• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
partner555

Main Friday Jul 13, 2018

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Did Tedd really need to phrase his closing comment in such a manner?

One of the most emotional scenes in EGS, and the specific wording makes me think of My Little Pony.

Dan seems to be a fan of that show, it might be deliberate.

I see a hill, but I cannot see the way down. The new form Pandora could not be that uncanny at first glance. Gosh, you should all hope that she acts like Jerry.

Plus, is Diane up for an interview? "Reply Hazy, Try Again".

3 hours ago, Stature said:

I see a hill, but I cannot see the way down. The new form Pandora could not be that uncanny at first glance. Gosh, you should all hope that she acts like Jerry.

She's refreshing, she may be losing a good portion of her knowledge and power, but it doesn't seem like she's returning to her basic nature either. I don't think she'll have moments where she'd rather be doing other things like Zeus, and remembering those important to her, she should continue to treat them as such.

I'm still of the belief that Pandora will wind up being Sarah's roommate in college. ;)

MORE HUGS!

6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Did Tedd really need to phrase his closing comment in such a manner?

One of the most emotional scenes in EGS, and the specific wording makes me think of My Little Pony.

Someone on Twitter mentioned it made them think of Twilight Sparkle with a Darth Vader-esque voice.

First, noone commented about it so I can't use reply :)

Grace's wavy hair. Grace is shapeshifter capable of mixing forms, and always was. Her liking it that way is ONLY possible answer. If she didn't liked it, she would look differently, with basically zero effort. (Also, "naturally" means something different in her case.) All those cases in history where she was in her human form and didn't had wavy hair? She was mixing in straight hair from her half-squirrel form.

Also, her current form is not her native one anyway. No antennae. That means it was based on some clone form, as no-clone form wouldn't be able to do that effect.

8 hours ago, WR...S said:

...sometimes I feel like the gods themselves are shouting "NOW KISS!"

Somehow I don't think this would be good opportunity for that. Like, kissing is not compatible with what they currently feel.

However, I'm surprised Grace is not hugging them as well.

6 hours ago, Douglas said:
8 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Dan seems to be a fan of that show, it might be deliberate.

I consider this wording obvious proof Tedd is also fan of My Little Pony. It's not like it would be in conflict with anything else we know about him.

(Now ... was he fan before Grace shown it to him?)

5 hours ago, Stature said:

Plus, is Diane up for an interview?

Certainly not. I think that unlike Susan, she wouldn't even pick up the phone.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

All the feels.  If The Dan keeps this up there will not be any feels left for any one else to use.

No way. Namesake comics is using up much more feels and doesn't seem shortage is near.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

She's refreshing, she may be losing a good portion of her knowledge and power, but it doesn't seem like she's returning to her basic nature either. I don't think she'll have moments where she'd rather be doing other things like Zeus, and remembering those important to her, she should continue to treat them as such.

I'm still of the belief that Pandora will wind up being Sarah's roommate in college. ;)

Her basic nature is probably prankster. I think there are opportunities for that in college :)

I wanted to say she won't do pranks on those important to her but on second though, she probably would. She'll just make really sure it's not harmful type of pranks.

And as I already said: to be Sarah's official roommate, she would need to have human identity. While DGB probably could get one for her, I don't think they would consider it good idea. Pandora is unlikely to be that seriously interested in the college education either. And I don't think any other character would came up with it either.

So, basically, she will be in Sarah's room so often she will effectively be her roommate, but she wouldn't officially be listed as being there or attending the college. Which can mean, depending on college rules, that Sarah will be forced to have someone else as roommate too. Now, DGB will CERTAINLY think it's good idea that someone would be "in" on masquerade so they may help with that.

Oh, more fun than that. Pandora deliberately makes herself visible and audible to Sarah, but not to Roommate*.

Until the day when Sarah is not there and Pandora starts talking with Roommate - without making herself visible.

* Roommate. Not Roomie. She's in a different comic and routinely NSFW.

35 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Oh, more fun than that. Pandora deliberately makes herself visible and audible to Sarah, but not to Roommate*.

Making her roommate think she's crazy IS harmful. Also, I'm sure Pandora can do funnier thinks if visible.

... hmmm ... IS Pandora able to be visible to two people at once but look differently to them?

36 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Until the day when Sarah is not there and Pandora starts talking with Roommate - without making herself visible.

... that would also be harmful but if that roommate is not important to Pandora I guess it's totally something Pandora would do.

4 hours ago, hkmaly said:

And as I already said: to be Sarah's official roommate, she would need to have human identity. While DGB probably could get one for her, I don't think they would consider it good idea. Pandora is unlikely to be that seriously interested in the college education either. And I don't think any other character would came up with it either.

So, basically, she will be in Sarah's room so often she will effectively be her roommate, but she wouldn't officially be listed as being there or attending the college. Which can mean, depending on college rules, that Sarah will be forced to have someone else as roommate too. Now, DGB will CERTAINLY think it's good idea that someone would be "in" on masquerade so they may help with that.

Maybe not. Magic is changing to accommodate the reveal, maybe by the time Sarah goes to college this won't be a big secret anymore. "Hi I'm Sarah and this is my immortal fae magic tutor/friend's great fairy godmother/ancestor of another friend, Pandora." "Hi."

5 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Helena and Demetrius had been seen numerous times at MNHS posing as students while keeping an eye on Elliot. Mind you it is unclear whether anyone could actually see them or not, but in the example I linked, Helena had clearly opened the door to walk in. I recall it being mentioned that both MNHS and MSHS had roughly a couple thousand students each so it probably wouldn't be difficult to pose as a student since it's unlikely that every teacher would be able to keep track of everyone at a given moment. Pandora might be able to do the same in college, and you never know, she might be able to forge her own student registration papers and sneak them in the files.

There is an alternative.  Many, but not all,  American Colleges and Universities require Freshman students to live in campus housing.

Sarah, and any of the other EGS regulars who would help advance the story arc in which Sarah is involved after High School, may elect to enroll at a school that does not have this requirement.

Renting a house near the campus is quite common for a group of students.

On 07/13/2018 at 8:40 PM, Alwaysnewguy said:
On 07/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, hkmaly said:

Maybe not. Magic is changing to accommodate the reveal, maybe by the time Sarah goes to college this won't be a big secret anymore. "Hi I'm Sarah and this is my immortal fae magic tutor/friend's great fairy godmother/ancestor of another friend, Pandora." "Hi."

... Magic already CHANGED to accommodate the reveal and doesn't plan to do anything more to rush it. It can still take years - it just will became unstoppable soon.

Meanwhile, Sarah is going to college when, next year?

On 07/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, Scotty said:
On 07/13/2018 at 4:18 PM, hkmaly said:

Helena and Demetrius had been seen numerous times at MNHS posing as students while keeping an eye on Elliot. Mind you it is unclear whether anyone could actually see them or not, but in the example I linked, Helena had clearly opened the door to walk in. I recall it being mentioned that both MNHS and MSHS had roughly a couple thousand students each so it probably wouldn't be difficult to pose as a student since it's unlikely that every teacher would be able to keep track of everyone at a given moment.

Yes and I totally expect she would be doing that. I mean, posing as student, not actually being one, just like Helena and Demetrius here.

On 07/13/2018 at 9:37 PM, Scotty said:

Pandora might be able to do the same in college, and you never know, she might be able to forge her own student registration papers and sneak them in the files.

Forging papers in way which makes them believable is not hard. It's just boring because you need to take care of lot of little things. I don't think young Pandora will bother with that. I repeat, main issue is that basically nobody is actually motivated to make Pandora real student.

On 07/13/2018 at 10:38 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

There is an alternative.  Many, but not all,  American Colleges and Universities require Freshman students to live in campus housing.

Sarah, and any of the other EGS regulars who would help advance the story arc in which Sarah is involved after High School, may elect to enroll at a school that does not have this requirement.

Renting a house near the campus is quite common for a group of students.

In real life, I would argue that such requirement would make harder to find college/university to study.

However, this is story. If Dan would like main cast to rent a house near the campus, he can. If Dan would like to force main cast into campus housing, he can totally say they needed to ... or that they LIKED to. (He can also put all of them into one house, despite the fact they are likely going to study different fields.)

... but, based on Family Tree, there is apparently at least one college around which doesn't enforce rules for where the students live too hard.

1 minute ago, hkmaly said:

I repeat, main issue is that basically nobody is actually motivated to make Pandora real student.

It doesn't have to be anyone else's motivation, if Pandora wants to be seen in public with Sarah, she'd take the necessary step to make it appear that she belongs there.

Of course if there's no more need to keep magic secret and such, Pandora could just tell people the truth.

5 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

... but, based on Family Tree, there is apparently at least one college around which doesn't enforce rules for where the students live too hard.

Those houses could still be the property of the college, some colleges/universities might find it easier to just buy up large homes and convert them into apartments rather than build large dormitories. Or they might have started off with a couple dorms, but later bought and converted homes as enrollment increased.

Alternatively, at least in my area, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before, but many people buy up homes near the college and university for the purpose of renting to students.

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

I repeat, main issue is that basically nobody is actually motivated to make Pandora real student.

It doesn't have to be anyone else's motivation, if Pandora wants to be seen in public with Sarah, she'd take the necessary step to make it appear that she belongs there.

