• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Howitzer

Story: Friday, October 28, 2016

So much to do, so many results to come up from it. Her world is her oyster.

The first action that Grace does is glomping. Makes sense.

1 hour ago, Howitzer said:

Tedd wanted Sarah to stay in her spell for about a minute from her point of view. She should be ending it pretty soon.

Pretty sure it's been more than a minute already.  I think the idea here is for Sarah to get sidetracked so that Tedd can measure without giving us a point of reference.

Sarah's mistaken. With a spell like this, she should tell Tedd what she's going to do then go into the spellscape and stick to the script. Repeat as often as seems appropriate, with the same script or different scripts.

Pandora did want her casting the spell a lot, too.

Ya know, I really hate to be that guy about this, considering they're still teenagers, but with an ability like this, all sorts of premarital hanky panky could go on with this spell. And the best part is it would be guilt free. But the problem, of course, is that is it consent?

3 hours ago, WR...S said:

Not what Grace would do in this situation?

...Sarah, have you met Grace?

That plus Sarah-Tedd's blushy reaction is prime OT3 fuel. Since Grace isn't acting quite the way that Sarah had planned, I am willing to bet that Grace is running off of Sarah's subconscious expectations or desires, like how Fox or Susan's Faeries are directed.

The simulation spell seems to be running off of her subconscious, cause Sarah's clearly not using logic anymore.

She's never gone this far with the spell before, so this was.........

.......Okay, I'll admit. I wasn't expecting this, but I should of expected it.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:
5 hours ago, WR...S said:

Not what Grace would do in this situation?

...Sarah, have you met Grace?

That plus Sarah-Tedd's blushy reaction is prime OT3 fuel. Since Grace isn't acting quite the way that Sarah had planned, I am willing to bet that Grace is running off of Sarah's subconscious expectations or desires, like how Fox or Susan's Faeries are directed.

The problem is, this is somewhat Grace like behaviour, but Sarah was still in Tedd's body, so she kinda set herself up for this.

I wonder what would have happened if she let herself (well her body that's also currently standing frozen) loose. Would we have even more OT3 fuel? ;)

Huh. When Box said Sarah could make people do things in her simulation, I wasn't expecting them to be autonomous enough to catch Sarah off guard.

Knowing this, would Sarah be able to ask people about anything, and they would answer using that person's knowledge? Assuming an ideal scenario where Sarah's expectations doesn't alter the simulation.

42 minutes ago, exterminator said:

Huh. When Box said Sarah could make people do things in her simulation, I wasn't expecting them to be autonomous enough to catch Sarah off guard.

Knowing this, would Sarah be able to ask people about anything, and they would answer using that person's knowledge? Assuming an ideal scenario where Sarah's expectations doesn't alter the simulation.

That gets into some interesting scenarios...and not just naughty ones. :) "OK, Mr. Terrorist, you're just like the real you but you really, really want to tell me everything you know...."  We'll have to see if Dan addresses the question of what the spell versions of people know.

3 hours ago, Renadt said:

Ya know, I really hate to be that guy about this, considering they're still teenagers, but with an ability like this, all sorts of premarital hanky panky could go on with this spell. And the best part is it would be guilt free. But the problem, of course, is that is it consent?

Could?  I think absolutely would.  Come on - teenagers with the ability to create realistic, interactive versions of anyone they can imagine that will act however they want?  They'd starve to death because they'd never come out of the spell!

The kinda sad thing here is that I doubt that Sarah will ever take advantage of the naughtiness potential....because that's the way characters are in Moperville.   

35 minutes ago, Circe said:

Could?  I think absolutely would.  Come on - teenagers with the ability to create realistic, interactive versions of anyone they can imagine that will act however they want?  They'd starve to death because they'd never come out of the spell!

Problem is that, at least for now, Sarah can only have people in her simulation if they are with her when she uses the spell. Doing... things with people, while still being in front of them, may feel a bit like exhibicionism. And awkward as hell.

4 hours ago, Renadt said:

This is all going on in Sarah's head. Does masturbation require consent, and from whom?

15 minutes ago, exterminator said:

Problem is that, at least for now, Sarah can only have people in her simulation if they are with her when she uses the spell. Doing... things with people, while still being in front of them, may feel a bit like exhibicionism. And awkward as hell.

I was thinking about that.  Anyone around Sarah might be very suspicious if she starts getting all day-dreamy...even more than most teenagers. :)  Still I recall dozing through classes in high school, especially "study halls", not to mention bus rides.

I am probably forgetting something, but do we know how far the spell goes?  I assume there is some limit....

5 minutes ago, Circe said:

I am probably forgetting something, but do we know how far the spell goes?  I assume there is some limit....

The exact limit is unknown so far but we know it easily includes the room she is in and its immediate surroundings. I would guess a bubble a hundred feet across wouldn't be unreasonable.

6 hours ago, Renadt said:

In world where magic transformations are norm, you need to abandon the idea that consent depend on body. Would you think about consent of Marilyn Monroe when your girlfriend will be roleplaying her?

No matter the transformations involved, the people who needs to consent are the ones actually present. And the same is true in general. In this simulation, only person actually present is Sarah and only consent-based risk is if she can't control herself.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

This is all going on in Sarah's head. Does masturbation require consent, and from whom?

From you, obviously, who else?

2 hours ago, Circe said:

Luckily for starving teenagers, I suppose they can't keep the spell working long enough OR cast it immediately after leaving it again. Not speaking about the fact that if you actually ARE starving already, your magic might not recover as fast as normally.

2 hours ago, Circe said:

The kinda sad thing here is that I doubt that Sarah will ever take advantage of the naughtiness potential....because that's the way characters are in Moperville.

I refuse to believe characters are "that way" when off-panel too. We never saw them on toilet (well, ok, we did saw Elliot on toilet, but not doing the thing toilet is for) yet it's obvious they go there. Similarly, there is more naughtiness off-panel than on-panel.

5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Obviously.

BTW, speaking about OT3 ... the OT3 pinup must've happened this week in simulation. No question about it. Explains the face expression Sarah had in it.

3 hours ago, exterminator said:

Me neither. Especially on first try. But it explains why Pandora said it will be lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Circe said:
3 hours ago, exterminator said:

That gets into some interesting scenarios...and not just naughty ones. :) "OK, Mr. Terrorist, you're just like the real you but you really, really want to tell me everything you know...."  We'll have to see if Dan addresses the question of what the spell versions of people know.

Dan specifically addressed it in commentary. No, things the people said would be based on what Sarah imagines they said, unusable for interrogation. Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Circe said:
1 hour ago, exterminator said:

I was thinking about that.  Anyone around Sarah might be very suspicious if she starts getting all day-dreamy...even more than most teenagers. :)  Still I recall dozing through classes in high school, especially "study halls", not to mention bus rides.

Yes. Spacing out while talking with someone to do something with him would be awkward, but doing things when you are just near, like in class or bus rides, should feel normal enough. And yes, while her simulation feels much more real, it wouldn't be THAT different from daydreaming, which she might already be doing (we didn't saw her doing it, but we mostly see her while talking with someone). Even the content of it might be similar :)

59 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

The exact limit is unknown so far but we know it easily includes the room she is in and its immediate surroundings. I would guess a bubble a hundred feet across wouldn't be unreasonable.

The exact limit is probably going to get bigger. Although not in single week ...

Or, in other direction, her exact limit might get smaller when she cast the spell first time after removing of ambient magic anomaly (and training enough to be able to cast it at all).

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

BTW, speaking about OT3 ... the OT3 pinup must've happened this week in simulation. No question about it. Explains the face expression Sarah had in it.

Well, that makes sense.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

And how does that work if she's on a moving bus?

14 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

And how does that work if she's on a moving bus?

The bus would stop moving in the simulation. And if she willed it to start moving, then the same would happen if she walked to the edge of the 'snapshot' in the simulation, just she would get there much faster. Though I have no clue what would happen if she tries to move beyond the bounds of the spell's 'snapshot'

19 minutes ago, Drasvin said:

The bus would stop moving in the simulation. And if she willed it to start moving, then the same would happen if she walked to the edge of the 'snapshot' in the simulation, just she would get there much faster. Though I have no clue what would happen if she tries to move beyond the bounds of the spell's 'snapshot'

The end of life as we know it, fire and brimstone, cats and dogs living together.

....or probably the bus just stops. :)