• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

NP Wed June 13th 2018

2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Like Captain Picard and his "uncle"!  ;-)

I don't recall any "uncle" moment, though I do recall the episode where Picard calls Riker "Dad". mind you Picard had been the victim of a transporter accident that made him and 3 others physically 12 years old and he pretended to be Riker's son for the purpose of helping retake the ship from some Ferengi.  Still an awkward moment for Riker to have someone who is probably old enough to be HIS father, calling him "Dad".

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Like Captain Picard and his "uncle"!  ;-)

I don't recall any "uncle" moment, though I do recall the episode where Picard calls Riker "Dad". mind you Picard had been the victim of a transporter accident that made him and 3 others physically 12 years old and he pretended to be Riker's son for the purpose of helping retake the ship from some Ferengi.  Still an awkward moment for Riker to have someone who is probably old enough to be HIS father, calling him "Dad".

Google is your friend.

"I know who you are."
"Then you have the advantage."
"You're my nephew Jean-Luc from the starship Enterprise."
"Then you must be my uncle René."
"I'm not your uncle. It's the other way around."
"Too bad. I rather enjoyed the idea."

https://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Family_(episode)

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Google is your friend.

"I know who you are."
"Then you have the advantage."
"You're my nephew Jean-Luc from the starship Enterprise."
"Then you must be my uncle René."
"I'm not your uncle. It's the other way around."
"Too bad. I rather enjoyed the idea."

https://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Family_(episode)

Oh yeah, that was when he took some time off to visit his brother's vineyard. I forgot about that.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Oh yeah, that was when he took some time off to visit his brother's vineyard. I forgot about that.

It's one of my favorites.  So rarely do you get to see what's happened to one of these characters actually have a long-term impact on them.  They also had Picard tell a love interest about the time he experienced an entire lifetime as part of an extinct alien society, including having children and grandchildren, and losing the wife he'd spent decades with.  He clearly still felt deeply about the whole experience, years later.