• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Monday June 04, 2018

1 hour ago, partner555 said:
12 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Stray thought: Could Lucy have been at such a card tournament while Diane was meeting Susan at the mall? Lucy fits the roleplaying profile as well as Catalina does, and I've always thought she might have been one of the nerd girls Catalina joined when she went to Salty Crackers with Susan during Spring Break in Hammerchlorians.

I don't know, when Diane was eager to watch a movie because it had griffins in it, Lucy had a dismissive attitude, but I do concede that the avatar she used during her chat with Diane lends credence to your theory.

Both Diane and Lucy are actually huge nerds, but they hide it even from themselves, even more so from each other.

46 minutes ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Both Diane and Lucy are actually huge nerds, but they hide it even from themselves, even more so from each other.

I don't think Lucy hides it as much considering her messenger image on New Years.

Diane didn't noticed. Good enough. There may be some explanation almost as impenetrable that Diane's explanation why it's OK to watch Warcraft.

Remember that they are scared of becoming nerds. I suspect Lucy's reaction will be similar.

... BTW, did you noticed that Family Tree now has SEVEN PARTS in archive?

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, Dan's been tinkering with the dropdown, splitting story arcs into smaller parts, he also finally added Part 2 to "So a Date at the Mall".

On 6/4/2018 at 5:58 AM, Scotty said:

Dan's stated that Ashley and Sarah are probably going to be spending more time together, I mused that it'd be interesting if Ashley managed to learn Sarah's simulated time freeze spell and they were able to enter the same simulation together somehow.

Now that's a really interesting idea. I think it's more likely that Tedd will learn that spell first. Put them all together and they could make a simulation that would put the catalypse Catalina and Rhoda feared in Escape From the Mall to shame.

Gooniverse: Where R&D Always Has To Be of Utmost Importance.

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The subtitles are pretty alright. But it does not hold a candle to Sister 3's whopping 25 parts.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:
On 6/4/2018 at 2:58 PM, Scotty said:

Dan's stated that Ashley and Sarah are probably going to be spending more time together, I mused that it'd be interesting if Ashley managed to learn Sarah's simulated time freeze spell and they were able to enter the same simulation together somehow.

Now that's a really interesting idea. I think it's more likely that Tedd will learn that spell first. Put them all together and they could make a simulation that would put the catalypse Catalina and Rhoda feared in Escape From the Mall to shame.

6 hours ago, Scotty said:

Considering it is complicated spell and he only saw it once, possibly not yet. However, if they would want the synchronization, he will need to develop it.

5 hours ago, Stature said:
16 hours ago, hkmaly said:

The subtitles are pretty alright. But it does not hold a candle to Sister 3's whopping 25 parts.

On the other hand, total number of parts in The Dawn is 22 now. Not that big difference.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

On the other hand, total number of parts in The Dawn is 22 now. Not that big difference.

Huh.  Q&A #6 is now in the middle of The Dawn.  That's new, isn't it?

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Huh.  Q&A #6 is now in the middle of The Dawn.  That's new, isn't it?

No, my list of EGS chapter titles indicates it's always been that way. (If you need more confirmation, I imagine there's also a list at the Wiki, or you could check out the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.)

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

No, my list of EGS chapter titles indicates it's always been that way. (If you need more confirmation, I imagine there's also a list at the Wiki, or you could check out the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.)

Yeah, Q&A#5 has been the only one that wasn't listed in main story arc. Technically, Q&A#7 could have also been on it's own as well, but Dan's got it at the end of "Pandora's Box".

I wonder if it'd been better to list them in their own section in the menu, Dan's had the guest comics lumped in their own category between "The Dawn" and Pandora's Box" for as long as I can tell, and chronologically they're after "Painted Black" and "Grace's Birthday Party".

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I wonder if it'd been better to list them in their own section in the menu, Dan's had the guest comics lumped in their own category between "The Dawn" and Pandora's Box" for as long as I can tell, and chronologically they're after "Painted Black" and "Grace's Birthday Party".

Before the "Pandora's Box", the guest comics were always on end. The move to Hiveworks in 2013 froze their position in arc list.

6 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Before the "Pandora's Box", the guest comics were always on end. The move to Hiveworks in 2013 froze their position in arc list.

Ahh, so Dan would have to manually move them.