• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Main Friday Jul 13, 2018

3 hours ago, Drasvin said:
On 7/15/2018 at 0:23 AM, hkmaly said:

As you mentioned yourself, making herself real student is NOT necessary to be seen in public with Sarah. Just looking as student will be enough. It's unlikely someone would actually bother to check if she's visiting any classes, or in case she would, if she has them subscribed or what's the word. I'm not sure about US, but in Europe hardly any university teacher is checking attendance, and the ones who do check in the other direction - they complain if someone will appear on exam without ever being in class, but if someone appears in class and not on exam? Probably wasn't feeling being able to do that exam.

The bigger the university, the less likely is someone would be making sure everyone belongs here, with the possible exception of gate, which Pandora can skip or go through invisible.

Depends on the teacher. I imagine the administration for the school wouldn't like teachers teaching someone that hasn't paid their tuition. Though that would depend on word getting back to the administration, which again depends on the teachers in question and how high profile Pandora is.

Technically, yes. However, I don't think many teachers would be willing to bother checking it. As you said, it will be administration actually caring about it, not the teachers.

7 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

...she could teach at Sarah's college.

About magic.

That would require the government to abandon, or at least ease up, on their secrecy policy, which I doubt they would do by the time the cast goes into college. Though it would be an awesome idea.

Exactly. I expect they WILL do it, but not nearly this quick. Sure, they likely admit EXISTENCE of magic soon (Arthur already said it in open, although not openly as member of government), but they will still try to keep secret how easy it's to learn it.

Hey, if it's going public, what school wouldn't jump at the chance to have a genuine Immortal teaching about this brand new, exciting field?

Any school that knows what a headache an Immortal can be, especially with their tendency toward a substantially different system of morals and ethics.

Basically, when teaching magic would become officially supported and not something secret, schools will race to get some immortal assuming it would be the best teacher they can get. In year or two, they will realize their mistake. Then they start looking for elves and would be very disappointed there seem to be only one elf willing to teach - Adrian Raven.

Heck, Pandora can shape-shift, she could do both!

She could do both, but that's effectively doubling her work load, and even Immortals have limits of how much stress they can take. Though if she's careful with her scheduling, it actually would be a good idea if she wants to act more openly, as learning different subjects could help with understanding how human's perceive the world.

... I'm not sure if Immortals can handle as much stress as humans actually :)

Also, she will be YOUNG immortal. It's possible she won't be able to shapeshift, or just in limited ways.

And I'm not sure she would care that much about learning to understand humans.

2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Also, she will be YOUNG immortal. It's possible she won't be able to shapeshift, or just in limited ways.

Les Immortels could turn invisible at will, change size and switch clothes on a whim, and that was as you mentioned after an improper reset. That is at least a start.

Mind you, they also made an alarm clock which failed to wake them up, so clearly they did have limits. Maybe the simple stuff is really easy but the complex things can get tricky?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:
4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Les Immortels could turn invisible at will, change size and switch clothes on a whim, and that was as you mentioned after an improper reset. That is at least a start.

Yes. Seems like only limited shapeshifting. But you're right it was improper reset so we don't know how limited will Pandora be after proper one.