• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Friday, Jun 15, 2018

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

I'd go for the plant. The one in Wapsi Square is vicious in melee, can make things just disappear, and her ranged attack is seriously explosive.

... compared to the fire one, who's ranged attack is LITERALLY explosion? I mean plasma?

But yes, I commented that the fire one looking best doesn't have anything to do with which one is best choice tactically.

59 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... compared to the fire one, who's ranged attack is LITERALLY explosion? I mean plasma?

Yes. Plasma. Exactly. And in quantity. Plus, with control. (The finger writes upon the wall, and, having writ, blows something up as an encore.)

The laws of physics aren't polite suggestions, they're vague hints.

Pokemon Go! is the only Pokemon game I've played and the setup so far is consistent with a parody of it.  I haven't played in about 18 months but back when I did....

Pokemon Go incorporated a high degree of planned obsolescence into its gameplay.  The player constantly outlevels her/his pokemon and can constantly catch better pokemon. Players can always sell their castoffs to the Professor, who apparently never runs out of space and is always happy to buy more.  I just caught a better Water Grace?  Off the old one goes to the Professor, never to be heard from again.

3 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Yes. Plasma. Exactly. And in quantity. Plus, with control. (The finger writes upon the wall, and, having writ, blows something up as an encore.)

The laws of physics aren't polite suggestions, they're vague hints.

... ok, I looked for her introduction and she does say she's part plant, but somehow I doubt she got this from her plant side.

3 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Pokemon Go! is the only Pokemon game I've played and the setup so far is consistent with a parody of it.  I haven't played in about 18 months but back when I did....

Pokemon Go incorporated a high degree of planned obsolescence into its gameplay.  The player constantly outlevels her/his pokemon and can constantly catch better pokemon. Players can always sell their castoffs to the Professor, who apparently never runs out of space and is always happy to buy more.  I just caught a better Water Grace?  Off the old one goes to the Professor, never to be heard from again.

In Pokemon Go, your starter pokemon is going to go to the Professor two days later top. In "normal" games, the mechanics are different and you are likely to still have the starter pokemon on end of game, especially considering you can't really catch it anywhere else.

And ... you know ... Professor might NOT actually be KEEPING all those pokemons ...

Generally, there are lot of pretty hard to accept things in "normal" pokemon games, starting with whose idea was to give those walking disasters to kids to play with and how the world survived that, but compared to Pokemon Go, they make sense.

Digimon might be worse show (it's certainly less popular), but it at least avoids this issue with just FEW kids getting monsters.

5 hours ago, The Wozard said:

Water looks like a Ninja Turtle.

Ninja turtles don't have tail nor hair. Squirtle doesn't have hair.

But yes, it's obvious those "vaguely ninja-like things for NO REASON" are inspired by TMNT.

10 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Not too long ago, someone I follow on Twitter was trying to catch a shiny Charmander, went to an area known to have lots of fire pokemon, and ended up with like 30 regular charmanders, no shinies, she ended up running into someone that had just managed to catch 2 and was willing to trade one.

I imagine all the ones she caught ended up getting sold. I don't think I want to know what happens to them.

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Not too long ago, someone I follow on Twitter was trying to catch a shiny Charmander, went to an area known to have lots of fire pokemon, and ended up with like 30 regular charmanders, no shinies, she ended up running into someone that had just managed to catch 2 and was willing to trade one.

I imagine all the ones she caught ended up getting sold. I don't think I want to know what happens to them.

... there is no trading on Pokemon Go and no running up into someone while being in specific area in other games. Something doesn't add up.

On 6/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, Scotty said:

Considering the Professor will always take in your Pokemon and always has resources to give you for them, you might want to look twice at that can of Pokelent Green you're holding...  And that's before we talk about the ones the Professor keeps for his research....

On 6/17/2018 at 0:15 AM, hkmaly said:

... there is no trading on Pokemon Go and no running up into someone while being in specific area in other games. Something doesn't add up.

... no trading YET. It was just announced it will be soon ...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... no trading YET. It was just announced it will be soon ...

She stated that she "shared" her phone with someone, and judging by the fact that she didn't specify any familiarity with said person, I assumed there was some method of linking players to get pokemon, rather than literally handing her phone to a complete stranger and letting them catch the shiny for her.

22 hours ago, Scotty said:

She stated that she "shared" her phone with someone, and judging by the fact that she didn't specify any familiarity with said person, I assumed there was some method of linking players to get pokemon, rather than literally handing her phone to a complete stranger and letting them catch the shiny for her.

On legendary raids, there is lot of cases with less experienced players just handing phones to more experienced ones so they can catch them the target pokemon. However, I don't think it's necessary for shinies ... non-legendary pokemons are not that hard to catch ... and legendary shinies actually have 100% catch rate.

Can you link the original tweet? I started being curious of what actually happened.

Just now, hkmaly said:

On legendary raids, there is lot of cases with less experienced players just handing phones to more experienced ones so they can catch them the target pokemon. However, I don't think it's necessary for shinies ... non-legendary pokemons are not that hard to catch ... and legendary shinies actually have 100% catch rate.

Can you post the original tweet? I started being curious of what actually happened.

Crap, I'd have to go pretty far back as the person tweets a heck of a lot because she works for Mixer (a livestream service like twitch). and it was a series of tweets because it was some special event she was participating in a few weeks ago, time was running out and in the last few minutes of the event she got the shiny charmander by sharing her phone with a 5 year old.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Can you post the original tweet? I started being curious of what actually happened.

Crap, I'd have to go pretty far back as the person tweets a heck of a lot because she works for Mixer (a livestream service like twitch). and it was a series of tweets because it was some special event she was participating in a few weeks ago, time was running out and in the last few minutes of the event she got the shiny charmander by sharing her phone with a 5 year old.

Event? Charmander? Saturday, May 19th ; Europe, Middle East, Africa, India: 10am to 1pm UK (BST), 11am to 2pm CET, North America, South America and Greenland: 11am to 2pm PST, 2pm to 5pm EST, Asia Pacific: 12pm to 3pm JST

Does that help?

However, this points out sharing her phone was more like some sort of luck charm than logical course of action. Her game avatar chance of encountering shiny pokemon was same no matter who was holding the phone (unless the child was running faster with it), but people can become superstitious (and desperate) in situations like this where time limit is involved ... also, chance of encountering shiny charmander during that event was considerably higher than normally, she had really bad luck not getting one.