• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

THAT would be ok, but the way she phrased it was like the hair being green would obviously result from - ... wait. It could also be interpreted as "dragons, therefore my hair changed color". But it still sounds like "dragons, therefore my hair are specifically green".

Hrm. Yes. I can see what you mean. It's a little odd. I can't quite make that work either.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

I think it's based on the idea "Some dragons are green, therefore absorbing dragon attributes would make (her) hair green".

Considering some dragons are blue, some red (quite popular color for dragons actually), some black, some white (not so popular), some gold (also popular) and some silver (in addition to the already mentioned green ones ... there are even more colors in Forgotten Realms but even less popular than white), sounds like quite weak argument.

In fact, her normal hair color might match great desert dragons ... wait ... probably not, hers are probably darker. Maybe copper dragon?

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Boy, after Mirrim and Path opened the door, seems like they'll let anyone bond with a green dragon....

I don't think Pern rules apply here ... on Pern, dragon needs to bond quickly after hatching (security feature, Kitti Ping Yung was cold and practical), the dragon this scale is from is already adult and quite likely dead.

9 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

...hmm, actually, a fighting dragon would definitely suit Ellen much better than a Queen would....

Definitely. In fact, Anne McCaffrey would insist she's unsuitable for Queen. She had also other opinions which would probably get her thrown out from this forum.

... but yes, the fighting aspect would also suit Ellen better.

9 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I'm surprised no one has referenced this classic bit of animation yet...

Note that we still don't know if Ellen will get fire breath, poisoned gas ... or nothing. I mean, no breath weapon, flying and magic would likely be cool enough for her anyway.

22 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I don't think Pern rules apply here ... on Pern, dragon needs to bond quickly after hatching (security feature, Kitti Ping Yung was cold and practical), the dragon this scale is from is already adult and quite likely dead.

To be fair to her, the bonding instincts were already present in the fire lizards. She just enhanced it so they would bond to a single person regardless of who fed them the moment they hatched.  It's even arguable that she didn't intend some of the changes, as she had very little time to work with these very alien creatures. 

On 6/9/2018 at 6:17 PM, hkmaly said:

Note that we still don't know if Ellen will get fire breath, poisoned gas ... or nothing. I mean, no breath weapon, flying and magic would likely be cool enough for her anyway.

My headcanon is that she fired the beam that knocked the Golem out the window from her mouth.

23 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:
On 6/10/2018 at 0:17 AM, hkmaly said:

My headcanon is that she fired the beam that knocked the Golem out the window from her mouth.

In that case we can rule out poisoned gas because it didn't looked as poisoned gas at all.

It still might be fire. In general sense. Although it mostly looked as FV5. Which would definitely be unlikely any dragon I heard or read about.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

In that case we can rule out poisoned gas because it didn't looked as poisoned gas at all.

It still might be fire. In general sense. Although it mostly looked as FV5. Which would definitely be unlikely any dragon I heard or read about.

Well Ellen did ask "Did I just shoot a roaring beam?", I dunno about anyone else but I would think that roaring would need to be done with the mouth.

4 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well Ellen did ask "Did I just shoot a roaring beam?", I dunno about anyone else but I would think that roaring would need to be done with the mouth.

Nah, it's just description of sound. See description of this video: Hawaii volcano spews lava and toxic gas: ''It''s like a roaring jet engine'' ... pointing out two things which roars and lack mouth in single sentence.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Nah, it's just description of sound. See description of this video: Hawaii volcano spews lava and toxic gas: ''It''s like a roaring jet engine'' ... pointing out two things which roars and lack mouth in single sentence.

Ahh, but the part of the volcano that the lava and toxic gas spews from is usually also called the mouth of the volcano.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Ahh, but the part of the volcano that the lava and toxic gas spews from is usually also called the mouth of the volcano.

What about a roaring tornado then? It has an eye, right. So eyes roar, too.

Mind you, blizzards don't roar, they howl. So I guess howling is OK when you don't have a mouth. "I have no mouth and I must scream..."

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

What about a roaring tornado then? It has an eye, right. So eyes roar, too.

Mind you, blizzards don't roar, they howl. So I guess howling is OK when you don't have a mouth. "I have no mouth and I must scream..."

That blizzard stuff sounds like a snowjob to me....

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

If a vacuum cleaner sucks, is that good or bad?

A question that reminds me of the local Regional Gathering, HalloweeM, where the costume contest has prizes for both Best Pun and Worst Pun!

5 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

If a vacuum cleaner sucks, is that good or bad?

Considering the recommendations that companies whose products sucks should move to vacuum cleaner business, I would expect good.