• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
heroesofcrash

Comic 6/9/18 - Or Is That "Metal-Necking"?

ComicNumber708.png

TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

The Necrobots corner their prey, and quickly discover they fell for the ol' switcheroo.

After a few weeks of fillers around my birthday, the canonical comics have returned! Many thanks to Ken Bailey and YouWillNeverKnow for their submissions, and to all of you for being patient!

This comic took me a while to figure out. Oddly enough, the first panel was the last one I sketched out; I had a clear vision for what I wanted to do in all the other panels, but I wasn't sure how I wanted to show the Necrobots giving chase. I was initially going to view them from a straight-on angle, but with their unusual curved necks and hunched-over posture, they look a lot better from a side or three-quarters view. I think the lead Necrobot's posture and legs show off how much of their design was inspired by velociraptors.

This strip took quite a few layers to get the right look, especially for the last panel. That "ZOOM" streak is actually broken up into two layers; one that passes in front of the Necrobots and one behind them, so as to create the illusion of Sugar Rush zipping right through them.

While working on this strip, I realized that the last time I drew Sugar Rush, she was off-model. A few strips ago, she was shown wearing no belt, red briefs, and white leggings. She's supposed to have a red belt, a white leotard, and red leggings. Whoops... Methinks that I forgot to draw one line, and it threw off all her colors from the waist down! I may go back and fix it... If I don't, I'll just say it's an homage to the many animation errors from the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series.