As you mentioned yourself, making herself real student is NOT necessary to be seen in public with Sarah. Just looking as student will be enough. It's unlikely someone would actually bother to check if she's visiting any classes, or in case she would, if she has them subscribed or what's the word. I'm not sure about US, but in Europe hardly any university teacher is checking attendance, and the ones who do check in the other direction - they complain if someone will appear on exam without ever being in class, but if someone appears in class and not on exam? Probably wasn't feeling being able to do that exam.

The bigger the university, the less likely is someone would be making sure everyone belongs here, with the possible exception of gate, which Pandora can skip or go through invisible.

55 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Of course if there's no more need to keep magic secret and such, Pandora could just tell people the truth.

And, even if magic is still supposed to be secret or at least not something boring enough to say openly unless you want publicity, she can tell quite boring half-truth if exposed: she's not really student, but she's friend of Sarah and is interested in few classes but not enough to study the school. While that might not be officially allowed, I doubt anyone would try to prosecute her. Or, at least not for just being there - her pranks might be something else.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Those houses could still be the property of the college, some colleges/universities might find it easier to just buy up large homes and convert them into apartments rather than build large dormitories. Or they might have started off with a couple dorms, but later bought and converted homes as enrollment increased.

True.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Alternatively, at least in my area, and I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before, but many people buy up homes near the college and university for the purpose of renting to students.

But in such case it's unlikely someone will be checking if all people living there are actually students.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

But in such case it's unlikely someone will be checking if all people living there are actually students.

Look, it's really simple. Pandora will just wear a t-shirt with the text "Everyday Student" written on it and no-one will pay any attention to her after that. :danshiftyeyes:

14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Look, it's really simple. Pandora will just wear a t-shirt with the text "Everyday Student" written on it and no-one will pay any attention to her after that. :danshiftyeyes:

I don't think Mr. Shive has ever shot down the fan belief that Mr. Verres had some kind of spell to make those work, so they might have to go through him -- on th other hand, if Tedd asks nicely for a t-shirt for his great godmother...

5 hours ago, Haylo said:

I don't think Mr. Shive has ever shot down the fan belief that Mr. Verres had some kind of spell to make those work, so they might have to go through him

I can't see why that would be necessary. Two other Immortals seemed to manage to get it to work fine on their own. And they weren't even very old.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:
9 hours ago, Haylo said:

I don't think Mr. Shive has ever shot down the fan belief that Mr. Verres had some kind of spell to make those work, so they might have to go through him

I can't see why that would be necessary. Two other Immortals seemed to manage to get it to work fine on their own. And they weren't even very old.

AND they reset improperly.

9 hours ago, Haylo said:

The assumption Mr. Verres has such spell makes sense. The assumption he's only one doesn't.

Hmm, I know I've been the main advocate of Pandora going to college with Sarah, but it occurs to me there is another option....

...she could teach at Sarah's college.

About magic.

Hey, if it's going public, what school wouldn't jump at the chance to have a genuine Immortal teaching about this brand new, exciting field?

Heck, Pandora can shape-shift, she could do both!

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, hkmaly said:
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Scotty said:
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, hkmaly said:

As you mentioned yourself, making herself real student is NOT necessary to be seen in public with Sarah. Just looking as student will be enough. It's unlikely someone would actually bother to check if she's visiting any classes, or in case she would, if she has them subscribed or what's the word. I'm not sure about US, but in Europe hardly any university teacher is checking attendance, and the ones who do check in the other direction - they complain if someone will appear on exam without ever being in class, but if someone appears in class and not on exam? Probably wasn't feeling being able to do that exam.

The bigger the university, the less likely is someone would be making sure everyone belongs here, with the possible exception of gate, which Pandora can skip or go through invisible.

Depends on the teacher. I imagine the administration for the school wouldn't like teachers teaching someone that hasn't paid their tuition. Though that would depend on word getting back to the administration, which again depends on the teachers in question and how high profile Pandora is.

4 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

Hmm, I know I've been the main advocate of Pandora going to college with Sarah, but it occurs to me there is another option....

...she could teach at Sarah's college.

About magic.

That would require the government to abandon, or at least ease up, on their secrecy policy, which I doubt they would do by the time the cast goes into college. Though it would be an awesome idea.

Hey, if it's going public, what school wouldn't jump at the chance to have a genuine Immortal teaching about this brand new, exciting field?

Any school that knows what a headache an Immortal can be, especially with their tendency toward a substantially different system of morals and ethics.

Heck, Pandora can shape-shift, she could do both!

She could do both, but that's effectively doubling her work load, and even Immortals have limits of how much stress they can take. Though if she's careful with her scheduling, it actually would be a good idea if she wants to act more openly, as learning different subjects could help with understanding how human's perceive the world.