similar to Adrian despite the large number of generations between them, that would suggest that resemblance runs strong in his bloodline and Arthur looks nothing like Adrian.

Not at all actually. He could have simply added that line for emphasis. If Ellen questions who his daughter is (or if she would assure such a thing), he could call her. Cell phones are ubiquitous. Whether or not Ellen believes Arthur and his daughter is her own prerogative and is unlikely to affect his decisions much if at all.

I didn't think the magic change would have anything to do with Kevin's sentience, as I figured that by time Arthur was working on Kevin he'd be knowledgeable enough to know the difference between current and old magic systems, and would not count on old magic working. It did not occur to me Kevin was not supposed to be sentient, or that Arthur might have unintentionally done something that would cause these results in the new (or an old) system.

That said, Arthur clearly is not entirely sure what happened just yet, so I'm not going to completely rule out my "the Diamond Did It" theory until/unless we learn more about what brought Kevin to life.

Actually, I figured the scenario where the daughter assured Ellen was meant as hypothetical ("IF you knew her or she was here right now, she could vouch for me, but I don't really care enough about your opinion of me to make that happen").

(Also, what Drasvin said after I typed that but before I posted it.)

"Vocalize lessons". Cue to a flashback of kids taking phonetic lessons.

Kevin is still a thing. If one calls him not as one, then he is supposed to be nothing.

Yet, knowing who Arthur's daughter is should not be as surprising as Susan's blood relationship.

Just now, Drasvin said:

Not at all actually. He could have simply added that line for emphasis. If Ellen questions who his daughter is (or if she would assure such a thing), he could call her. Cell phones are ubiquitous. Whether or not Ellen believes Arthur and his daughter is her own prerogative and is unlikely to affect his decisions much if at all.

But it would carry much more weight with Ellen if it was someone she already knows and trusts. She's suspicious of Arthur's motivations because she only knows him based on that others may have said about him, if his daughter was his assistant or another agent, there's no reason to be instantly convinced of anything, but if his daughter is Mrs Dunkel, someone Ellen loves and trusts, then of course she'd have a "huh...okay...." moment.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:
4 hours ago, Drasvin said:

But it would carry much more weight with Ellen if it was someone she already knows and trusts. She's suspicious of Arthur's motivations because she only knows him based on that others may have said about him, if his daughter was his assistant or another agent, there's no reason to be instantly convinced of anything, but if his daughter is Mrs Dunkel, someone Ellen loves and trusts, then of course she'd have a "huh...okay...." moment.

It would carry more weight, but his statement doesn't need to. Arthur might want to quell Ellen's suspicions and put her more at ease, but if he doesn't, then the course of events doesn't really change that much. The worst that might happen is Ellen try to convince Ashley not to accept Kevin's help, but I suspect that Ashley is already firmly on-board with Kevin training her. A suspicious Ellen might be an annoyance going forward, but not really detrimental to any of Arthur's plans (And if she turns out to be detrimental to some plan, he could just ask Edward to exposit at her talk some sense into her)

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

There is also the possibility that Arthur wanted her to put Elliot up for adoption or get an abortion and finish school but Mrs Dunkel refused and they had a bit of a falling out because of it. Arthur later realized he was wrong but hasn't made any attempt to reconcile yet. He might not have treated Kevin this way if things happened differently 19 years ago.

Again, doesn't match what he is saying. He said his daughter would assure Ellen.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

But she doesn't THINK about herself that way. She thinks about herself as human. Unless she taunts Elliot.

6 hours ago, Drasvin said:

Though she was created by magic, Ellen is a flesh and blood human

Probably. We didn't even saw what the magic analyser wand reported :)

Arthur being Susan's maternal grandfather has the problem giving both her parents a blood relation to Adrian

Why? Arthur is not related to Adrian as far as we know.

I don't believe there have been any hints or signs that Arthur is at all related to Adrian. He doesn't have the Raven family talent, Pandora doesn't seem to have made any attempt to ensure his or his daughter's safety after her revelation about Adrian being able to have children, and given that Susan's father looks extremely similar to Adrian despite the large number of generations between them, that would suggest that resemblance runs strong in his bloodline and Arthur looks nothing like Adrian.

There are actually strong hints that the way Susan looks like Diane's twin is more that just "resemblance running strong", that it was some sort of magic making point. However, he still doesn't look like Adrian at all and the other points hold.

2 hours ago, Drasvin said:

It would carry more weight, but his statement doesn't need to. Arthur might want to quell Ellen's suspicions and put her more at ease, but if he doesn't, then the course of events doesn't really change that much. The worst that might happen is Ellen try to convince Ashley not to accept Kevin's help, but I suspect that Ashley is already firmly on-board with Kevin training her. A suspicious Ellen might be an annoyance going forward, but not really detrimental to any of Arthur's plans (And if she turns out to be detrimental to some plan, he could just ask Edward to exposit at her talk some sense into her)

Note that just because it would be better for Arthur if his daughter would be someone Ellen knows, he can't MAKE it so. His daughter is best character reference he has no matter how good she is.

Also, Ellen presumably knows more people than we do. There are certainly more than three teachers in Moperville South, for example ... Arthur's daughter being teacher could work.

And yes: Ashley is definitely going to let Kevin train her. Ellen being suspicious could became another running joke along with Nanase suspecting Ashley is evil.

Of  course,  y'all know my button about new characters are new.  I don't think Arthur's daughter is any one we have seen "on screen" yet.  I could be wrong, but given The Dan's habit of creating new characters I don't think I am.

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Of  course,  y'all know my button about new characters are new.  I don't think Arthur's daughter is any one we have seen "on screen" yet.  I could be wrong, but given The Dan's habit of creating new characters I don't think I am.

Thing is, Arthur hasn't named a name yet, so his daughter isn't guaranteed to be a new character. That's another reason I think it's gotta be someone that not only we know, but Ellen and Elliot knows, the fact that Dan left the name out of this feels like a cliffhanger, leaving us to wonder who it is, if it was a new character, why leave us in suspense?