• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Story Wednesday August 1, 2018

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

A severe change on its own wouldn't be a reset, but it would reset all wizards and other magic users in the same way that Nanase would have had to "reset" back to a white belt if she had chosen to join Greg's new martial arts class.

Well, sort of, but I'm still wondering where the word appeared first time.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Mind you she would probably get back to black belt pretty quick even if she couldn't use magic

Especially considering only way she can actually stop using magic would be to be burned out. I mean, she WAS burned out when the new dojo was starting, but the moment she got magic back, she would immediately be stronger and possibly faster, which would make her more dangerous even without using her special attacks.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, I'm not sure where either.

8 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Especially considering only way she can actually stop using magic would be to be burned out. I mean, she WAS burned out when the new dojo was starting, but the moment she got magic back, she would immediately be stronger and possibly faster, which would make her more dangerous even without using her special attacks.

Of course, even when burned out, she could lift more than her own weight. So she could still kick arse without magic, as long as it wasn't against someone using magic.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:
1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Of course, even when burned out, she could lift more than her own weight.

You know how much she weights?

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

So she could still kick arse without magic, as long as it wasn't against someone using magic.

Oh, definitely.

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

I doubt she weighs 160. Accounting for muscle weighing more than fat and that Nanase probably doesn't have much if any fat on her (magic boobs aside) I'd estimate she's somewhere between 110 and 130, I'd ask but that's not a polite thing to do. ;)

3 hours ago, Scotty said:
3 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I doubt she weighs 160. Accounting for muscle weighing more than fat and that Nanase probably doesn't have much if any fat on her (magic boobs aside) I'd estimate she's somewhere between 110 and 130

Not having fat is very unhealthy and I don't think she ever tried any diet which could cause that (nor she needs to, unless you ask some bulimic).

But considering she's not exactly tall, maybe?

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

I'd ask but that's not a polite thing to do.

She could answer zero ... if she hangs around Tedd or Susan enough.

15 hours ago, hkmaly said:

... hell, where did we get the word "reset" from? Did we mixed it up with immortals reseting?

11 hours ago, hkmaly said:

I have no idea who used it that way first, but I know there have been a few times I've been about to type "magic reset" before remembering that it was a "change" and that "reset" applied to immortals; I'm sure there were times I didn't catch myself.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Not having fat is very unhealthy and I don't think she ever tried any diet which could cause that (nor she needs to, unless you ask some bulimic).

I got an ex military friend who's doctor once called him obese despite him having no visible fat.

Also Nanase can burn calories to cast spells, it's been a bit of a running gag that she can pig out on food and not gain weight.

Just now, hkmaly said:

But considering she's not exactly tall, maybe?

My friend is 5'7". BMI isn't really the best measure for determining obesity.

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

"Doctors, people are figuring out that the height-and-weight charts horribly over-simplify things. Obesity can't be completely defined in terms of those two numbers. What do we do?"

"How about if we divide one of those two numbers by the other and give the result a nice scientific-sound name? Oh, maybe 'Body Mass Index'?"

"Perfect! Let's do it!"

14 hours ago, Don Edwards said:
14 hours ago, Scotty said:

"Doctors, people are figuring out that the height-and-weight charts horribly over-simplify things. Obesity can't be completely defined in terms of those two numbers. What do we do?"

"How about if we divide one of those two numbers by the other and give the result a nice scientific-sound name? Oh, maybe 'Body Mass Index'?"

"Perfect! Let's do it!"

I read somewhere BMI is quite useful method to determine if you are UNDERweight, though.

BMI does nothing to distinguish fat from muscle from everything else; it is only a relation between height and total mass. Going by BMI alone, Arnold Schwarzenegger is morbidly obese.

As for Nanase, she has gone on the record as being five feet, four inches tall in her base form. That puts her slightly on the petite side of average, thus skewing her body mass lower in the spectrum.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
On 8/20/2018 at 4:58 PM, Scotty said:

doctor once called him obese despite him having no visible fat

Well, there are some people who have their fat entirely within their head.

That almost sounds as insult, but note that Myelin is mostly from lipids and myelin insulation is critical for speed of electrical impulses on axons.

Most known reason for not having fat in brain is multiple sclerosis.