• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Wild Speculation version 3.14159265...

15 minutes ago, Scotty said:

This would also mean that if Susan's father, grandfather, etc etc, didn't marry anyone with strong magic ability, it's easily possible that Diane could surpass Susan in magic strength by a long shot for the fact that she's only 2 steps from an Immortal.

I fully expect that once she gets magic, or at least knows she has magic, Diane will be a powerhouse, being the granddaughter of an immortal.  She already has what appears to be be a mind affecting spell that she is casting with out knowing she is.  Once she has a little more control over it, and gains her spellbook, I suspect she will be a rather active mage.

10 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Heka did say "Wizards, Seers, those with Magical Affinities..." are descended from Immortals (we didn't see him say the unquoted part but I think it's safe to assume by now that's pretty much what he said) so, it's pretty certain that Tedd and Nanase are descended from Immortals because Tedd's a Seer who's parents are wizards and Nanase is of course related and has been regarded as having power comparable to royalty in another realm which could indicate a strong relation to Immortal ancestry. Of course though, Nanase doesn't appear to be a wizard,  Susan also doesn't appear to be a wizard either, but since we know that Susan's affinity is where she's gotten her spells from, we could assume that Nanase's magic might be based around an affinity passed down by her family as well.

Ashley's a confirmed wizard, whether it's something that she always was and it was as hard to detect as Sarah's affinity, or she was "gifted" the ability by being exposed to the energy of the diamond is debatable, if it was simply a matter of it being like Sarah's affinity then it's likely she has Immortal ancestry, though because of Sarah's affinity, I gotta wonder if it being hard to detect is due to how far back their ancestry goes and how thin that bloodline is. Like with Nanase's family it's apparent that they kept their tradition of monster hunters going as strong as they did by hooking up with other powerful magic users, like how Noriko married Edward in the hopes of their offspring carrying on the tradition. This would also mean that if Susan's father, grandfather, etc etc, didn't marry anyone with strong magic ability, it's easily possible that Diane could surpass Susan in magic strength by a long shot for the fact that she's only 2 steps from an Immortal.

My impression is that Sarah would not have any magic of her own if not for being marked. She's shown no other abilities.

There is no evidence that Ashley had any magical affinity prior to the Dewitchery Diamond exploding, but on the other hand, it is easy to see her and everyone else missing her nominal ability.

Some of the strength is through use and practice, numerous examples, but most clearly stated by Pandora to Sarah. Susan has been using hers, and is likely to keep up with her spell book; Diane looks like she'd be an enthusiast.

Thinness of bloodline sounds reasonable, but may not be a factor. It might come down to presence or absence of a specific gene. Number of copies might matter.

I don't think Heka's statement was meant to be exclusive in the sense we are talking about, or possibly hkmaly's notion that everyone has immortal ancestry is true.

Interesting speculations.

6 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

My impression is that Sarah would not have any magic of her own if not for being marked. She's shown no other abilities

That is, more or less, what Jerry said.  

49 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Thinness of bloodline sounds reasonable, but may not be a factor. It might come down to presence or absence of a specific gene. Number of copies might matter.

We know that hair colour is a mystery because someone could have the genes for brown hair and yet be blonde, so bloodline in this case may not be able literal genetics, but rather how much of an Immortal's essence is passed down from generation to generation. Heck, I wouldn't expect a genetic comparison of Susan and Diane to be anywhere near as close to identical as they look. Aside from height difference (hair colour doesn't count because Susan was born blonde) they look pretty darned identical, that shouldn't be possible because Diane's biological mother and Susan's ancestral mother aren't related (although at this moment I am curious about the chances of it being the case what which Susan's family probably having enough branches on it that it might be possible for someone on one side of the tree to hook up with someone on the other side without realizing their relation, or maybe in the case of long lived elves, someone at the base of a tree they didn't know existed, hooking up with someone near the top) there should have been some of Diane's mother passed on to her, and generations of Susan's family ending up in her.  But if Pandora's essence was part of what dictated appearance, then that'd be easier to explain.

32 minutes ago, Scotty said:

But if Pandora's essence was part of what dictated appearance, then that'd be easier to explain.

Wasn't that more or less what Justin said about them looking a like?  That the nature of their magic effected their looks.

Just now, mlooney said:

Wasn't that more or less what Justin said about them looking a like?  That the nature of their magic effected their looks.

Yeah, but that was more along the lines of Magic having a flair for the dramatic which was also something Zeus was considering just prior to Pandora's interruption. This is still a form of genetics, but more like magical genetics which are on a separate level than biological genetics.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, but that was more along the lines of Magic having a flair for the dramatic which was also something Zeus was considering just prior to Pandora's interruption. This is still a form of genetics, but more like magical genetics which are on a separate level than biological genetics.

So does magical genetics have a version of a DNA test?