• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
hkmaly

NP Monday June 18, 2018

http://www.egscomics.com/egsnp/gam-04

I see Justin agree which Grace-a-monster is coolest :) ... and George repeats my warning that strategy-wise it's the worst, because first two bosses are rock-type and water-type.

And Nanase then chooses water, which for some reason surprise Justin despite naming her "Bubbles".

Also, yes: giving the not-grandson first choice is illogical - wait. Actually it's pretty logical. George doesn't want to be accused of nepotism. Except he didn't though it through and it backfired because now he would be accused from planning this scenario, despite him really being all about love and friendship and just naive enough to not predict this.

And finally: Nanase isn't exactly min-maxing. Unless she knows that the player character is going to be important and someone worth min-maxing against. She simply chooses the best counter to show player character she doesn't like him.

Interestingly, in the Japanese version of Pokemon Red/Blue/whatever, the word used for grandchild is the gender-neutral "mago". Thus, Oak never needed to specify whether he was speaking of a grandson or a granddaughter.

So Justin with the consensus, Nanase with "Rock, Paper, Scissors". +1 with the font usage. -1 on George, again, compounded in perpetua.

On subverting age expectations, today's story comic also has to be included.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

Interestingly, in the Japanese version of Pokemon Red/Blue/whatever, the word used for grandchild is the gender-neutral "mago".

Did somebody say mango? :demonicduck: