• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Monday June 18, 2018

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Another awkward moment?

... in this comics, we probably shouldn't be surprised.

Sure, Ellen has dragon power, magic went public, Tedd got lab ... but the most important issue to solve is if Ellen is really really ok with being girl.

... like, yes, it is important, but I though there is nothing to add to it after this page. Guess I was wrong. Not only there is something to add, it's apparently long enough to warrant whole awkward page just as setup.

(Also, it means we won't find out if Magus asked the pizza delivery girl out. Or in.)

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

the most important issue to solve is if Ellen is really really ok with being girl.

Really? Nanase might disagree. Also, why has Mr. Dunkel gotten young?!

7 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

the most important issue to solve is if Ellen is really really ok with being girl.

Really? Nanase might disagree.

I'm not sure what you speak about now. Nanase definitely likes Ellen as girl.

Note: As one example, didn't Ellen just few hours ago wanted to read her spellbook? Did she? Or does she postponing it to morning?

9 minutes ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, why has Mr. Dunkel gotten young?!

You wouldn't? Unless he overdoes it like Nanase's mom, there is no problem with it. He can always claim he just changed hairstyle and used some face cream. In fact, maybe he did, we can't prove he asked Tedd for watches with younger form.

(Also, does he really look so much younger than few months ago?)

Being even genuinely comfortable with her role after getting used to it for over a year isn't really proof that she started out comfortable with it, especially when her template/brother has been shown to get used to things he clearly started out uncomfortable with.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Really? Nanase might disagree. Also, why has Mr. Dunkel gotten young?!

Anyway, I didn't think Elliot would mention Magus wanting to turn Ellen into a man until after they got home, although, it is apparent that Arthur heard Magus and Elliot discussing it on the security footage so it might have been futile to keep that part private but Elliot would understandably not want to continue that discussion in front of Arthur.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Elliot would understandably not want to continue that discussion in front of Arthur.

Arthur, at least based on how he treats Tedd, might not be the worse member of DGB to talk in front of on the some what touchy subject of magical sex changes.

Just now, mlooney said:

Arthur, at least based on how he treats Tedd, might not be the worse member of DGB to talk in front of on the some what touchy subject of magical sex changes.

I wasn't saying that it was a matter of trust with Arthur, Elliot might feel plain awkward about it. Elliot might actually prefer these bedroom discussions where's it's just him and Ellen and no one else to potentially sidetrack things.

Also, while Arthur has been shown to be pretty accepting based on his treatment of Tedd, he doesn't know Tedd's feelings on the subject, nor would be know Ellen's feelings. At best, he'd either say "Do what you feel is best" or "Think of the people who would be affected by what you decide." Thinking about the latter, the 2 who would seem to be most affected would be Magus and Nanase, and to way the pros and cons of becoming male, the pro would be that it would satisfy Magus' desire to make up for what he's done to Ellen, and the obvious con would be likely ending Ellen's relationship with Nanase.

13 minutes ago, Scotty said:

the pro would be that it would satisfy Magus' desire to make up for what he's done to Ellen, and the obvious con would be likely ending Ellen's relationship with Nanase.

I fail to see any benefit whatsoever for Ellen in this. And do not see what purpose it would serve to salve Magus' hurt ego.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

I fail to see any benefit whatsoever for Ellen in this. And do not see what purpose it would serve to salve Magus' hurt ego.

That's the thing, Ellen would be like "make Magus feel better, but hurt Nanase....NOPE!"

43 minutes ago, Scotty said:

That's the thing, Ellen would be like "make Magus feel better, but hurt Nanase....NOPE!"

...I am having trouble seeing that. I see her emotions as being more in the direction of, "Punch Magus so hard in the face that he will have a fist-shaped imprint instead of a nose, yes, and if he wants to hurt Nanase on top of that, do it again."

10 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Also, why has Mr. Dunkel gotten young?!

Art style change. He does still have a bit of a wrinkle under the eye, though.

Mr Dunkel obviously has the Dick Clark curse where an adult male must put great effort into his appearance each day to look mature.  Otherwise, he looks like he never outgrew adolescence.

Many men live with a similar curse where they may physically look their age, but must expend great effort to keep from acting like they never outgrew adolescence.

2 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

...I am having trouble seeing that. I see her emotions as being more in the direction of, "Punch Magus so hard in the face that he will have a fist-shaped imprint instead of a nose, yes, and if he wants to hurt Nanase on top of that, do it again."

It's a non-issue anyway. What I was basically trying to say was that there wouldn't be anything Arthur could add to any discussion.

14 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... in this comics, we probably shouldn't be surprised.

... between siblings, we shall never be surprised.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Many men live with a similar curse where they may physically look their age, but must expend great effort to keep from acting like they never outgrew adolescence.

Oh. That's what I've been doing wrong. I never bothered making the effort.

Eh well, may as well keep the non-effort up, then.

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

Oh. That's what I've been doing wrong. I never bothered making the effort.

The illusion you're using to look super-old seems to be working just fine, though assuming you look like your avatar.

16 hours ago, Haylo said:

Being even genuinely comfortable with her role after getting used to it for over a year isn't really proof that she started out comfortable with it, especially when her template/brother has been shown to get used to things he clearly started out uncomfortable with.

That's true. However:

1) Even Elliot stated that while uncomfortable with it first, he wasn't THAT MUCH uncomfortable.

2) Starting out uncomfortable then getting used to it may mean switching back will be uncomfortable with needing to get used to it again too.

3) Seriously, look at Nanase. She's worth it. I would be tempted to switch to female just to get her too, and I think I would be more uncomfortable with it than Elliot.

11 hours ago, Scotty said:
11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

More like "Hurting Nanase? ... NOPE! .... it does hurt Magus as well? Bonus!"

8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Never? Not true. They just skip being mature and move directly from adolescent to childish when getting old.

1 hour ago, chridd said:

assuming you look like your avatar.

... considering the avatar is actually Adrian Raven ... who IS using illusion to look old ...

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... considering the avatar is actually Adrian Raven ... who IS using illusion to look old ...

I rather think that was the point. :danshiftyeyes:

Mind you, he also actually _is_ rather old, so maybe he is allowed to. Hrm.

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I rather think that was the point. :danshiftyeyes:

My point was that you probably doesn't look like that.

(I'm also not looking as my avatar, but given my avatar is big letter I don't think that would surprise anyone.)

13 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Mind you, he also actually _is_ rather old, so maybe he is allowed to. Hrm.

His mother is supporting it.

41 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

(I'm also not looking as my avatar, but given my avatar is big letter I don't think that would surprise anyone.)

Whereas I chose my avatar, first Emu Hino and now Psych Student Pandora, because of a resemblance to how I look in the real world.  (I got a haircut in between.)

27 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Whereas I chose my avatar, first Emu Hino and now Psych Student Pandora, because of a resemblance to how I look in the real world.  (I got a haircut in between.)

I'm using similar logic when choosing my avatar in games, but just because they are closest to my appearance from the very limited set of available options, I don't think I really look like William Riker or Ash Tyler.

(Hmmm ... Riker is closer, I have blue eyes, not that such detail would be visible on the size of game avatar.)

I think people might be overthinking this a little bit- I think this is mostly Elliott wanting to actually check if Ellen actually is OK with being a girl, or if she wants to be a boy. Remember that Elliott's objection was to Magus making Ellen male without asking. I personally think that Ellen was more confused about her sexuality post- diamond than her gender, so I fully expect Ellen to say that she doesn't want to be male. Magus was projecting, but even though he was, that doesn't by itself mean Ellen didn't have gender issues.