• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

NP Wednesday July 11, 2018

6 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Awww!  I like that they're really friendly and only fight when they enjoy it, just like the Graces.

Grace-a-mon is a game about Grace caretakers taking their Graces out on playdates with other caretakers. It's a very social community.

Oh, and you catch wild Graces by getting them to have so much fun playing with your Grace that they want to stay with you.

I was scratching my head, wondering if this happens in one of the later games, before I read the commentary to see the joke is that it doesn't.

And yes, their eyes hadn't actually met before Tensaided started talking in panel one. That much, at least, is 100% consistent with what happens in-game.

"But I was just walking by and looking to the other side of the road..."

"Don't care, you must fight me!"

Considering how you usually go through the NPC trainers like knife through hot butter, they must be desperate for chance to win.

10 hours ago, Scotty said:
16 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Awww!  I like that they're really friendly and only fight when they enjoy it, just like the Graces.

Grace-a-mon is a game about Grace caretakers taking their Graces out on playdates with other caretakers. It's a very social community.

Oh, and you catch wild Graces by getting them to have so much fun playing with your Grace that they want to stay with you.

Speaking about which, DID Justin catch the Ratta-Grace? He DID said "my graces" ...

Just now, hkmaly said:

Speaking about which, DID Justin catch the Ratta-Grace? He DID said "my graces" ...

I would think so, but I wonder where that Grace, or any other Graces Justin has caught, are being kept. Pokemon has the pokeballs, what would the Grace-a-mon version be and how would they work?

48 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I wonder where that Grace, or any other Graces Justin has caught, are being kept.

When Justin had the one Grace, he carried her.   But now Justin apparently has more than one.  But we still only see one.  And that one is walking.

Perhaps Graces stack internally like nesting dolls?  That would explain why Justin is making Grace walk even though she is obviously tired.  With the mass of two (or more) Graces, she is too heavy for Justin to carry.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When Justin had the one Grace, he carried her.   But now Justin apparently has more than one.  But we still only see one.  And that one is walking.

Perhaps Graces stack internally like nesting dolls?  That would explain why Justin is making Grace walk even though she is obviously tired.  With the mass of two (or more) Graces, she is too heavy for Justin to carry.

Pokemon Yellow had the gimmick of having Pikachu follow you around, Dan could be applying that to the starter Graces here.

Oh yeah, so what I couldn't figure out how to put into words back when the strip was posted is that knowing how things normally go in Pokemon I do find this strip amusing, but it still doesn't really feel like it has a proper punchline. It also didn't make me laugh, but then it takes a lot to make me laugh, so that's nothing new.