• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Monday June 11, 2018

www.egscomics.com/egsnp/gam-01

Is it required that we must apprehend and detain every Grace-A-Monster variety?

Normally, George rarely speaks in canon.  Usually only a few panels in an entire story arc.
And when he does speak more than a few words, it is important.

Now it appears George will be driving the dialogue for a non-canon story.  How will this work out?

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Posted before I was finished writing

To answer George's question for the parodied material, their named Grace-a-monsters because when they are in graceball, they fit into pocket. In-universe context. Don't see any problem. ... Regarding the NP itself, however, no idea.

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Certainly. This one is probably number 32.

7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Mabey their named Grace-A-Monsters because they're from Graceland?

That would mean they were not discovered before 1894 ... hmmm ... ok, we can't completely rule out that.

(Although I would consider more likely there were FIRST discovered in Graceland, as opposed to ALL being from there.)

4 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

This is truly a monstrous idea for a storyline.

I already like it better than the last one.

... you will hate it when we get close to strip 807 :)

"Millions of Graces". again.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

We are miffed that the numbering machine is broken.

8 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Is that 807 in this arc alone? Or total? with the URL format change I can't tell, anyone remember how many pages there were before?

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Is that 807 in this arc alone? Or total? with the URL format change I can't tell, anyone remember how many pages there were before?

In this arc alone. The number 807 comes from parodied source material which can't be named for similar reason like Voldemort. I was commenting that while it started well, it can become more boring than Goodmanji 2, especially if it devolved into "the point of every strip is to show another version of grace-a-monster". Which hopefully won't happen.

Just now, hkmaly said:

In this arc alone. The number 807 comes from parodied source material which can't be named. I was commenting that while it started well, it can become more boring than Goodmanji 2, especially if it devolved into "the point of every strip is to show another version of grace-a-monster". Which hopefully won't happen.

Ahh.

11 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

In this arc alone. The number 807 comes from parodied source material which can't be named for similar reason like Voldemort. I was commenting that while it started well, it can become more boring than Goodmanji 2, especially if it devolved into "the point of every strip is to show another version of grace-a-monster". Which hopefully won't happen.

I fear that this may very well be what we get, a series of strips showing different Grace-a-Monsters.  I'm hoping for an actual plot, but it isn't looking good so far.  ;-P

17 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Nah, that's just clever marketing.

11 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

I fear that this may very well be what we get, a series of strips showing different Grace-a-Monsters.  I'm hoping for an actual plot, but it isn't looking good so far.  ;-P

I'll probably be in the same context of Dan's other video game parodies like Fallout or Deus Ex, we'll see a bunch of different Graces but probably the focus will be on commenting about the gameplay in Pokemon games.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I'll probably be in the same context of Dan's other video game parodies like Fallout or Deus Ex, we'll see a bunch of different Graces but probably the focus will be on commenting about the gameplay in <redacted> games.

DON'T USE THE NAME!

First, it's dangerous.

Second, trying to creatively avoid it is more fun.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

DON'T USE THE NAME!

First, it's dangerous.

Second, trying to creatively avoid it is more fun.

Why is it dangerous?

(The only danger I can think of is Nintendo's overzealous defense of their copyrights, but with all the different ways of talking about the comics these days, just keeping people from saying it on the forums isn't going to help much with that.)

8 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Why is it dangerous?

(The only danger I can think of is Nintendo's overzealous defense of their copyrights, but with all the different ways of talking about the comics these days, just keeping people from saying it on the forums isn't going to help much with that.)

Yes, that's what I'm speaking about. You may notice that there are multiple instances of Dan using the name in comics commentary but in THIS comics commentary he even avoided the word "evolution".

Although yes, this forum is probably not connected to the comics so directly it would matter ...