• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  

ComicNumber713.png

TheHeroesOfCRASH.com

Belt Boy comes to a realization about what being a leader means (fairly literally!).

One of my less-traditional layouts, as I tend to favor 4-panel strips in a 2x2 layout. If you count the bottom left panel as 9 panels instead of one, this strip has more panels than any other strip I've done, at a whopping 14!

Speaking of that 9-in-one panel, that was especially fun to draw. I wanted to make sure that each mini-panel showed off its character through the background and his/her facial expression. Gelatin Boy is a bit nervous about Belt Boy's faith in him, and his background is based on the wobbly shape of his head. Dodge and Dino-Mo are calm, but impressed by Belt Boy's attitude, and their backgrounds show a flying dodgeball and a dinosaur fossil, respectively. Sugar Rush, as always, is enthusiastic and ready to help out her friend; she's got a peppermint swirl background. Titanium Maiden is feeling proud that Belt Boy seems to have gotten over his attitude problem from earlier and is showing his team proper respect, and she's thankful that he's okay; her background, of course, is her signature flower. Cannon's smirking as if to say, "About time you wised up, BB," as he sits in front of his purple-on-green stripe (His hand resting on the panel frame represents his tendency to break the fourth wall, by the way!). Unk is almost as pleased as Sugar Rush to help out a friend, but is a bit more chill about it, as he is regarding most things; his background shows off his shades. Enticia is moved by his attitude toward his team, especially as she's been reflecting on her own leadership abilities; the insignias from her "heartbreaker pants" (as I call them) are in the background. Jackknife, with his pointy insignia behind him, is doing that mock-gagging thing because he's sick of all this sappy emotion-sharing. And of course, in the last panel (or space between panels), Belt Boy and B.O.N.N.I.E. stand before Belt Boy's signature utility belt buckle.

If you missed my announcement on the main page, I've greatly updated my Fan Art page! This includes two bits of fan art I got through social media this past week: Cannon by BigNoseBug on Twitter (a storyboard artist for the upcoming Thundercats cartoon), and Belt Boy by Ken Bailey (creator of EnergyGirl, and the winner of my last birthday contest)!  Here they are:

BigNoseBugFanart-CannonDrawnInMyStyle.jp

KenBaileyFanArt-BeltBoy.jpg